• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The agenda is you can’t just look at stats. The pressure rate/win rate is much higher for Garrett and Parsons. Garrett with WAY less snaps and an injury. Most of Watt’s pressures came while he was unblocked.

Watt shouldn’t be at +1000 though. That doesn’t look right. Should be right around Parsons

Hendrickson has better win rates than Watt.

Snap counts 901-Watt. 812-Garrett. 3 more sacks doesn’t mean shit. Tackles and pass deflections? Well he is a pass rusher but he is a LB too so it only makes sense.

Watt gets the title for “clean sack master”

Watt doesn't just pass rush either. And he still has more sacks than Garrett.

Garrett has a higher 'win-rate' but he still has less sacks and only one more pressure (77-76) with many more pass rush attempts.

So really who has the real higher 'win-rate' when the other guy is rushing less but beats you in sacks and has one less pressure than you?

What is Garrett really doing when he beats his block in that other 14.8%? Because when Watt beats his block, he's making plays much more often.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument is like discussing which 100 dollar bill spends best.
Sure! But the argument to give it to Garrett seems to only be based on it being his turn.

Even if other guys had objectively better seasons, we need to focus on a subjective pass rush win-rate quasi-stat alone for him to justify it. Other defensive players had an objectively better season. And not just Watt, but Parsons and Crosby.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure! But the argument to give it to Garrett seems to only be based on it being his turn.

Even if other guys had objectively better seasons, we need to focus on a subjective pass rush win-rate quasi-stat alone for him to justify it. Other defensive players had an objectively better season. And not just Watt, but Parsons and Crosby.

I think it's more of how good the Browns D is. When you consider the Browns have the most turnovers in the league its remarkable what they've done. But it makes no difference to me if Myles gets it or not.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more of how good the Browns D is. When you consider the Browns have the most turnovers in the league its remarkable what they've done. But it makes no difference to me if Myles gets it or not.
This.

What is Garrett really doing when he beats his block in that other 14.8%? Because when Watt beats his block, he's making plays much more often.
On those other 14.8% he's forcing bad passes, silly.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

On those other 14.8% he's forcing bad passes, silly.
How? He only has one more pressure than TJ Watt. So how is he forcing bad passes without a pressure?

You are double dipping for him when those 'forcing bad passes' is already accounted for in the 'pressure' category.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? He only has one more pressure than TJ Watt. So how is he forcing bad passes without a pressure?
By menacing QBs. Making them shit and pee themselves even when he's not close enough for some nerd dork to count it as a pressure.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having to root for Baltimore so Pittsburgh doesn't get in

The Wire Reaction GIF

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really care for his attitude. Some red flags there to me.
I think people take Chase too seriously. I don't think he even believes half the shit he says to the media. He frequently trolls the media out of boredom. On the field the guy doesn't take plays off, doesn't throw up his arms and have a temper tantrum when not getting the ball, and blocks his ass off for running backs. Aren't these the things that we are really worried about? Anyone have a good example of Chase ever acting like a diva on the football field?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people take Chase too seriously. I don't think he even believes half the shit he says to the media. He frequently trolls the media out of boredom. On the field the guy doesn't take plays off, doesn't throw up his arms and have a temper tantrum when not getting the ball, and blocks his ass off for running backs. Aren't these the things that we are really worried about? Anyone have a good example of Chase ever acting like a diva on the football field?
Im not sure about the upfront money comment, but I'll bet he was trying to be funny about Tee Higgins.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure about the upfront money comment, but I'll bet he was trying to be funny about Tee Higgins.
I wouldn't be shocked. Half the time he makes comments, Tee is standing just outside of camera laughing at him.