• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And... cue your Week 1 overreactions!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, that INT by Mitch was pretty bad. Trying to think of another throw that was as shitty. :think: Oh ya, the TD pass by Rodgers.

Eh, as shitty? No.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh bro, it was completely a shitty decision and throw, that they were lucky af to complete. Totally chucked up for grabs into traffic.

His receiver had a chance... Ours did not...

/discussion

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His receiver had a chance... Ours did not...

/discussion

Our receiver fell down, possibly even interfered with.

It was a shitty throw that he got lucky af on.

Trubs' throw was hot garbage, particularly given the time, but to pretend Rodgers throw was anything but lucky is weird imo. It was a floater to Graham's chin, thrown damn near blind while falling down.

I'm not genuinely comparing the two, as one cost em' the game, while the other won it, it was more to make a point, that neither QB played worth a fuck. One played horribly, and the sky is falling, while the other played horribly, and Cris Collinsworth jizzed down his leg over him still.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receiver fell down, possibly even interfered with.

It was a shitty throw that he got lucky af on.

Trubs' throw was hot garbage, particularly given the time, but to pretend Rodgers throw was anything but lucky is weird imo. It was a floater to Graham's chin, thrown damn near blind while falling down.

I'm not genuinely comparing the two, as one cost em' the game, while the other won it, it was more to make a point, that neither QB played worth a fuck. One played horribly, and the sky is falling, while the other played horribly, and Cris Collinsworth jizzed down his leg over him still.

And I'm just saying that both throws can be trash, but there most certainly are degrees of HOW trashy each throw was... Trubisky's was worse, especially considering he had open receiver right in front of his face...

I have stated CLEARLY that I though Rodgers sucked as well though, so don't get the need to argue it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm just saying that both throws can be trash, but there most certainly are degrees of HOW trashy each throw was... Trubisky's was worse, especially considering he had open receiver right in front of his face...

I have stated CLEARLY that I though Rodgers sucked as well though, so don't get the need to argue it.

You don't get the need to argue but felt compelled to argue it? Lol. I'll let it go, I'm not looking to be an ass, but I gotta ask, after re-watching the play, who was the open receiver you're referring to? After watching it again, I think he should've chucked it into the stands, personally.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the Faith

Browns, Chiefs among candidates to be next America's Team

3) Chicago Bears

Memories of Da Bears winning it all and taking America by storm in 1985 -- with their hip Super Bowl Shuffle music video; their sunglass-sporting, headband-wearing quarterback, Jim McMahon; and their cigar-smoking, sweater-vest-clad head coach, Mike Ditka -- were supplanted by decades of mediocrity. After 1985, Chicago finished at or below .500 in 19 of the next 32 seasons, pushing this franchise from the national stage. Until, that is, last season, when new head coach Matt Nagy helped propel the Bears to the top of the NFC North. Now, they have the potential to become the darlings not just of the Windy City but the football watching public at large, led by rising young QB Mitch Trubisky and a dominant, Khalil Mack-headed defense.

With the NFL beginning its 100th season, it would be appropriate for one of the original founding franchises to capture the Lombardi Trophy and sweep the country off its feet. And the Bears will get a heckuva national showcase when they kick off the year against the Packers on "Thursday Night Football." Interestingly, this extremely long-running rivalry is about as evenly matched as you can get: Going into the Week 1 tilt, Green Bay has won 97 games, Chicago's won 95, and there have been six ties.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the Faith

Browns, Chiefs among candidates to be next America's Team

3) Chicago Bears

Memories of Da Bears winning it all and taking America by storm in 1985 -- with their hip Super Bowl Shuffle music video; their sunglass-sporting, headband-wearing quarterback, Jim McMahon; and their cigar-smoking, sweater-vest-clad head coach, Mike Ditka -- were supplanted by decades of mediocrity. After 1985, Chicago finished at or below .500 in 19 of the next 32 seasons, pushing this franchise from the national stage. Until, that is, last season, when new head coach Matt Nagy helped propel the Bears to the top of the NFC North. Now, they have the potential to become the darlings not just of the Windy City but the football watching public at large, led by rising young QB Mitch Trubisky and a dominant, Khalil Mack-headed defense.

With the NFL beginning its 100th season, it would be appropriate for one of the original founding franchises to capture the Lombardi Trophy and sweep the country off its feet. And the Bears will get a heckuva national showcase when they kick off the year against the Packers on "Thursday Night Football." Interestingly, this extremely long-running rivalry is about as evenly matched as you can get: Going into the Week 1 tilt, Green Bay has won 97 games, Chicago's won 95, and there have been six ties.

Trying to jinx us eh...………….?...……..:poke:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get the need to argue but felt compelled to argue it? Lol. I'll let it go, I'm not looking to be an ass, but I gotta ask, after re-watching the play, who was the open receiver you're referring to? After watching it again, I think he should've chucked it into the stands, personally.

Holy fuck pot/kettle... You've spent this entire thread basically arguing that you aren't arguing that we looked like shit. Just stop.

