• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has any leverage. The latest rumor is that he's threatening to retire.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires and gives his salary back, fine.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starter money would be around $16-$18 mm p/y. Currently he's only getting 60% of that. It was a prove it contract.

I think you need to break your math books back out. $11 mil +$5 mil = $16 mil. Where did you get your 60% from?

We've been thru this before. So what.

So you complain about his 2 year deal talking about how it is not fair to him but ignore the fact that he was offered a long term deal that he turned down. So I call bullshit on your argument because you ignore pertinent facts that are relevent.

Wentz will get the job next year regardless of how well bradford might play won't he.
Not if Bradford comes in and do what he is supposed to do. The plan is to have him learn first and then come in. That is the smart play and it is what I believe Pederson wants to do but it all hinges Bradford doing what he is supposed to. Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years before he got to start.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you need to break your math books back out. $11 mil +$5 mil = $16 mil. Where did you get your 60% from?

I had his salary wrong. Bradford is getting $18 mil this year not $16 but in any case CTC your numbers were not even close to being accurate.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what the requirements are about salary.

For the Eagles it would count against the cap just as if they were to release him. The Eagles would own his rights even if he retired for the length of the 2 year contract.

Some contracts say that the player must pay back a certain percentage of the signing bonus to retire. Hopefully Howie included something to protect himself from such a situation.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more curious why people want a guy they really don't like to be 'the guy' running 'their' team. What's your reason?

I don't. ....when he signed I was ok with it because there were not that many options available and that I could justify giving him another year without Chip and his razor thin playbook.

a 2 year deal seemed decent to me, because he could potentially play his way into a better deal while giving us us some time to find a future qb. Now that we found one, he can either play out his deal or kick rocks.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he is behaving right now, I'm thinking that retirement is a very real possibility. This guy doesn't have any motivation anymore - he's made so much money doing next to nothing I don't think he wants to push himself more than he wants to.

There's still time he could change his mind, but he's smart enough to know he has no leverage right now. He's already alienating teammates and coaches trying to implement a new system and the longer he stays away, the more likely the team will tell him to stay away.

I am curious what the cap implications would be if he decided to retire.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy drastically overplayed his hand, and wound up showing the league he is a pussy while learning nobody really wants him. It's sad when you agent has nothing to say but to promote your pro day workout from like six years earlier! Like who the fuck cares about that at this point Bradford?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be new to football if you think there's a competition next year. That kids playing next year regardless of bradford performance. No one gives up that many picks and players to have the kid sit on the bench. No one!

What's football? You seem so well educated on the sport.

Can anyone check to see if ctc's IP address is the same as DPD?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Bradford said anymore than he wants to be traded and won't report to any voluntary team practices?

Sounds like he'll be there for mandatory activities per league contract. He's already cashed that 11M check, he tested the free agent market to no avail, why would he retire?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I completely messed up his salary.
So you complain about his 2 year deal talking about how it is not fair to him but ignore the fact that he was offered a long term deal that he turned down. So I call bullshit on your argument because you ignore pertinent facts that are relevent.
I've said nothing about his current contract being fair or unfair. This is you inventing things.
Do you really think that if he'd signed a long term contract either a month ago, six months ago, or a year ago that would have made an ounce of difference in whether the decision to draft a franchise qb was made? If so, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
Not if Bradford comes in and do what he is supposed to do. The plan is to have him learn first and then come in. That is the smart play and it is what I believe Pederson wants to do but it all hinges Bradford doing what he is supposed to. Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years before he got to start.
They can do the same thing with daniels. That's why daniels was signed, to mentor the kid. Why do you think they paid daniels such ridiculous money for a backup. Bradford's role is to pretend the eagles will be competitive this year. Something that's unlikely with daniels.
AS I said above if you think he had a snowballs chance in hell of playing for the eagles next year I've got a bridge for sale.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. ....when he signed I was ok with it because there were not that many options available and that I could justify giving him another year without Chip and his razor thin playbook.

a 2 year deal seemed decent to me, because he could potentially play his way into a better deal while giving us us some time to find a future qb. Now that we found one, he can either play out his deal or kick rocks.

You don't want him to be the starting qb on the team but you want him to play out his deal. :crazy:

Should we ask if you're bipolar or are you merely confused?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit about Bradford - check out my boy on the cover of SI:

Chimc_CWgAEhrij.jpg

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's football? You seem so well educated on the sport.

Can anyone check to see if ctc's IP address is the same as DPD?

I wouldn't be surprised if he the one and same. He doesn't seem like an Eagles fan.