• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And... cue your Week 1 overreactions!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy was the problem and why we lost. Trubisky needs to play better. It pisses me off ton no end to lose to a inferior GB team but at the end of the season it won't matter, If were as good as I believe we are. PS. Anyone catch that KC game?? is Mahommes really any good? I don't wanna knock the guy but any QB could do what he is doing. His targets are uncovered constantly. Never seen anything like it. Now that is a fine system.

Trubisky looked lost and played terrible....

And Mahomes is killin it......Although he threw way over the hesd of an open Kelce in the endzone......
And yeah,his recievers get a lot of seperation out there....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Mahomes is killin it......Although he threw way over the hesd of an open Kelce in the endzone......

Watson is killing it today too so far

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not releasing Trubisky of blame but Nagy is why he looked so bad. No game plan and no run support. These last 2 games have been the worst coached games in Bears history.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I said,Im not quite ready to jump off the Trubisky bandwagon yet,but its not gonna take me long......

And yes Joe,there was plenty to go around for blame........Flags absolutley killed us.....1st down their territory and we wnd up 3rd and 40.....WTF!!!

Denver heys beat by Oakland last night,its gonna be a tough pill to swallow if we lose in Denver......Boo birds will be out in full force when they get back to Chicago.....

Ps......Man,Mahomes and Watson there for the taking and we end up with ______(nevermind,Im still in reserve)......lol
It was a terrible shame seeing Watsons last minute comeback go for nothiing.....

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Mahomes and Watson play this weekend, I am pretty sure the Bears front office does not know how to evaluate QB talent.

Not an overreaction.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only measure a QBs intangibles coming out of college. And Trubisky's intangibles were great. How they'll do at this level after suiting up is a crap shoot altogether.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only measure a QBs intangibles coming out of college. And Trubisky's intangibles were great. How they'll do at this level after suiting up is a crap shoot altogether.
Apparently not as difficult as the Bears make it out to be.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I BEG you to go back to last season's threads around that time. This place was in fire everybody mode. Talking about how we suck again. Page 11, 12 and 13 have those. I was apart of that crowd, but promised myself not to do that again.

Everyone sees how silly these things are in retrospect.

Just like two months from now, you'll all act like you weren't doing this.

Unfortunately, two months later, I would like to double down on any concerns I had here and reduce my hope-o-meter to basically 0. But I will give you a thumbs up for staying positive. The odds were with you that you were right and a single bad first game of the season wouldn't actually be indicative of everything wrong with a team. Granted, so are the odds of a team making/winning in the playoffs with subpar QB play...so here we are.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5113947.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, two months later, I would like to double down on any concerns I had here and reduce my hope-o-meter to basically 0. But I will give you a thumbs up for staying positive. The odds were with you that you were right and a single bad first game of the season wouldn't actually be indicative of everything wrong with a team. Granted, so are the odds of a team making/winning in the playoffs with subpar QB play...so here we are.

I know this bump wasn't an attempt to light a fire towards me. I appreciate that. This was fair.

I would gladly double down on this in a future season. Panicking like fans did after one game was stupid. There's still an element of it that's silly. The melodrama is still a tad thick. However, I do agree that there's no longer any way of denying some real issues. To me, the QB situation is in shambles. That's bigger to me than our coach going through his first period of adversity. I would have to see Nagy struggle like this for an entire season before truly condemning him.

Sucks that we wound up going through this. Just a suck year so far.

I mean, my legitimate hope is gone. But I'm all-in at this point... here's to a feeble attempt at winning our next two, getting to 5-4 and making life interesting again.

:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this bump wasn't an attempt to light a fire towards me. I appreciate that. This was fair.

I would gladly double down on this in a future season. Panicking like fans did after one game was stupid. There's still an element of it that's silly. The melodrama is still a tad thick. However, I do agree that there's no longer any way of denying some real issues. To me, the QB situation is in shambles. That's bigger to me than our coach going through his first period of adversity. I would have to see Nagy struggle like this for an entire season before truly condemning him.

I mean, my legitimate hope is gone. But I'm all-in at this point... here's to a feeble attempt at winning our next two, getting to 5-4 and making life interesting again.

How about the first half of a season?

Nagy is nowhere near the coach he appeared to be. He has been BAAADD this year. Not just, "oh hey, our QB play isn't perfect, and we've had injuries and bad bounces..." His coaching has been atrocious. It's not just about drawing up plays. It's about in-game awareness....situational football. He has been shit, from top-to-bottom. He set the Bears up to fail WEEK ONE, and hasn't let up since. Last week, was his best game coaching yet this season, and there were still SO MANY rudimentary coaching mistakes, it's indefensible.

Trubisky is not great, but Nagy has failed him. He went all-in on elite, and forgot his QB is still young and inexperienced.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wasn’t panicking. It was seeing this team for what it really is. A shitty offense with a great defense. I saw it in game 1. It took you half the season to realize it. Hopefully it gets better, I’m right there with you, but I don’t expect it to. I went from expecting a super bowl contender to complete disappointment in the coaching and qb after week 1 because it was painfully obvious both had failed miserably in their offseason prep. Nagy is a pompous moron who refuses to grow as a coach and thinks he knows everything. Trubisky doesn’t get it and probably never will. Now, I watch games on Sunday and laugh at these losers on offense while feeling bad for the defense. It won’t be long before players start demanding a trade.

Zappa_Zippo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well put.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can safely say our first week reactions were justified.