• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have not won a game by more than a TD. To me that boils down to coaching. And it's also why I'm so surprised that the Steelers fan base thinks they can do better at the top. The OC... sure.
Sometimes, it's the idiot he is coaching against. If Stefanski runs the ball instead of dropping the QB back when they have the lead, the Steelers don't strip sack-fumble-score and the browns win that game.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's not just him. It's all the receiver routes. The U shaped offense blows.
Oh yeah I wasn't even thinking anything on Pickens it is all on Pickett's ability and the play calling.

There is zero reason to ever have pass coverage inside this red box against this offense.
1699895827319.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Steeler fans are whiney little bitches. One of the best coaches in the NFL putting up with a shit OC and DC and they are 6-3. Boo fucking hoo. Then blaming Tomlin for doing everything he can with a shit team and shit coordinators. It isn't his job to fire coordinators. Now he can take away duties from him but who would be calling plays if Canada didn't? He just needs to be fire.

The point is Tomlin is still a top coach. The FO is shit
What? The head coach has no say in 3 straight seasons with a poor OC? Why is he still head coach then? No head coach with a Super Bowl ring should ever be in a position where someone else picks his staff. If Tomlin didn’t want Canada he’d be gone.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Steelers fans are mad. Look at what is happening in NE. BB will only hire his guys as coordinators or position coaches and the game is passing them by. There was no reason to hire Teryl Austin's tired ass to be a D-coordinator and there is absolutely no reason to run it back with Canada. We have no real idea how good Picket might be because the offense is so inept. I think Steelers fans don't feel like Tomlin is going to step outside his comfort zone and hire some young talent onto the coaching staff....And they are right in thinking this team isn't going anywhere until they do.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly you can replace the Dolphins with any 6-3 team. :D

401095701_371799631871367_6089166578244265234_n.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Steelers fans are mad. Look at what is happening in NE. BB will only hire his guys as coordinators or position coaches and the game is passing them by. There was no reason to hire Teryl Austin's tired ass to be a D-coordinator and there is absolutely no reason to run it back with Canada. We have no real idea how good Picket might be because the offense is so inept. I think Steelers fans don't feel like Tomlin is going to step outside his comfort zone and hire some young talent onto the coaching staff....And they are right in thinking this team isn't going anywhere until they do.
Matthew Bingo GIF

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers let Tomlin go, he will be able to pick his next team and the teams with openings will all be bidding for him.

He's a punk, imho, but is a good coach as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? The head coach has no say in 3 straight seasons with a poor OC? Why is he still head coach then? No head coach with a Super Bowl ring should ever be in a position where someone else picks his staff. If Tomlin didn’t want Canada he’d be gone.
I already said he has a say but that isn’t his job. You are others are acting like it is all on him. Last time I checked the GM and owner make hires and fires. Putting that on him is ridiculous. He is working with scraps.
Who are the replacing him with? I’ll wait

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said he has a say but that isn’t his job. You are others are acting like it is all on him. Last time I checked the GM and owner make hires and fires. Putting that on him is ridiculous. He is working with scraps.
I disagree. That is his job. Head coaches pick their staff, and manage them. That is his primary job. The Owner/FO pick the Head Coach. They might have a veto over the Head Coach, but a 16-year Head Coach largely is doing things his way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said he has a say but that isn’t his job.
It’s absolutely his job. He’s the CEO of the football team in season activities. The three people who work directly under him are his coordinators. Unless you have an inexperienced head coach who was a coordinator just happy to get his first head coaching job an NFL head coach has direct say in who his coordinators are. Tomlin has experience and a ring. It makes sense to project that he has a lot of say over who his coordinators are.
You are others are acting like it is all on him.
That’s the job. All coaching staff matters - the Buck stops with him.
Last time I checked the GM and owner make hires and fires.
Not in a vacuum. A head coach with Tomlin’s cache has more say than most others. Your theory here is fair if this is year 1 of the coordinator but it’s implausible in year 3.
Putting that on him is ridiculous. He is working with scraps.
It’s foolish to replace a coordinator midseason. When have I said that should be done? I’m assessing a mistake that’s already been made. There’s no reason Canada should have come into this season still having that job. When the coaching carousel starts up again in January/February, that Steelers OC job is going to be as compelling a position as any other OC position available.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tenured coaches have full control of who their staff is 99% of the time. Some owners meddle but most of the time, its always the HC's call who the co-ordinators and position coaches are. The F.O. more often than not, just dot the I's and cross the T's.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomlin absolutely has control over the staff. GM has some say there, but Tomlin is far more tenured. Khan isn’t going to overrule him. Ownership (AR2) is the only veto power there and he’s the one that had a large hand in hiring Matt Canada. He rarely steps in & influences football operations. And I think that’s for the best given he doesn’t appear to have the football mind that his dad had.

Strange to me that some don’t think this is true.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange to me that some don’t think this is true.
I think much here is true, but very few if any coaches can fire someone without their boss signing off. Very few.

I think Tomlin has a great situation and most likely his superiors give him full control due to his most impressive winning season streak. I think the best thing for Steeler nation is to not win another game this season. This would add some reality to the roster and coaching staff. Neither is all that impressive.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think much here is true, but very few if any coaches can fire someone without their boss signing off. Very few.

I think Tomlin has a great situation and most likely his superiors give him full control due to his most impressive winning season streak. I think the best thing for Steeler nation is to not win another game this season. This would add some reality to the roster and coaching staff. Neither is all that impressive.
Standard procedure for ownership & FO to sign off on coaching changes, but nobody is going to overrule Tomlin. If Tomlin wants change, he’ll get change. Main problem is Tomlin’s old school approach, and his ego. He wants his team to win the way they are winning; on the back of their defense. All he wants on offense is a chain mover that doesn’t turn the ball over. He refuses to call a spade a spade until 3 years minimum have passed.

It’s embarrassing how much they pay this defense for being bottom 3rd in every statistical category. Luckily for splash plays & individual effort or else they would be in shambles.

Superbelt pointed it out earlier… this team has garbage schemes that rely solely on individual effort. They don’t scheme their players the best chance to succeed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's been our problem. We keep having seemingly respectable finishes. And we've just been a barely on the cusp playoff team for the last decade.

So everything is good, no big changes need to be made. The Standard is the Standard, and the standard is being a middling team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard procedure for ownership & FO to sign off on coaching changes, but nobody is going to overrule Tomlin. If Tomlin wants change, he’ll get change. Main problem is Tomlin’s old school approach, and his ego. He wants his team to win the way they are winning; on the back of their defense. All he wants on offense is a chain mover that doesn’t turn the ball over. He refuses to call a spade a spade until 3 years minimum have passed.

It’s embarrassing how much they pay this defense for being bottom 3rd in every statistical category. Luckily for splash plays & individual effort or else they would be in shambles.
Looks this way to me and why the heat needs to be turned up with a 7 win season.