• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 BFFP Pick'em Contest Week 17 Winner and Year End FINAL TALLY

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about how you finish, and with both the Denver Broncos and our contest here, the hype leading up to the final week of the season did not disappoint ..

For the first time in 4 years, the Mighty Broncos have a clear plan at QB, a decisive Week One starter that I think every fan agrees upon, leaving no one cringing or reaching to find the positives ..

With Drew Lock, Coach Fangio and the staff all having experienced their first NFL season together, Bradley Chubb, Kareem Jackson and Jano returning to the lineup, not to mention four young pro bowl caliber players on O ( Fant, Sutton, Lindsay, Risner ), DaeSean Hamiliton coming on like gangbusters and showing great chemistry with Lock, and a D that will only get better now that Vic knows what is needed, I cannot remember the last time I was this excited about an offseason ..

The opening act for the BFFP 2019 Winner announcement is not an enviable spot … Sort of like when The Monkees opened for Jimi Hendrix or ( insert band here ) opening for KISS in the 1970s .. Nobody came here for that, but as a formality, with a 12 win final week, the Week 17 Crown goes to yours truly ..

12 wins was enough to pull out a victory here, but that lucky 13th proved to be elusive as I came up one short ...

For the 2019 BFFP Season, we have a tie ( !! )

MileHigh64 picked the final week to have a slip, scoring 8 in Week 17, and DC, having come on strong in the final weeks, continued his prognostication mastery with an 11 win week ...

Both ended the year with 169 wins ...

The purpose of picking the MNF score is the break any ties during the week .. and the rules are that any year-end ties would be broken by counting up the weekly wins …

MH64 had 5 weekly crowns and DC had 3 weekly crowns ..

Those are the black and white terms … and sometimes the cold facts just aren't any fun ..

Both MH64 and DC deserve big-time props and both had outstanding seasons

As the often late but never wrong ( ?? ) tally king, I propose that the engravers of the 2019 Crowns make two, so that both MH64 and DC share the accomplishment of a whopping 169 wins ...

By the power invested in me by the NFL Gods, I am proud to announce that MILEHIGH64 and DRAFTCRAZY are the 2019 BFFP PICK EM CONTEST WINNERS !!!!

CONGRATS MH64 and DC !!!

Thanks to everyone for participating and I'm gonna miss posting these each week … Until 2020, when I'm sure that more of us than just Mingo will be picking the Broncos each week, GO BRONCOS

Here is the final big board tally :

2019 FINAL STANDINGS

- MileHigh64: 169
( 8 )

- DC : 169 ( 11 )

- Spirit : 168 ( 12 ) ( Missed Early Games Week 4 )

- Springsteen : 158 ( 11 )

- FightinRedAntz: 155 ( 10 )

- Crash : 154 ( 8 )

- Mingo : 152 ( 11 )( missed Week Thirteen, )

- Femurov: 142 ( 5 ) ( Missed Thurs Game Week 6, missed Week 16, 17 )

- NFL Bronco : 135 ( 8 ) ( Missed Week 1, Week 2 )

Week One Winner : DC, MH64, Spirit
Week Two Winner : FightinRedAntz
Week Three Winner : MH64
Week Four Winner : NFLBronco
Week Five Winner : MH64
Week Six Winner : Spirit
Week Seven Winner : Femurov
Week Eight Winner : Springstein
Week Nine Winner : Spirit, Mingo
Week Ten Winner : Mingo
Week Eleven Winner : MH64
Week Twelve Winner : DC
Week Thirteen Winner : DC
Week Fourteen Winner : Mingo
Week Fifteen Winner : MH64
Week Sixteen Winner : Springstein
Week Seventeen Winner : Spirit

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honor to share my name next to @MileHigh64 . He an have the top half of the trophy and I can have a small portion of the bottom. Chasing MH all year was fun, made this a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year. We can give MH the Russian Vodka for winning!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just re-discovered something called the INBOX, and I must adjust this final tally to include Femurov's Week 17 picks ..

Femurov sent me a personal message last week w/ his picks - prior to my ( late ) posting of the Week 17 thread ..

Femurov scored 11 wins, which gives his 153 total for the year ..

Right smack dab between Mingo and Crash

Again, apologies to your Femurov .. By next season, I should be onboard with everyone else in the 21st century and have a cell phone ...I've refused to this point, but between the BFFP and my better half, I must admit defeat and get one

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MileHigh also deliberately didn't dress out for gym - so he wouldn't be Valedictorian of his HS class.

Congrats to DC for being the latest recipient of MileHigh's largess.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! It was really fun playing pick 'em this year. Great job on closing in, @Draft Crazy. If I get the vodka, you can have the entire trophy!

Mostly, thanks to Lucas for all the work he puts into this little game every year. Truly makes the season more fun!