• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm left wondering how many fools really believe bradford (or any other qb save career backups) would have come back knowing that the eagles were going to draft a franchise qb in the first round and that he was just a placeholder.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm left wondering how many fools really believe bradford (or any other qb save career backups) would have come back knowing that the eagles were going to draft a franchise qb in the first round and that he was just a placeholder.

This offseason? Damn near everyone looking for a job would have taken the money that Bradford got paid.

Osweiller got 4 years and $72 mil which was way too much money IMO. The Texans were so desperate for a QB they overpaid.

RGIII got 2 years $15 mil.

Fitzpatrick still does not have a deal but I am pretty sure he would have taken the money Bradford got without blinking.

People are forgetting that Bradford was offered long term contracts by the Eagles and he turned them down. That is all on him. He got greedy. On top of that Pederson has gone record stating he informed both QBs that they would go get a QB. What has Bradford done to show that he can be the QB of the future? He still has not stayed healthy for a full season and I am one that thinks he is a good QB. I wanted him to sign a long term deal but he did not do it. He nor his agent has not refuted the claim that long term deals were offered to him.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre? Joe Montana?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only fools here are the Sam Bradford supporters. The guy has literally proved nothing in the NFL, been injured a ton, made over 100 million dollars, gets a nice shiny 2 year rental deal, and we're supposed to coddle the guy? Be a competitor. I know what it's like to compete at a high level as an athlete, if I feel someone is better than me I want to prove them wrong, why - because I am a competitor. Not a whiny little bitch who hasn't proved anything and wants everything on a silver platter like he's had his entire life. He's spoiled and he's acting like a little brat. Put on your big boy pants and go out there and compete.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre? Joe Montana?

Not quite. Teh team never gave up a boat load of picks, virtually guaranteeing that they would be on the field shortly, in either of those cases.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fools here are the Sam Bradford supporters. The guy has literally proved nothing in the NFL, been injured a ton, made over 100 million dollars, gets a nice shiny 2 year rental deal, and we're supposed to coddle the guy? Be a competitor. I know what it's like to compete at a high level as an athlete, if I feel someone is better than me I want to prove them wrong, why - because I am a competitor. Not a whiny little bitch who hasn't proved anything and wants everything on a silver platter like he's had his entire life. He's spoiled and he's acting like a little brat. Put on your big boy pants and go out there and compete.
Sorry but playing at the states isn't 'high-level. He may not indeed have proved anything. And i'm indifferent to bradford.
That still doesn't change the likelihood that he would not have resigned knowing that he was a one year placeholder.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but playing at the states isn't 'high-level. He may not indeed have proved anything. And i'm indifferent to bradford.
That still doesn't change the likelihood that he would not have resigned knowing that he was a one year placeholder.

Yeah he gets paid 22-36 million dollars to compete and he will not. He has shown no more than a Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is still a FA. Bradford had 1 suitor in the NFL, a team which easily had the worst starting QB after a Super Bowl win in NFL history. They preferred an unknown rookie over Sam. Bradford has not earned any right to act in this manner, or make any demands. He doesn't need to be coddled. You get your contract signed, you get your paycheck, and you go out there and compete. Anyone who sees it differently might have the same insecurities ol Sammy boy has ;)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the only contract he would accept. Bradford hit the free agent marked and did not drum up the interest he thought he would get. He overestimated his value. The Broncos needed a QB well before now. Sanchez and Bradford hit the market at the same time yet the Broncos did not even contact him if I am not mistaken. The Jets need one as well because they are at a standstill with Fitzpatrick. The Texans were in desperate need of a QB as well. There were teams out there that could have used him.......they did not want him.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team reportedly interested in Bradford was the freakin Browns and their old front office….oh and Chip Kelly's dumbass. Broncos were so incredibly desperate and they still rather offer more to get Paxton Lynch instead.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will be back here soon and will start the first 8 games at least. Like him or not he has nowhere else to go.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he gets paid 22-36 million dollars to compete and he will not. He has shown no more than a Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is still a FA. Bradford had 1 suitor in the NFL, a team which easily had the worst starting QB after a Super Bowl win in NFL history. They preferred an unknown rookie over Sam. Bradford has not earned any right to act in this manner, or make any demands. He doesn't need to be coddled. You get your contract signed, you get your paycheck, and you go out there and compete. Anyone who sees it differently might have the same insecurities ol Sammy boy has ;)

