• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad Brooks

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how adding a CB that isn't even guaranteed to make the roster helps at all with a starting OLB possibly facing suspension.

Cap money if there is money that could be used due to a suspension even it is for the 2014 season.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cap money if there is money that could be used due to a suspension even it is for the 2014 season.

If the team suspends him, there is no savings.

And I don't see how Wright fits into this. It isn't like his 1.5M was going to break out salary cap.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten questions heading into 49ers training camp | CSN Bay Area

8. What is Ahmad Brooks' status?
It's a question that will remain out there as long as Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke avoid addressing it. Assault charges were not pressed against Brooks, who allegedly struck teammate Lamar Divens multiple times with a beer bottle on June 8. Neither Harbaugh nor Baalke ruled out taking discipline measures against Brooks. Would it be a suspension or merely a fine? The NFL can also step in and take action under the league's personal conduct policy. --Matt Maiocco

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The NFL can also step in and take action under the league's personal conduct policy. --Matt Maiocco [/B]

That would not surprise me. The 49ers are not exactly the NFL's favourite franchise. Not by a long shot IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what is the precedent for suspensions when you fight a teammate?

1) Steve Smith got 1 game for fighting at the Panthers facility and breaking that dudes eyesocket.
2) Did the Buccaneers suspend Price for fighting with Barron in their meeting room? Or did they give him a pass since he was over-emotional while dealing with the death of his sister? I don't think they suspended him.
3) Didn't Romanowski fight somebody at a Raiders practice? This doesn't really matter though since Goodell wasn't commissioner at that time.

Those all happened "at the work place", which makes it a bigger deal for the team and NFL I believe. So Brooks might escape a suspension or at worst get 1 game?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least he's learned from his experience and is sorry for his actions... just kidding. I don't really care, just from a common sense thing, he couldn't even give a PC response? Instead, he gives the cliché "what's happened has happened" response as if that means anything. If others didn't use this type of response, I wouldn't mind it, but what the hell is "it's in the past" supposed to mean? All incidents are in the past unless you are currently doing it (like a caught steroid abuser who is still taking) or are planning on doing it in the future.

He doesn't owe an apology, especially not to me. It's just, get it over with, man. Say that you are sorry to your team for being a distraction earlier or that you've apologized to those necessary and that you feel that everyone has moved on from this and is better after it. Or something.

49ers LB Ahmad Brooks says he's moved on from off-field issues, doesn't need to apologize to team - NFL - ESPN