• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bradford will hold out of mandatory training camp stuff. I suspect he shows, but if he doesn't maybe it opens up the door to Chase beating him out as the stopgap QB anyway. He may ride pine.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its too late for Sam in Philly... the fan base should run him out of town for being such a wuss.

Other players have to fight to keep their jobs all the time, you don't see them complain when their team drafts a player that could take their job from them.

One thing Wentz will learn from Bradford is that acting like a cry baby will not go over well here in Philly.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its too late for Sam in Philly... the fan base should run him out of town for being such a wuss.

Other players have to fight to keep their jobs all the time, you don't see them complain when their team drafts a player that could take their job from them.

One thing Wentz will learn from Bradford is that acting like a cry baby will not go over well here in Philly.

That you think he's fighting for a job is humourous. :crazy:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner Weighs in:

"They're paying me $18 million to be here. When I signed that contract, I believed it was to be the starting quarterback, but now, I'm going to have to earn the right to be the starting quarterback," Warner said, when asked how he would react in Sam Bradford's situation.

"When I signed on the dotted line, the contract that I signed, it never said to be a good teammate (only) if I'm the starting quarterback.

"I signed on to be a member of that organization, and I had to play my role, and I had to do it the best I possibly could, because that's what I signed on to do. So, if I was in Sam Bradford's situation - this is not criticizing Sam, because everybody is different, and every situation is different, and I understand where Sam's coming from - but for me, it was simply: I don't know what my role is, when I sign on the dotted line. My role is to be the best teammate and best member of this organization that I can be, and that's what I tried to do, in every situation I was in.

"I hoped, in every situation, that I would get a fair opportunity to compete to start. And if I got a fair opportunity to compete to start, I felt like I could win it every time. But if I lost that fair competition, I would tip my hat to the other guy and be the best teammate I could be, because I lost fair and square, and the other guy deserved it."

NFL Network stars take dim view of Sam Bradford's trade demand

Further, if I recall correctly, after the SB win by Warner he was due a new contract that everyone knew would bring a bunch of money. The contract was not worked out by the start of camp the following year. he was advised by everyone not to play until the contract was done. Warner went out and played anyways despite having no contract. if he got injured, he would have gotten nothing. He got a lot of respect for that and ended up getting a good payday. Kurt was willing to trust his team to take care of him and truly wanted to play the game, even if he didn't get everything everyone else would have demanded. Then again, coming in undrafted, and being a bagboy can give you a more humbling and appreciative perspective. It could also just be his character. But the comparison between Bradford and warner is polar opposites. I think Bradford might have just seen the end of his career.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he gets traded. Denver is still in play. Sanchez is still their starter so nothing has changed.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's so thin skinned that he can't be asked to compete for the starting job, imagine how he'll fold when the fan base starts on him. His only hope is to do some serious damage control at this point. But it may already be too late for that.

I agree 100%. I don't usually give up on ppl that quickly, and I'm done with Bradford. He deserves to be boo'd and run out of PHI. He hasn't even done anything yet to be expecting such support and security. I'd rather see Chase and Wentz this year. Bradford can ride the pine. I wouldn't even trade him without significant return of money.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he gets traded. Denver is still in play. Sanchez is still their starter so nothing has changed.

Umm.. Den picked Lynch in the 1st round. That changes EVERYTHING. Bradford is not happy here because we just drafted a QB. You think he wants to go somewhere else where they just did the exact same thing?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm.. Den picked Lynch in the 1st round. That changes EVERYTHING. Bradford is not happy here because we just drafted a QB. You think he wants to go somewhere else where they just did the exact same thing?

It's completly different situation. Denver can win a championship this year. The Eagles can't. Bradford's not gonna have a problem with competing with him next year for the job.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's completly different situation. Denver can win a championship this year. The Eagles can't. Bradford's not gonna have a problem with competing with him next year for the job.
+ Lynch while having a lot of raw skill is expected to take at least 2-3 years to be ready

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see him flash in preseason and make the brass speed up the timeline. Maybe get him in a little toward the end of the season, with the goal of having him ready for 2017.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we see Wentz this year. But man is Bradford going to get booed if he takes the field for us.
Bradford could fire his agent or have a presser, apologize for what happened and say he's going to do his best and all will be forgotten. This is football not a marriage.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford could fire his agent or have a presser, apologize for what happened and say he's going to do his best and all will be forgotten. This is football not a marriage.

I agree... and that would be a great step at trying to restore respect.. which in PHI is one of the HARDEST places to do that.

But instead, he isn't doing that, and it's verified that he is skipping camp.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't sound like it's in Bradford's character to turn this around. I don't think the agent is doing anything that braddford doesn't want him to do. He is just trying to be the bad-guy for Bradford, and take the heat like a good agent would. But PHI isn't buying it and most see that this is coming from Bradford, not just a rogue agent.

Bradford is toast here. He will show up before he loses money tho. And winning will reduce a lot of pressure. But I can't see him every being accepted back in PHI short of winning a SB this year, which we are not built to do yet.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you think he's fighting for a job is humourous. :crazy:

Reading is fundamental there CTC. I never said Sam was fighting for a job. Sam is clearly the starter for this year unless he sits out or is moved. All I said is that other players have to fight for their jobs all the time. The Eagles bring a guy who might be the number 1 QB in 2017 -2018 and Sam is over in the corner crying.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^ This

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all about as likely as Tony Romo winning three straight Super Bowls and never missing another game.

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. He's bound to play at this point. And if he (and his agent) aren't in full damage control and rep repair mode soon, he's as stupid as he is arrogant.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys sure take a different approach to how you treat Bradford than how you treated DJax...hmmm...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys sure take a different approach to how you treat Bradford than how you treated DJax...hmmm...
I guess you're trying to inject race into this or something but the two situations couldn't be much more different. Djax is an asshole. Bradford and/or his agent made a terrible decision to try and force a trade after signing a contract. Completely different.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading is fundamental there CTC. I never said Sam was fighting for a job. Sam is clearly the starter for this year unless he sits out or is moved. All I said is that other players have to fight for their jobs all the time. The Eagles bring a guy who might be the number 1 QB in 2017 -2018 and Sam is over in the corner crying.

Reading is fundamental?

If he's not fighting for a job then your comment is irrelevant.

Last edited:

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... and that would be a great step at trying to restore respect.. which in PHI is one of the HARDEST places to do that.

But instead, he isn't doing that, and it's verified that he is skipping camp.

I hate to say it, but it doesn't sound like it's in Bradford's character to turn this around. I don't think the agent is doing anything that braddford doesn't want him to do. He is just trying to be the bad-guy for Bradford, and take the heat like a good agent would. But PHI isn't buying it and most see that this is coming from Bradford, not just a rogue agent.

Bradford is toast here. He will show up before he loses money tho. And winning will reduce a lot of pressure. But I can't see him every being accepted back in PHI short of winning a SB this year, which we are not built to do yet.

Agreed. He's bound to play at this point. And if he (and his agent) aren't in full damage control and rep repair mode soon, he's as stupid as he is arrogant.

Somehow you three think bradford has a future in philly that he has to worry about.

this is delusional thinking.