Do make the argument that bradford stayed here knowing it would be a one year gig was the best thing for his career, rather than go to Denver, albeit at a lower salary and a chance to establish himself with that team.
Your pretensions of knowing competitive psychology are duly noted.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the only contract he would accept. Bradford hit the free agent marked and did not drum up the interest he thought he would get. He overestimated his value. The Broncos needed a QB well before now. Sanchez and Bradford hit the market at the same time yet the Broncos did not even contact him if I am not mistaken. The Jets need one as well because they are at a standstill with Fitzpatrick. The Texans were in desperate need of a QB as well. There were teams out there that could have used him.......they did not want him.
See above. The Jets and Denver only have $7mm in cap room respectively.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do make the argument that bradford stayed here knowing it would be a one year gig was the best thing for his career, rather than go to Denver, albeit at a lower salary and a chance to establish himself with that team.
Your pretensions of knowing competitive psychology are duly noted.

You're talking about a hypothetical scenario that does not matter. For him to have the expectation that whatever team he's on won't be looking for a franchise QB is foolish. He has to understand he hasn't proved anything in this league. He needs more self-awareness and less self-love. This is a competitive stage, and this is also your profession. You're not going to do your job? I have to coddle you? Who are you again?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about a hypothetical scenario that does not matter. For him to have the expectation that whatever team he's on won't be looking for a franchise QB is foolish. He has to understand he hasn't proved anything in this league. He needs more self-awareness and less self-love. This is a competitive stage, and this is also your profession. You're not going to do your job? I have to coddle you? Who are you again?
Hardly hypothetical. There were real choices. Denver, Jets, Eagles all needing a qb. He probably knew wherever he went it would be on a prove it basis. We offered him the most money on a prove it basis. It didn't turn out to be a prove it basis.
As i said, make the argument that staying here for a one year gig was the best option for his career.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly hypothetical. There were real choices. Denver, Jets, Eagles all needing a qb. He probably knew wherever he went it would be on a prove it basis. We offered him the most money on a prove it basis. It didn't turn out to be a prove it basis.

He was told by Roseman and Pederson there was a chance they would have an opportunity to get QB. They're not going to mention that if the QB was a freakin 5th rounder. Don't throw your argument about the trade up -- when NFL teams take a QB in the top 2 rounds they're seeking franchise potential. So whatever team Sam goes on they're not allowed to draft a QB in the top 2 rounds because he's on a "prove it basis"? As if Bradford has earned that right!? What has he proved in the NFL!? Dude your argument is as weak as Sam Bradford's heart. I'm done wasting my time here….not going to bang my head against the wall like I did with DPD and his Tim Tebow arguments.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was told by Roseman and Pederson there was a chance they would have an opportunity to get QB. They're not going to mention that if the QB was a freakin 5th rounder. Don't throw your argument about the trade up -- when NFL teams take a QB in the top 2 rounds they're seeking franchise potential. So whatever team Sam goes on they're not allowed to draft a QB in the top 2 rounds because he's on a "prove it basis"? As if Bradford has earned that right!? What has he proved in the NFL!? Dude your argument is as weak as Sam Bradford's heart. I'm done wasting my time here….not going to bang my head against the wall like I did with DPD and his Tim Tebow arguments.

Being told they're going to draft a qb and giving up half your draft to get a franchise qb aren't the same thing are they.

If he's such a crap qb, as you insist, why are you now arguing for him to stay on the team?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i'm left wondering what it is you think he's competing for?
He's been named the starter and everyone knows he's gone next year.
So what is it that you keep demanding that he compete for?
In fact of matter, there is no competition is there.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending Sam Bradford's fragile sensibilities.

...I have truly seen it all.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3