• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my boss came to me and said, we'd like to offer you a two year contract, I think I would kind of know that I am not the long term answer and would either take the contract and accept that, or say no thanks I will look to work elsewhere.

Bradford knew this! You guys act like he didn't and that is false. Only thing that changed is that he now actually has other Qbs in the locker room. He apparently doesn't want to compete for a job, period.

There is no way Bradford knew they were going to give up the farm to move up to get a QB to replace him. You can look at the two-year contract different ways. Maybe he wanted to prove himself to the Eagles he doesn't need money. Regardless he would be a free agent after two years and get paid again by someone. The contract was good for both parties. He's not pissed about competing he's pissed because The Eagles arnt getting better through the draft to make the team better.

Last edited:

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you work for a company that no matter how well you produce, you're going to be replaced and you literally know it.

That's just ridiculous. If Bradford plays lights out this year he'll be the starter next year too.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all want Wentz to be great. Many just see Bradford as a good starting QB (a few teams go years looking for one) that could improve. With a rookie you're risking 6 years of your franchise. It's not a love of Bradford but the future of the team. You do realize if the very real chance Wentz fails happens we are absolutely screwed right?

I get where you're coming from if you truly believe Bradford is a good starting QB -- that's where we disagree immensely. With a good starting QB, if you build a good team around him, you obviously have a chance to be a serious contender. I believe Bradford is an average to a below average starting QB, which means I don't think he'll ever be good enough to help take this team where we all want to go. To me, we have to find a franchise QB -- with that there comes a lot of risk, but if we don't ever find one we will continue to sit around with an empty trophy case, drafting middle of the pack every year.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's just ridiculous. If Bradford plays lights out this year he'll be the starter next year too.

You think so? I don't see it. Maybe that's just me but I just don't see it. There are certainly references in the past where you can look too that show that Sam will be replaced regardless. Not to beat a dead horse but Brees and Rivers were in the same boat. Brees wasn't having a good career then bam he goes lights out and gets traded to the Saints.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think so? I don't see it. Maybe that's just me but I just don't see it. There are certainly references in the past where you can look too that show that Sam will be replaced regardless. Not to beat a dead horse but Brees and Rivers were in the same boat. Brees wasn't having a good career then bam he goes lights out and gets traded to the Saints.

Ok... Let's say Bradford comes out and has an MVP year ( ridiculous, but let's play this out) and leads the team to say a second round loss. A damn near perfect seson on his part only to lose on a special teams play or something.

You really think they would just toss him to give the rookie the ball? We would still have him under contract, there would be no logical need to rush him in.

Since our FO is so serious about recreating the Reid Era, we could just as easily trade Wentz for a bounty and extend Sam.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he wouldn't put up Brady numbers next year and that's exactly why he shouldn't want to be in Philly. Why would you work for a company that no matter how well you produce, you're going to be replaced and you literally know it. This obviously isn't about money, since he has a very undeserving contract in Philly so he clearly believes he can be the future somewhere else. Wasn't his long term offer on the table when Chip was there? I highly doubt with the coaching change that this scenario gets any different but we'll never know that for a fact. I don't blame Sam for wanting out. Not sure who would be desperate enough to eat that contract but I do get it.

Because he has NOT produced or made it through the ENTIRE year at ANY OTHER company. That's why Philly signed Daniels and is drafting a QB. How can you possibly think Bradford is the future anywhere? Chip thought he would give him a try, but had some insurance as well. Chip's gone.

Who else honestly is going to make Samantha their future? :dhd:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your boss came up to you today and said.... hey we need you to train this guy for a year then we are going to get rid of you and he will take your spot. oh and btw you won't have benifits this year either (draft pick Eagles gave up) yeah I'm sure you would be just chipper.... You would get the fuck out of there.

It's not just Bradford training the rookie though. And there is NO guarantee the rookie ends up being a hit. I'd say it's more likely to bust in this situation. It's actually very good possibility that Bradford starts for 2016 and stays there as long as he doesn't get injured.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because he has NOT produced or made it through the ENTIRE year at ANY OTHER company. That's why Philly signed Daniels and is drafting a QB. How can you possibly think Bradford is the future anywhere? Chip thought he would give him a try, but had some insurance as well. Chip's gone.

Who else honestly is going to make Samantha their future? :dhd:

Let me rephrase my position. I agree with you 100%. If were a GM who left my crimson cream to the face at the door, I wouldn't trade for him if it came at a price that wasn't reflective to his career. All I'm saying is that Eagle fans shouldn't be mad at his supposed response to not being the future. He clearly believes he can still be the guy regardless of his production or lack thereof.

For the record, if we're talking about having the best mentor for Wentz in this system, Daniels is the guy.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Bradford sees himself as the future of any teams' franchise is how out of touch he and/or his agent truly is. He had that chance and it's gone. 2-3 injurys to his knees/shoulders later, he's a 2 year stop gap QB end of story. He's lucky the need for QB is so high right now, but with last year's class of QBs - 2 years from now the guy may end up being a back up.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Bradford training the rookie though. And there is NO guarantee the rookie ends up being a hit. I'd say it's more likely to bust in this situation. It's actually very good possibility that Bradford starts for 2016 and stays there as long as he doesn't get injured.

