• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading an article on different trade matchups and it got me thinking...if you could trade for a player for your team to help get it over the hump...what player would it be?

It has to be a player that is actually, or likely, in terms of trade. I.E....No, you cannot trade for Mahomes. Has to be someone with some smoke, at least, with regards to being traded.

For the Bengals...Barkley. Add him to this offense, and I think the offense could explode. I know the articles around the 'net love to target a TE, but even when Hurst was here last year (and doing a fine job) he was 5th on targets behind Mixon. Burrow doesn't really target the TE a ton.

Barkley would immediately upgrade the run game, force teams to respect it by bringing defenders closer to the box, and would open up the deep play(s) that have been missing in the offense. Would create more 1-1 matchups and open up the passing game, as well as slowing down the pass-rush. Bengals are dead last in rushing yards per game at 69. Adding a true threat at RB would likely put them no worse than middle of the pack and would help unlock this offense.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading an article on different trade matchups and it got me thinking...if you could trade for a player for your team to help get it over the hump...what player would it be?

It has to be a player that is actually, or likely, in terms of trade. I.E....No, you cannot trade for Mahomes. Has to be someone with some smoke, at least, with regards to being traded.

For the Bengals...Barkley. Add him to this offense, and I think the offense could explode. I know the articles around the 'net love to target a TE, but even when Hurst was here last year (and doing a fine job) he was 5th on targets behind Mixon. Burrow doesn't really target the TE a ton.

Barkley would immediately upgrade the run game, force teams to respect it by bringing defenders closer to the box, and would open up the deep play(s) that have been missing in the offense. Would create more 1-1 matchups and open up the passing game, as well as slowing down the pass-rush. Bengals are dead last in rushing yards per game at 69. Adding a true threat at RB would likely put them no worse than middle of the pack and would help unlock this offense.
So if we are playing this game, do we have to keep in mind the GM and what their tendencies are when matching up compensation, salary cap and favors youth versus high priced stars?

Otherwise, I say we do squat.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we are playing this game, do we have to keep in mind the GM and what their tendencies are when matching up compensation, salary cap and favors youth versus high priced stars?

Otherwise, I say we do squat.
You are the GM.

Salary cap is only a minor concern since, in most cases, it can be worked around in numerous ways.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you repost those tweets in English please? I don't speak whatever language that is.
This guy looks like he retired from doing this... but it was hilarious for a few years

600x200

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great but....a BIG difference is the snap count AND Garrett for basically his whole career hasn't had a good pass rusher opposite of him and shit at the DT position. Watt playing the LB and Edge position is probably why his snap count is higher and Garrett has been injured more often + the suspension

Watt has played with Heyward, Hargrave, Tuitt, Dupree.
Until this year Garrett has played with Ogbah and Clowney.

1698267743071.png

1698267759511.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hard comp because they don't play the same position. Even taking out "who" they played with (or didn't) it wouldn't be apples to apples because their positions attack differently.

Both are really freaking good at what they do...and when you add in Hendrickson (no, not in the same tier as these two, but has been very good for the Bengals) you have a division with 3 guys that can dominate a game by getting after the QB...One of the big reasons why these 3 teams are so dominant on defense...it all starts up front with getting pressure on the QB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great but....a BIG difference is the snap count AND Garrett for basically his whole career hasn't had a good pass rusher opposite of him and shit at the DT position. Watt playing the LB and Edge position is probably why his snap count is higher and Garrett has been injured more often + the suspension

Watt has played with Heyward, Hargrave, Tuitt, Dupree.
Until this year Garrett has played with Ogbah and Clowney.

View attachment 344228

View attachment 344229
TJ Watt had the best year of his career after Hargrave, Tuitt & Dupree left. He won DPOY with basically just Heyward as his supporting cast on the DL. Supporting cast helps, but really doesn't have as much to do with it as other factors.

IMO, it has mainly been availability & scheme/position difference. After a couple years the Steelers started keeping TJ on the left side so he could go up against the RT. He rarely moves to the opposite side (did it against the Rams last week, but it had been a while before that). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Garrett gets moved around some but mainly goes up against the LT on the right side. Team's put their best OT on the LT position. So Garrett's competition is stiffer. But that isn't to say that they don't impact the game in other ways. Both are very capable of creating splash plays that can decide ballgames.

Outside of last year TJ has overall been more available than Garrett. That is a huge difference in snap counts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hard comp because they don't play the same position. Even taking out "who" they played with (or didn't) it wouldn't be apples to apples because their positions attack differently.

Both are really freaking good at what they do...and when you add in Hendrickson (no, not in the same tier as these two, but has been very good for the Bengals) you have a division with 3 guys that can dominate a game by getting after the QB...One of the big reasons why these 3 teams are so dominant on defense...it all starts up front with getting pressure on the QB.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly don't think Hendrickson or Hubbard reach the level of superstar as Watt or Garrett, but I'll take Cincy's overall defensive performance over the past 2 seasons over what Pitt or Cle has been capable of doing (jury still out this year). Until this year, Cleveland's D has been underwhelming. Changing coaches has definitely helped. But again, it sort of highlights how limited a team can be if the other parts or coaching doesn't support a superstar. As for Pittsburgh - You can move the ball on them and they've been torched at times. They are completely reliant on TJ wrecking a game for them to be effective.

