• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prxZDu.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @Superbelt @All-Star Benchwarmer @Pure Steel @thedddd

Did you hear about this year? From pro football talk. Is it legit?

Apparently George Pickens said he wasn't blocking because he didn't want to get injured. It was posted in the NBA off topic thread.
Shitty excuse.

But also, what would he be risking his health for at this point? I get it.

I really don't care anymore. They are going through the motions, this team is defeated and broken. Pickens is both a symptom and cause of the broken culture.

This season has been a waste of time, and that's on Tomlins head.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty excuse.

But also, what would he be risking his health for at this point? I get it.

I really don't care anymore. They are going through the motions, this team is defeated and broken. Pickens is both a symptom and cause of the broken culture.

This season has been a waste of time, and that's on Tomlins head.

I think this is Tomlin's last season in Pittsburgh.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone you wanna see replace Tomlin?
I could name some names. But I'm just ready for change.

Pittsburgh should be an attractive location for any coach considering the history and coach longevity.

I want an offensive guy, like Ben Johnson, Brian Johnson, or Bienemy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @Superbelt @All-Star Benchwarmer @Pure Steel @thedddd

Did you hear about this year? From pro football talk. Is it legit?

Apparently George Pickens said he wasn't blocking because he didn't want to get injured. It was posted in the NBA off topic thread.
Yea he's quite the piece of work. Nothing but deflection & poor attitude all year long. He's a petulant child that passive-aggressively takes out his frustrations on social media & quitting on the team mid-game. Does he have a point? Sure. Would be a very shitty situation if he had gotten hurt when the season is lost. Not to mention this team did a shitty job at creating opportunity for him all season. But what does that say to his teammates?

That sort of bush-league behavior doesn't just turn off like a light switch either. Adversity always strikes and you can guarantee he'll be the first to jump ship every time. If Tomlin can't get to him then nobody can. They should move him if they really want to establish a better foundation in the locker room.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he's quite the piece of work. Nothing but deflection & poor attitude all year long. He's a petulant child that passive-aggressively takes out his frustrations on social media & quitting on the team mid-game. Does he have a point? Sure. Would be a very shitty situation if he had gotten hurt when the season is lost. Not to mention this team did a shitty job at creating opportunity for him all season. But what does that say to his teammates?

That sort of bush-league behavior doesn't just turn off like a light switch either. Adversity always strikes and you can guarantee he'll be the first to jump ship every time. If Tomlin can't get to him then nobody can. They should move him if they really want to establish a better foundation in the locker room.
Did Tomlin keep those others in check, though - or did winning and a culture that was already in place upon his arrival do most of the heavy lifting?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Tomlin keep those others in check, though - or did winning and a culture that was already in place upon his arrival do most of the heavy lifting?
Winning cures all things. But the culture has also been having a profound affect on the players. One that I fear died when Dan Rooney passed. The culture has definitely shifted. AR2 & Tomlin have played a large role in that, but I also think this is just the new era of youth mindset. It'll get worse as the older vets weed out & these new entitled asshats populate the league.

A lot of what "football culture" is about hinges on the internal drive of the players. Needs to be an intense desire & passion for their craft that isn't coachable or taught by vets, as well as having a team mindset. Steelers ownership & FO used to be meticulous about the character of players they scouted. Not so much anymore.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I'll still be alive to see Steelers fans wanting a coach out as badly as Bengals fans wanting out Marvin Lewis :suds:

Tbf though, both coaches should've been relieved after 2016 season.