Of course he would be the starter SJ. He's not worried about that. He's pissed they gave up picks including the 8th pick which could have been a stud RB or any other impact player to help the team now. But they traded away picks for a guy to sit on the bench for a year which from his pov doesn't help the team now and tells him he will have to find a job next year. It's as simple as the Eagles made it clear he is not in their future plans so why wouldn't he go to a team that wants him this year and beyond.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Bradford sees himself as the future of any teams' franchise is how out of touch he and/or his agent truly is. He had that chance and it's gone. 2-3 injurys to his knees/shoulders later, he's a 2 year stop gap QB end of story. He's lucky the need for QB is so high right now, but with last year's class of QBs - 2 years from now the guy may end up being a back up.

Bradford needs pieces around him for sure. he's not Brady or Rogers. And I think he thought that's what he had with the Eagles with a good draft

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was rookie of the year and had done well when healthy. To think he couldn't succeed in a good O with a decent oline is dumb. Thinking he may get hurt is fine but thinking he's bottom ten is dumb.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford needs pieces around him for sure. he's not Brady or Rogers. And I think he thought that's what he had with the Eagles with a good draft

When Chip was here we offered him a long term deal. We offered him another one after Chip left. He turn both down to see what free agency could get him. There was not a lot of interest so the two camps came up with this 2 year deal that is really just a one year deal. The only thing Bradford as shown me is he wants to be payed like a top 5 QB without earning it.

Mathews averaged over 5 yards a carry last year and there is no reason to think that won''t continue this year. He and the receivers seem to get better towards the end of the year. We upgraded the line in FA. We added to the WR group as well. What other upgrades does Bradford need?

He signed to play football so he needs to shut up and play.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who changed their mind? It wasn't the Eagles, they have said and continue to say Bradford is their starting QB. He has a two year deal. Work hard , play well and the rest will take care of itself.

You can't have emotional intelligence if your QB has no intelligence. Right now I am questioning big time Sam's motivation. I personally don't want him as my QB anymore. I want a guy with fire in his belly.

I must have missed the part where they said but just for one year. Perhaps you could point me to that quote.

Here's the problem. Your starting qb will get 90% of the reps in practice. Your backup will get the rest. Your 3rd string qb will run scout team.
The iggles didn't give up the house to have #3 hold the clipboard and get no reps this year. And Daniels didn't come to give up his reps to the 3rd string.
So Bradford is expected to give up his reps to keep the other two happy? Bradford is expected to establish his value by practicing less, with less tools?
This is brain dead. They'll be lucky if they can get a fourth for him at this point.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my boss came to me and said, we'd like to offer you a two year contract, I think I would kind of know that I am not the long term answer and would either take the contract and accept that, or say no thanks I will look to work elsewhere.

Bradford knew this! You guys act like he didn't and that is false. Only thing that changed is that he now actually has other Qbs in the locker room. He apparently doesn't want to compete for a job, period.

If you had any self-belief you'd realize that one year hadn't proved anything and that if you were going to earn the long-term deal you had to put up more numbers. Thus you take the short-term deal.
Thinking that Bradford knew they were going to spend everything to get a top qb in the draft is inventing reasons to pissed at him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he knew they were going to trade up or not is beside the point, they made it very clear they were going to be drafting a QB, and literally had an empty locker next to Bradford and Daniel for the player to be drafted later. It's no secret. The only thing that changed is that the player is Carson Wentz and Bradford bitched out and asked out before even taking a snap in competition.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he is:L
Who gives up a boatload of picks to draft a 'franchise' qb and then sits that 'franchise' qb on the bench for a couple of years? How's the future supposed to get better if he never practices?

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is:L
Who gives up a boatload of picks to draft a 'franchise' qb and then sits that 'franchise' qb on the bench for a couple of years? How's the future supposed to get better if he never practices?

The goal is to get our Franchise guy...If you find it you keep it regardless of how you get there.

So if Bradford would of TURNED INTO one he would of kept it. And Wentz would of been trade bait. Pretty simple really.

Problem is, Bradford is medicore at best and the FO knows it and Bradford knows it. It's why he took the $ while he could rather then walking for the long term $. Believe me, had he not negotiated this and he was franchised and didn't sign, he would of lost the franchise tender and would of been a FA (alas Trotter/Josh Norman).

Good Luck Sam on your journey to what you are...a journeyman.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the excuses though about it not being about them getting a QB but rather not using that pick on a player to help Bradford...LMAO. So a CB was gonna make Bradford happy?

GTFOH with the BS excuses for this guy.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the excuses though about it not being about them getting a QB but rather not using that pick on a player to help Bradford...LMAO. So a CB was gonna make Bradford happy?

GTFOH with the BS excuses for this guy.

I guarantee you if they picked a cornerback at 8 he would not be asking for a trade. A stud CB helps the team win now.