• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously, didn't we just give up most of our draft and parts of next years just to have a chance at a rookie from a small school with less than 30 starts? Yet Bradford is only worth a 4th or 5th to some people? Get the fuck out of here. I also think Bradford is poised for a really good year. All he needs to do is be slightly better than mediocre to be worth more. The QB situation in the NFL is just about critical now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no demand for Sam Bradford. Why do you think his agent took our two-year deal in the first place?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have to pay 11mil for Bradford this year... I'd at least enjoy giving him the year off and benching him after all this. Maybe we need Chip back to deal with this?? :p His value will not do anything but go down after sitting on a bench all season. I hope he sits out as many practices as we can fine him for as well. I was neutral on Bradford and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I certainly was not for getting a QB this year. But screw it and screw Bradford. Pass me the Koolaid. Let the new era begin.. and let it start this year instead of the following.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't give up a 3rd + Bradford for Roby? Imagine him and Rowe together! I'd like the sound of that: the "R&R Boys"; or R&R Duo? Wow! Our DBs would be set, period, I think. Anyway, I think it's a far-fetched rumor. I forget where I saw that, maybe Matt Lombardo? Who knows where this will wind up?

After checking, Jimmy Kempski reported this, and Geoff Mosher said he heard a similar thing, that Roby and a 4th could be in play. Where there's smoke..................?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option A. Keep a disgruntled QB who everyone knows is a pussy and a guy you can not win with and try to somehow keep the locker room from imploding.

Option B. Trade him for a good young corner and a pick which means taking an $11 million cap hit, which would cripple any other options for improvement, and going into the season with something called Chase Daniel as your opening day starter.

Ouch.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many free agent QB's still out there to backup Daniel, that would be cheap to sign.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nm, the lying douchebag isn't worth it.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option A. Keep a disgruntled QB who everyone knows is a pussy and a guy you can not win with and try to somehow keep the locker room from imploding.

Option B. Trade him for a good young corner and a pick which means taking an $11 million cap hit, which would cripple any other options for improvement, and going into the season with something called Chase Daniel as your opening day starter.

Ouch.

You are exactly right! Bradford is a cancer, he hurts the team more the he helps! He did the same thing to the RAMS! It all boils down to $$! Just before we traded him to your Eagles, he refused to take a pay cut! That is why we traded him to your team! Thank God!! He is NOT a team player and never will be! Add to fact that he cannot even play a whole season due to some type of injury! Your best thing to do right now would to dump him as quick as possible!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Bradford coming out of college, was pissed we couldn't get him. And I have to admit to being slightly worried that a coach who could make Nick Foles look like Dan Marino could turn Bradford into a viable option. But after last year it should be crystal clear who he is.

I have no problem with him refusing a pay cut, what pro athlete would ever do that? And the union would never allow it. And the deal he signed with Philly was in line with starting QB salaries. And again I understand why he is pissed at the Eagles. Still you can't blame the team for trying to upgrade from a Sam Bradford.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest report is that the Broncos are interested in Bradford but have given up their pursuit after coming to the conclusion that the Eagles don't want to trade him. He may be stuck in Philly. Or, it may be blustering by one or both sides before a deal gets done.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a three way game of cat and mouse, the Eagles hold the cards. They dont need to get rid of Bradford, and it would behoove them to hold on to him and make him play out the year. Denver needs at least an average QB to get into the playoffs so the only one really available is Bradford, so if they want him they will need to find some middle ground on the trade or move on. If Bradford does hold on to his delusion that holding out wouldn't be career suicide the Eagles will fine him and re-coop a lot of the money back -- and Bradford will have effectively ended his career not playing for the remaining two years.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a three way game of cat and mouse, the Eagles hold the cards. They dont need to get rid of Bradford, and it would behoove them to hold on to him and make him play out the year. Denver needs at least an average QB to get into the playoffs so the only one really available is Bradford, so if they want him they will need to find some middle ground on the trade or move on. If Bradford does hold on to his delusion that holding out wouldn't be career suicide the Eagles will fine him and re-coop a lot of the money back -- and Bradford will have effectively ended his career not playing for the remaining two years.

Weeks ago you shell out 11 million dollars signing bonus to a player who now says he doesn't want to play for you and you hold the cards?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all a game of deception ... trying to show littlle interest in order to not pay much in trade. Believe nothing today :)

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeks ago you shell out 11 million dollars signing bonus to a player who now says he doesn't want to play for you and you hold the cards?

Yep. If he doesn't show up that money comes back...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has no choice but to play if the Eagles keep him. If not he'll be fined daily if he doesn't show up.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its quite simple. For 2 years the Eagles hold all the cards. He can hold out for 2 years and the Eagles can fine him for 2 years, and then good luck finding another NFL job after he pulls that.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all a game of deception ... trying to show littlle interest in order to not pay much in trade. Believe nothing today :)
Exactly, and I typically believe little to nothing after the combine.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they work out a trade for him. He said he won't show up for voluntary workouts, if nothing changes he'll show up in June, until then, it's all voluntary. He's not going to lose a dime, his agent and Bradford aren't dumb. Wonder how his teammates would like that, highest paid player on the team with an 11 million dollar signing bonus doesn't show up while they're getting ready for the season.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they work out a trade for him. He said he won't show up for voluntary workouts, if nothing changes he'll show up in June, until then, it's all voluntary. He's not going to lose a dime, his agent and Bradford aren't dumb. Wonder how his teammates would like that, highest paid player on the team with an 11 million dollar signing bonus doesn't show up while they're getting ready for the season.
He has to show up for training camp, which is not voluntary, and into the preseason and so on. Honestly the whole teammates have to be buddy buddy thing is overplayed, its like work, you have some people you talk to, maybe some you hang with, and those you tolerate, etc. The bottom line is if he wants to sniff more NFL pay checks and chances to be the man he needs to show up and preform well during the season. He can piss and moan all he wants but unless he wants to quit he cant do much.

And I honestly think they will work out a trade but they're not going to do it for peanuts, they are going to sit back and hope the Broncos blink. But they dont have to trade him for a bag of used socks or for a 3rd round pick if they dont want to, they hold his rights for two years and through the CBA they have mechanisms to get that money back if he doesn't play. The Broncos could wait till after the draft and make a deal for picks next year or an even better scenario (after the draft scenario) is a couple QBs go down in TC and all of a sudden desperation sets in.

Last edited:

Susky

Better late than never
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the first mandatory mini camp is in June, way before the usual training camp period. That's when the fines begin if he doesn't show.

Of course, even if he is here, there is the potential for locker room disruption. I'm not sure how the fellow players would handle a malcontent who makes considerably more than they do and who resents the opportunity to compete.