• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I'm an OSU fan I definitely understand. And I use this example all the time but when the Tigers were cruising back in 2012 the fans were all calling for Leyland and Dombrowski's head. I argued we were fucking stupid for even suggesting it.

All DD has done is build two more world series teams since then and Detroit is in an almost 10 year rebuild now. Brad Ausmus lost a first round playoff with a rotation with Scherzer JV and David Price in it.

Same thing with Dumars firing Flip Saunders and Larry Brown

these things can go even worse. And I think as a head of the ship Tomlin is easily a top 10 guy
As a gameday leader, someone to keep his team in good spirits and hyped to play, I agree.

As someone who builds an effective coaching staff, I don't. Where is Tomlin's coaching tree? Anyone who did anything were Cowher guys.

We have always had talented rosters. I feel that success, especially lately comes on the back of individual superstar efforts from the likes of Ben, Minkah, Watt rather than the scheme.

Man I wish we could flip Tomlin to some other team for picks. Since he seems to still be well-regarded as a coach. Could things be worse? Absolutely, that's a risk. I just don't see Tomlin able to get us to those high points again.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a gameday leader, someone to keep his team in good spirits and hyped to play, I agree.

As someone who builds an effective coaching staff, I don't. Where is Tomlin's coaching tree? Anyone who did anything were Cowher guys.

We have always had talented rosters. I feel that success, especially lately comes on the back of individual superstar efforts from the likes of Ben, Minkah, Watt rather than the scheme.

Man I wish we could flip Tomlin to some other team for picks. Since he seems to still be well-regarded as a coach. Could things be worse? Absolutely, that's a risk. I just don't see Tomlin able to get us to those high points again.

I can see a strong argument for his coaching tree

you got me there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How/why are the steelers 6-3 and how many coaches are better than Tomlin ? 1

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but that is nearly impossible with their roster. Coaching only takes you so far. When you have an average at best QB and offense you have limitations. It is fine to think the OC is shit bc he is but that team has clear limitations with their roster.
100%

but 6-3 at this time is all that matters. Wining ugly is still wiñning. Next couple of weeks will help determine who is who.
I like Baltimore & Cleveland myself. We shall see.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How/why are the steelers 6-3 and how many coaches are better than Tomlin ? 1
30th ranked defense. 29th ranked offense. Outgained in every game this season. Splash plays, the Int's, Sacks, FF's go a long way to explain that. Those are things individuals are doing, not the scheme. It's flukey. The O and D rankings are things the Head Coach should be responsible for turning around with better choices for coordinators.

What are we at? 57 straight games without 400 yards of offense? No other team has gone more than 12 games, IIRC. for that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great coach would have fired Canada last year.....
Is it his job to fire a coach? Like I said before this is on the FO. If you want to shit on the FO I am all up for it but blaming this on Tomlin is pretty crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30th ranked defense. 29th ranked offense. Outgained in every game this season. Splash plays, the Int's, Sacks, FF's go a long way to explain that. Those are things individuals are doing, not the scheme. It's flukey. The O and D rankings are things the Head Coach should be responsible for turning around with better choices for coordinators.

What are we at? 57 straight games without 400 yards of offense? No other team has gone more than 12 games, IIRC. for that.
That is on the GM and owner. Tomlin I am sure can vouch for it but he doesn't make the final decisions. This kinda proves more of the point, Tomlin is really fucking good. It means every tough decision he makes is right. His offense and defense is shit and he is 6-3. The GM should have fired the OC's a long time ago to help Tomlin. This isn't on him as much as Steelers' fans believe.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get the dislike of Tomlin.

All he does is win. Never had a losing season.

Let's say the Steelers part ways with him. Which HC could the Steelers go after that's better than him?

If they get rid of him he'd look damn good on the Browns sideline.

I'm a fan of his. Helluva HC.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it his job to fire a coach? Like I said before this is on the FO. If you want to shit on the FO I am all up for it but blaming this on Tomlin is pretty crazy.
BTW, I put a lot of blame on Rooney too. Art isn't a football guy like Dan was. I hope the transition away from Art happens soon. But Tomlin has been HC for 16 years. I don't believe he doesn't have a lot of, if near total say in his staff.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Steeler fans are whiney little bitches. One of the best coaches in the NFL putting up with a shit OC and DC and they are 6-3. Boo fucking hoo. Then blaming Tomlin for doing everything he can with a shit team and shit coordinators. It isn't his job to fire coordinators. Now he can take away duties from him but who would be calling plays if Canada didn't? He just needs to be fire.

The point is Tomlin is still a top coach. The FO is shit

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6-3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I put a lot of blame on Rooney too. Art isn't a football guy like Dan was. I hope the transition away from Art happens soon. But Tomlin has been HC for 16 years. I don't believe he doesn't have a lot of, if near total say in his staff.
But you don't know so therefore Tomlin doesn't deserve the blame. This is on the FO and owner 100%. Even if he gets a say, he doesn't get a final decision. What we do know is the FO is in charge of hiring and firing

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our All-Pro safety flipped out at our DC for his last play of the game call, got a timeout, and got it changed.

The only reason we don't hear fire Austin chants during Utah college football games is Matt Canada.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OC is terrible. Our DC isn't much better. The Tomlin Standard is mid. Has been for at least a decade now.

Are we spoiled? Yes we are. We expect more than just spinning wheels here. Fans of the Factory of Sadness just don't understand.
Essentially this team is if your favorite ice cream is Vanilla, favorite color is beige, bird watching is your favorite hobby and you drive a tan Toyota Camry from the early 2000's.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have to believe he has a lot of input on his staff and who to hire and eventually fire….Canada clearly isn’t working out and he should be gone…..Tomlin has been their head coach for a long time by NFL standards and I just assumed that he has the power to make decisions as well as the FO…..I just want Canada gone

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sad. Granted Pickett was not good Sunday and I bet there was some elimination of risk in those routes but still it is hard to eliminate risk when there is no creativity and the defense knows exactly what is happening.
And it's not just him. It's all the receiver routes. The U shaped offense blows.