• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently some people never competed in any athletics. Go out there and play the sport you love. Compete against other teams. Try to be the best TEAM -- this is a team sport, no? Sam Bradford just doesn't give a shit about his teammates, and he's proven nothing in this league to have to be handed "the guy" title. At this point you compete to keep your bum ass under contract for another year. You don't like the situation, give the money back and find a new team to steal money from. SB supporters are a special kind.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right as I write that Ian Rapoport says Bradford isn't even taking phone calls or messaging people back from the Eagles staff and most of the players. This guy is pitiful. A spoiled brat.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's old news. He'll cool down and show up. These millionaires have to pout in their own little way. Unless he's retiring he has no option other than to show up.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's old news. He'll cool down and show up. These millionaires have to pout in their own little way. Unless he's retiring he has no option other than to show up.

Old news was him ignoring the staff, not most the players…or at least to my knowledge.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been talking about it on local radio. From Fletcher Cox twitter he's racing cars and not talking a lot either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above. The Jets and Denver only have $7mm in cap room respectively.

Trying to see what your point is. A long term deal can make it so the cap hit is small. If they really wanted him they could have made it work. Give him a signing bonus and league minimum first year and give him bigger salary over the next couple years. Teams find a way to make stuff like that work all the time.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly hypothetical. There were real choices. Denver, Jets, Eagles all needing a qb. He probably knew wherever he went it would be on a prove it basis. We offered him the most money on a prove it basis. It didn't turn out to be a prove it basis.
As i said, make the argument that staying here for a one year gig was the best option for his career.

Let me see if I am understanding this. We gave Bradford franchise QB money to "Earn" or "Prove" that he is going to be the starting QB? You don't get that kind of contract unless you are going to be the starter. What assurances did he give the Eagles he would stick around? He was offered long term deals and turned them down. He is only 28 years old and no one said that he had to just lay down and give Wentz the job. There is a rookie salary cap so it is not like Wentz will play because he is getting $50 mil.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm left wondering how many fools really believe bradford (or any other qb save career backups) would have come back knowing that the eagles were going to draft a franchise qb in the first round and that he was just a placeholder.
I think—of all the people I spoke to over draft weekend—when I brought up the Sam Bradford-is-ticked-off angle, here is how many NFL folks (coaches and GMs mostly) had empathy for Bradford: zero.

2016 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones inside draft war room | The MMQB with Peter King

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently some people never competed in any athletics. Go out there and play the sport you love. Compete against other teams. Try to be the best TEAM -- this is a team sport, no? Sam Bradford just doesn't give a shit about his teammates, and he's proven nothing in this league to have to be handed "the guy" title. At this point you compete to keep your bum ass under contract for another year. You don't like the situation, give the money back and find a new team to steal money from. SB supporters are a special kind.

I'll ask it again. What position is he competing for?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending Sam Bradford's fragile sensibilities.

...I have truly seen it all.

I'm more curious why people want a guy they really don't like to be 'the guy' running 'their' team. What's your reason?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I am understanding this. We gave Bradford franchise QB money to "Earn" or "Prove" that he is going to be the starting QB? You don't get that kind of contract unless you are going to be the starter. What assurances did he give the Eagles he would stick around?
Starter money would be around $16-$18 mm p/y. Currently he's only getting 60% of that. It was a prove it contract.
That's what a contract usually entails doesn't it.
He was offered long term deals and turned them down.
We've been thru this before. So what.
He is only 28 years old and no one said that he had to just lay down and give Wentz the job.
Wentz will get the job next year regardless of how well bradford might play won't he.
There is a rookie salary cap so it is not like Wentz will play because he is getting $50 mil.
He'll get to play because they've invested too much for him not to play.

They should just cut him loose and be done with it.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting QB on his 2 year contract.

You must be new to football if you think there's a competition next year. That kids playing next year regardless of bradford performance. No one gives up that many picks and players to have the kid sit on the bench. No one!

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. Week 8-10 if at all this year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starter money would be around $16-$18 mm p/y. Currently he's only getting 60% of that. It was a prove it contract.
That's what a contract usually entails doesn't it.
We've been thru this before. So what.

Wentz will get the job next year regardless of how well bradford might play won't he.

He'll get to play because they've invested too much for him not to play.

They should just cut him loose and be done with it.

Yeah, that would be a good idea. So Dallas can sign him to get even, huh?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you sign a prove it contract it's not any kind of guarantee aside from one year; the 2nd year of the contract would pay Bradford like he's the greatest QB of all time if the Eagles kept him. It's a business ... when a player takes a short term deal (especially one with a ridiculous escalating salary year two) he leaves himself open to the team looking at other options. Why shouldn't they when they player didn't want to commit long term and he could hold them hostage year two by simply refusing to renegotiate? If Bradford simply takes care of business and has a good year he will get paid ... weather it's on the Eagles or not. He will be the guy "this" year, so it's up to him to show well and ensure his money which in the end is what he wants.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the event that Bradford is resolute not to come in, which AFC teams would be interested in giving up a mid round pick in the 2017 draft for SB?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea that the wayward son returning to the fold scenario at this point is comical. He won't even communicate with the team after cashing his $11,000,000.00 check. FO made a mistake, a big mistake, they'll cut him loose if they're smart. Eagles have NO leverage here.