• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said.

We have these inflated qb ratings because of it to a degree. I was thinking about this very thing yesterday. That Flacco is going to make some head scratching throws but he will also take the top off a defense because he pushes it down the field.

Mason Rudolph isn't much to talk about but he was willing to do the same Saturday and you saw the results
I know. It's mind boggling. Rudolph dared to ask the question of "what will happen if I just loft it up to a freakishly talented athlete that has been left in single coverage." Modern NFL offenses overthink things too much. Flacco's best years involved him going for broke and either completing long passes, drawing DPIs or when things go bad he would turn it over. But hell, when you got a run game and the QB can take the top off, it puts pressure on the D.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is the silver lining. Without beating the piss out of the Bengals twice this year, the offensive numbers would look significantly worse. I hope they run it back with these offensive coaches, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Pickett and the rest of the crew. I'll take my chances that the Bengals can solve this juggernaut.

That is the thing, it didn't matter who the QB was, well unless it was Mitch, the Steelers looked good against the Bengals. Putting Mason Rudolph on a pedestal after one good start, trust me I hope he does well if he starts again, but if any Steeler fan expects this moving forward, yeah we will be hearing the "Duck Hodges" chants soon enough.

Also I agree it is easier to solve defensive problems vs a QB. For the same cap hit, you can replace a few starters/depth on defense as you could one QB.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It's mind boggling. Rudolph dared to ask the question of "what will happen if I just loft it up to a freakishly talented athlete that has been left in single coverage." Modern NFL offenses overthink things too much. Flacco's best years involved him going for broke and either completing long passes, drawing DPIs or when things go bad he would turn it over. But hell, when you got a run game and the QB can take the top off, it puts pressure on the D.
The Steelers offense all a long should have been option 1: Pickens, option 2 Pickens, option 3 Pickens and option 4 run the ball. But nope we got the mess we had most of the year and sadly will revert to it next week.

Pickens is your most talented offensive player and it isn't even close for a #2 but they seemed to forget about him many weeks.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to ask what the Browns do about QB next season? I think it would be damn near impossible to have Flacco on the bench with Watson starting games. It would only take one mistake before the crowd turned. On the other hand, benching Watson could ruin the team's relationship with the team. I'm sure Browns fans don't give a damn right now. They're cooking and will be a major problem in the playoffs. Though I hate the Browns, I'm happy for their die-hards..... This is a good team - And easier to root for with Flacco running the ship.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too early to ask what the Browns do about QB next season? I think it would be damn near impossible to have Flacco on the bench with Watson starting games. It would only take one mistake before the crowd turned. On the other hand, benching Watson could ruin the team's relationship with the team. I'm sure Browns fans don't give a damn right now. They're cooking and will be a major problem in the playoffs. Though I hate the Browns, I'm happy for their die-hards..... This is a good team - And easier to root for with Flacco running the ship.
I don't think it will be much of an issue as I don't see Flacco on their roster next year. If he plays a team will pay him more than what the Browns can afford.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
414753172_748062000698160_2564413698831966861_n.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is the QB this year. That's it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be much of an issue as I don't see Flacco on their roster next year. If he plays a team will pay him more than what the Browns can afford.
its a nice way to go out though

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Brownie fans on here...long time in coming...it'll be interesting to see how this plays out long term through next season, and beyond...but in the moment...heck of a ride.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns are the capable team in the AFC that can beat Baltimore.

Rams/Browns Super Bowl

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns are the capable team in the AFC that can beat Baltimore.

Rams/Browns Super Bowl
I agree. I'm not sure any other teams outside of the North can beat the Ravens. They've clowned multiple playoff teams this season. Super impressive on all fronts, but division games are a different animal. That would be a really cool playoff game with Flacco coming back to Baltimore with a chance to spoil a magical year for the Ravens. I'd say the other team that could theoretically could get it done is the Bills - But that is assuming that Josh Allen goes on a heater and plays out of his mind that day. If you get the Josh Allen that is careless with the ball, Baltimore will eat him alive.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it comes down to Lamar taking that next step and being the guy he was Sunday in the playoffs. If he's that every game they will be tough to beat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you this...they won't be sitting that guy with a fully guaranteed contract unless he is hurt and can't play. Flacco could win the SB and he won't be starter next year. Weird thinking about it but why would you sit a 28 year old making $60M. If I had it my way Watson isn't on the team and they sign Flacco to a multi-year contract but that is literally impossible.