This year hasn't inspired the same level of confidence, but Lou has a pretty good track-record of figuring shit out, so I'm hopeful.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly don't think Hendrickson or Hubbard reach the level of superstar as Watt or Garrett, but I'll take Cincy's overall defensive performance over the past 2 seasons over what Pitt or Cle has been capable of doing (jury still out this year). Until this year, Cleveland's D has been underwhelming. Changing coaches has definitely helped. But again, it sort of highlights how limited a team can be if the other parts or coaching doesn't support a superstar. As for Pittsburgh - You can move the ball on them and they've been torched at times. They are completely reliant on TJ wrecking a game for them to be effective.

This year hasn't inspired the same level of confidence, but Lou has a pretty good track-record of figuring shit out, so I'm hopeful.
I've got a ton of respect for Hendrickson. Great great player. Doesn't get the recognition he deserves, although I agree he isn't the level of superstar as those 2.

And spot on about the overall defensive performances. I struggle to find other teams that have the all-pro caliber that the Steelers do at all 3 levels that achieve less than they do lol. I've said it for years about Tomlin, but no team has done less with more like the Steelers do. Gives me ulcers thinking about how much the Steelers are paying this defense alone cap-wise and they are constantly bottom-tier in yds allowed. Tomlin more or less runs the defensive schemes, which is a big problem. It centers on the pass rush to be effective and the secondary always sucks schematically.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly a couple of bumps this year for Cincy's defense but I think there are 2 big factors in why:

1 - The offense has sucked. Through 4 games, 50% 3-out rate puts a TREMENDOUS amount of stress on the defense. That's not getting into the poor punting, or field position battle. All things considered, when taking in multiple factors, I think the Bengals defense might actually be exceeding some expectations in some ways just because of how many bad positions they've been put in through the 1st 6 weeks outside of really 1 game.

2 - They have a TON of 1st and 2nd year guys playing. CTB, Turner, Battle, Hill...all replacing guys who had 5+ years of experience. The secondary is young, but they've all flashed and made plays...assuming things continue in this manner, Cincy is going to have a legit secondary for several years to come. However, early on - that comes with its shares of bumps and big plays given up...but overall, it's really hard not to see the talent - especially in CTB and Turner.

Bengals don't have a disrupter like Watt/Garrett, but Lou's scheme and versatility in mixing and matching is probably the best in the division for a DC...and he finds ways to get guys in position to make plays, and you simply cannot argue with their redzone defense over the past 2+ years. It's been insane what they've been able to accomplish once teams get inside the 20. One of the best in the NFL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly a couple of bumps this year for Cincy's defense but I think there are 2 big factors in why:

1 - The offense has sucked. Through 4 games, 50% 3-out rate puts a TREMENDOUS amount of stress on the defense. That's not getting into the poor punting, or field position battle. All things considered, when taking in multiple factors, I think the Bengals defense might actually be exceeding some expectations in some ways just because of how many bad positions they've been put in through the 1st 6 weeks outside of really 1 game.

2 - They have a TON of 1st and 2nd year guys playing. CTB, Turner, Battle, Hill...all replacing guys who had 5+ years of experience. The secondary is young, but they've all flashed and made plays...assuming things continue in this manner, Cincy is going to have a legit secondary for several years to come. However, early on - that comes with its shares of bumps and big plays given up...but overall, it's really hard not to see the talent - especially in CTB and Turner.

Bengals don't have a disrupter like Watt/Garrett, but Lou's scheme and versatility in mixing and matching is probably the best in the division for a DC...and he finds ways to get guys in position to make plays, and you simply cannot argue with their redzone defense over the past 2+ years. It's been insane what they've been able to accomplish once teams get inside the 20. One of the best in the NFL.
I wish the Steelers had half the DC or scheme that the Bengals have. Steelers D is too vanilla and relies heavily on the players to win 1 on 1 matchups vs scheming players to put them in position to expose offenses & make plays more routinely. They rarely do this. Much like their offense. Steelers are living in the stone age when it comes to schemes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Steelers had half the DC or scheme that the Bengals have. Steelers D is too vanilla and relies heavily on the players to win 1 on 1 matchups vs scheming players to put them in position to expose offenses & make plays more routinely. They rarely do this. Much like their offense. Steelers are living in the stone age when it comes to schemes.
It's quite literally the exact opposite on the offensive side of the ball for the Bengals....formations and schemes so blatantly vanilla that rely on Burrow, Chase, Higgins to do the exact same thing - win their matchups to make it work.

Lou is a Wizard on defense....if only he could also do the same for the offense.....lol

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dionte signed a 2-year $36.7 Million dollar contract. He's got fuck you money, already. He knows he'll get fined, and he won't care. He won't even notice the money he has to pay.

The problem is, and Kaboly knows it, that he's pissing off the Ref community, and now they won't be fair with him on calls at all.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dionte signed a 2-year $36.7 Million dollar contract. He's got fuck you money, already. He knows he'll get fined, and he won't care. He won't even notice the money he has to pay.

The problem is, and Kaboly knows it, that he's pissing off the Ref community, and now they won't be fair with him on calls at all.
I mean, I don't like inconsistent officiating and I've been pissed when the Bengals have been screwed..... But hell, you want to fine someone for sucking, maybe start with your OC.