• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahmad Brooks

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what heavy drinking does to you, one of the things it does to you.

even if Divens has long odds of making the team, it still hurts team chemistry. we all know chemistry goes a LONG way in playing good D.

Not sure how much this hurts Team Chemistry since Divens is unlikely to make the team & I doubt he is a leader in the locker room. Also this might help Brooks out since no one on the team will go drinking with him again.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmad Brooks - LB - 49ers

49ers OLB Ahmad Brooks allegedly assaulted teammate Lamar Divens on June 8.

Brooks allegedly struck Divens three times in the head with a beer bottle and then punched him in the face during an argument over car keys outside Brooks' home. Divens, a journeyman defensive tackle, was left bloodied and needed three stitches. The attack was allegedly witnessed by two other unknown 49ers. At the time, Divens said he wanted to press charges and a warrant for Brooks was issues. However, he has since changed his mind and now the District Attorney's Office is debating whether to press charges. The 49ers gave Brooks a six-year, $37 million contract last year despite off-field issues dating back to his time with the Bengals and at the University of Virginia.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Jul 3 - 8:15 AM

Lawrence Okoye and Mike Purcell are the two other team mates.

49ers Blog and Q&A: DA's office "close" to decision on 49ers' Ahmad Brooks

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes he was. But remember, we had 2 third round picks. We could have used our first 3rd round pick on Moore if we hadn't made a stupid a$$ deal one day earlier.

oh ok. yeah, that draft day trade is another 'wait and see'? but my guess is it'll fall within that wide range of gray? so determining if that trade was worth it........will never be settled?

btw - on days following the draft, you said clearly the trade itself was ok, but the player choice (Reid) wasn't. the above now says otherwise - should've kept the first 3rd rounder and use it on Moore. please clarify which?

it is ok to change your mind now, just making sure I follow you?

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn't assassinate the poor fellow.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but Brooks should probably be suspended for a number of games for his actions. I'm not sure if his behavior was bad enough to constitute releasing him, but either decision would be justified.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to say it, but Brooks should probably be suspended for a number of games for his actions. I'm not sure if his behavior was bad enough to constitute releasing him, but either decision would be justified.

I think what he has done since the incident, and what he does going forward will determine his punishment. I think a suspension of no less than 8 games is warrented in this situation. No matter how sincere or genuine he may or may not be dealing with this...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Inside the 49ers | How will 49ers react to Ahmad Brooks situation? | The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, CA

ok, some of you don't like Grant Cohn, but i'll agree with his overall point.

in this particular case, the legal status hasn't progressed to where Brooks should be gone now, so we'll see where this goes?

Well this is the kind of article in why people don't like Cohn.

I mean seriously putting a guy who was a drunken idiot on the same level of someone who's being accused of murdering someone execution style in cold blood is just plain stupid.

Brooks should be punished but no need to cut him off from the team and throw the book at him.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is what Brooks did any worse then what Romanski, Steve Smith, Michael Westbrook and guys who have fought on the field during practice? Because to cut him or suspend him 8 guys seems excessive to what those guys got.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is what Brooks did any worse then what Romanski, Steve Smith, Michael Westbrook and guys who have fought on the field during practice? Because to cut him or suspend him 8 guys seems excessive to what those guys got.

The Fuhrer wasn't to commish at the time. I can see Goodell suspending him. It's not like they can screw up the investigation the way they mishandled Sherman's urine sample, right?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question

So they were Drunk and Brooks got upset because he thought this guy threw his keys to his car into the grass correct? So he was going to DRIVE DRUNK!!!!!

ok as fans of football meaning ALL OF US, we can not continue to ignore these millionaires driving drunk. They have enough money to ride in a limo/taxi or pay for a driver but they continue to show bad judgement and DRIVE DRUNK. I am not pointing at just 49er players i am looking at the NFL as a whole. This is getting out of hand people and to be honest as fans and people who could be KILLED by these players driving drunk we need to let the NFL understand that we will not tolerate this type of action.

I do not know how we would do such a thing but think about it, how many more people have to be killed by drunk drivers before we as a society just stop turning a blind eye?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a moron, I thought he had turned it around. On a side note, we did draft his replacement AND we get Haralson back to fill in for whatever games he might miss this year. Still Haralson is a huge downgrade in terms of pass rush and coverage so we might be a bit weaker in those weeks. Do we bring the rookie in as a situational rusher???

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're missing one of the major factors of driving drunk, or attempting to drive drunk. The fact that they are drunk. Almost everyone knows that poor judgment comes with being drunk. Common knowledge that people do some really stupid shit when they've kicked back a few beers. I don't know where you live but I know that San Diego for instance sets up DUI checkpoints most Friday nights and they set up twice as many on Holiday Weekends like this one. Society cares, but the only way to eliminate drunk drivers is to eliminate alcohol... which didn't work out too well the last time they tried.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question

So they were Drunk and Brooks got upset because he thought this guy threw his keys to his car into the grass correct? So he was going to DRIVE DRUNK!!!!!

ok as fans of football meaning ALL OF US, we can not continue to ignore these millionaires driving drunk. They have enough money to ride in a limo/taxi or pay for a driver but they continue to show bad judgement and DRIVE DRUNK. I am not pointing at just 49er players i am looking at the NFL as a whole. This is getting out of hand people and to be honest as fans and people who could be KILLED by these players driving drunk we need to let the NFL understand that we will not tolerate this type of action.

I do not know how we would do such a thing but think about it, how many more people have to be killed by drunk drivers before we as a society just stop turning a blind eye?

the 'news' reports tend to headline the silliest of reasons, but my guess is it was about repect? if there is one thing that gets ANY of us peed off, is being disrespected.

the keys may have been the trigger, but not the main reason for the outburst.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Question

On the back of every NFLPA Union card is a phone number that they can call 24/7 and someone will come pick them up. I believe it costs them nothing for this service.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the back of every NFLPA Union card is a phone number that they can call 24/7 and someone will come pick them up. I believe it costs them nothing for this service.

Probably doesn't apply to this incident. I'm assuming it is a free ride home from the bar/club. If Brooks called that and said, "I'm at home and too drunk to drive but I want to go out to another club, come pick me up and drive me there." They'd probably say something like, "Sir, thats not what we do. We want to help you get home after you've had too much to drink, not help you leave your home after you've had too much to drink." And then he'd smash his phone with a beer bottle for not helping.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably doesn't apply to this incident. I'm assuming it is a free ride home from the bar/club. If Brooks called that and said, "I'm at home and too drunk to drive but I want to go out to another club, come pick me up and drive me there." They'd probably say something like, "Sir, thats not what we do. We want to help you get home after you've had too much to drink, not help you leave your home after you've had too much to drink." And then he'd smash his phone with a beer bottle for not helping.

Its not a free ride like a normal citizen would call on New Year's eve to get a ride home.Its not up to the service to decide if a player is to drunk... they are providing a service to the NLFPA.This is a service that DeMaurice Smith and the agents have devised to help stop the lack of judgement that these players use.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a free ride like a normal citizen would call on New Year's eve to get a ride home.Its not up to the service to decide if a player is to drunk... they are providing a service to the NLFPA.This is a service that DeMaurice Smith and the agents have devised to help stop the lack of judgement that these players use.

Hmmmm. In that case it is a cool concept. A shame that the guys don't take advantage of it.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm didn't the article say Brooks was home? So are we assuming he was going to drive? Also my house keys are on my car keys if you threw them in the bushes I would be pissed. I would not react the same way drunk or sober and not condoning his actions but some are making some big assumptions