I was refuting your bullshit that Rodgers TD throw was AS BAD as Trubisky's pick... It wasn't..... PERIOD.

But I am acknowledging that Rodgers throw was not good either...

Is this somehow complicated for you?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck pot/kettle... You've spent this entire thread basically arguing that you aren't arguing that we looked like shit. Just stop.

I was refuting your bullshit that Rodgers TD throw was AS BAD as Trubisky's pick... It wasn't..... PERIOD.

But I am acknowledging that Rodgers throw was not good either...

Is this somehow complicated for you?

haha...wut? I have one comment in this thread prior to saying AR's TD pass was garbage and lucky af.

And that comment was stating that Nagy did a poor job of coaching. 45 passes and 12 runs in a 4 point game, IS. POOR. COACHING!

I'll ask again, who was this receiver that was wide open?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha...wut? I have one comment in this thread prior to saying AR's TD pass was garbage and lucky af.

And that comment was stating that Nagy did a poor job of coaching. 45 passes and 12 runs in a 4 point game, IS. POOR. COACHING!

"I can think of another throw AS shitty."

Who said that pray tell?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cohen was open at the 10, as well as another WR out wider left of Cohen, but couldn't make out who it was...

And dude, you REALLY should just stop now. After watching both videos, our receiver was not knocked down ans at best fell down attempting to get to a horrifically thrown ball... Meanwhile ,Rodgers throw was not even close to as bad... Graham was in front of his defender (Not bracketed in double coverage like Trubs WR)...

It isn't close...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen was open at the 10, as well as another WR out wider left of Cohen, but couldn't make out who it was...

And dude, you REALLY should just stop now. After watching both videos, our receiver was not knocked down ans at best fell down attempting to get to a horrifically thrown ball... Meanwhile ,Rodgers throw was not even close to as bad... Graham was in front of his defender (Not bracketed in double coverage like Trubs WR)...

It isn't close...

There are two GB receivers in the same spot, as if a mis-ran route was run by one of them. Even Michaels calls it as it's playing..."into TRAFFIC!?"

Man, everyone on here seems to hang on every word to nitpick at, for argument's sake alone, it seems.

I mean, Jesus H. man, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, (Complete a with smiley emoticon and all) and you got all weird about it.

If Rodgers' ball was bobbled er batted and picked, people would've said exactly what I'm saying, a forced throw into traffic. Dangerous, but paid off.

Oh noes, one was terrible and the other was terribly lucky. BFD.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh bro, it was completely a shitty decision and throw, that they were lucky af to complete. Totally chucked up for grabs into traffic.

Yeah, I was talking yesterday to a buddy about how the difference in that game was literally that GB's jump ball was caught for a TD and ours was caught for an INT.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't close...

To be fair, A-Rob was not in double coverage. Amos was playing centerfield and read Trubisky's eyes. Came over the top. He wasn't on A-Rob.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two GB receivers in the same spot, as if a mis-ran route was run by one of them. Even Michaels calls it as it's playing..."into TRAFFIC!?"

Man, everyone on here seems to hang on every word to nitpick at, for argument's sake alone, it seems.

I mean, Jesus H. man, it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, (Complete a with smiley emoticon and all) and you got all weird about it.

If Rodgers' ball was bobbled er batted and picked, people would've said exactly what I'm saying, a forced throw into traffic. Dangerous, but paid off.

Oh noes, one was terrible and the other was terribly lucky. BFD.

Yes, there were two receivers in the vicinity, but look at the routes. While he didn't have a ton of room to do so, the second WR was STILL able to take his DB far enough away from Graham to make it work... The DBs about 5-8 yards in FRONT of Graham weren't looking at Rodgers OR at Graham and thus were inconsequential to the play... Again, it wasn't a pretty ball by any stretch, but I guess when you're throwing to a guy like Graham, it doesn't HAVE to be perfect. He had position and went up and got it.

On Trubisky... @richig07 , So we're now going to say, "Oh, it wasn't TECHNICALLY double coverage.." ? A Rob was bracketed. Amos came all the way over to the corner to do so. Trubisky failed to notice. It is shitty on his part whether you want to call it "Double Coverage" or "The safety sniffed out what was going down and effectively put a second man on A Rob." (Most would still say that is throwing into double coverage, but I want to make sure we're on the same page here.)...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, we lost. Trubisky played horribly. Further belaboring this point is... well.... pointless.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aaron Rodgers has nothing to do with how bad Trubisky played....Let alone having anything to do with the Bears........

Trubisky hopefully steps it up a couple of notches from here on out.........Otherwise its time to start to look at other qb possibilities...

Time is ticking on Trubisky.......:nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy was the problem and why we lost. Trubisky needs to play better. It pisses me off ton no end to lose to a inferior GB team but at the end of the season it won't matter, If were as good as I believe we are. PS. Anyone catch that KC game?? is Mahommes really any good? I don't wanna knock the guy but any QB could do what he is doing. His targets are uncovered constantly. Never seen anything like it. Now that is a fine system.