• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they "changed" or tweaked that uncatchable rule but it isn't clear what the rule is. They don't take that into account as much when calling the PI. It is very confusing and this is part of the problem. I did not know this until the commentators mentioned it during the game.
Interesting...and stupid. You can't interfere with a pass that isn't catchable...I mean...that seems so obvious. It's why when a ball is tipped there isn't PI called.

The intent of any penalty called is because of the impact on that play. We're seeing far too many, IMO, penalties called where the penalty had zero impact on the play...and that's an issue, again IMO. I'm not saying ignore them all, but but there has to be a line where, at some point, you realize that this "penalty" is, by black and white letter of the law, a penalty - and yet, it had no impact on the play...that, to me, is the point where you "let them play" a bit through that contact/hold/whatever...it's the ones where the ball is coming right to a guy, or a defender is dragged to the ground before getting to the QB, etc...where you would expect to see more of the flags.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice W for the Browns yesterday. Not sure how that vaunted D allowed Indy to put up 38 pts with Minshew at the helm, but they got the W.

Not sure what to think of the Ravens yet. They clearly have the ability to produce. 4-2 in conference games & 2-1 in division... so they are in a comfortable position so far. Still can't shake the look of a team that could implode in any game.

Steelers still somehow finding ways to win even without looking good. Keep saying it isn't sustainable but here we are. Steelers needed 3 missed FGs, and a couple of bogus penalties in crucial 4th qtr moments to get the W. Rightfully so, nobody is buying into this team, nor should they.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice W for the Browns yesterday. Not sure how that vaunted D allowed Indy to put up 38 pts with Minshew at the helm, but they got the W.

Not sure what to think of the Ravens yet. They clearly have the ability to produce. 4-2 in conference games & 2-1 in division... so they are in a comfortable position so far. Still can't shake the look of a team that could implode in any game.

Steelers still somehow finding ways to win even without looking good. Keep saying it isn't sustainable but here we are. Steelers needed 3 missed FGs, and a couple of bogus penalties in crucial 4th qtr moments to get the W. Rightfully so, nobody is buying into this team, nor should they.
It seemed they were playing more zone but that wasn't the clear issue.

Too many missed assignments on defense giving up big gains and have to give credit to Minshew, he was making the open throws and using his legs. He played well other than all those fumbles.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a brutal day to be a Bengal fan on bye..... Exciting games, but damn those were some tough breaks at the end of the game. My thoughts on the division after yesterday's games/

Cleveland - If I were a Browns fan, I'm not sure if I would be elated in that the season is starting to break their way (wins against SF and Indy against some late game odds) or if I would just be frustrated in knowing that this could be a super bowl team if the 200 million dollar qb was playing at 3/4 of his expectation. I'm not sure how I would feel. How you guys doing?

Pitt - Are they this year's Minnesota? Are we going to look up in week 16 and ask how this team is 11-4 with one of the least efficient offenses in the league?

Bal - All about health, consistency and close games. Baltimore has had some super impressive September and October wins in past seasons. They've also had major injuries and some dreadful losses in close games the last few seasons. And obviously the closer we get to the postseason, the more folks will start mentioning Jackson's lack of success in his limited opportunities. Is this year different?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a brutal day to be a Bengal fan on bye..... Exciting games, but damn those were some tough breaks at the end of the game. My thoughts on the division after yesterday's games/

Cleveland - If I were a Browns fan, I'm not sure if I would be elated in that the season is starting to break their way (wins against SF and Indy against some late game odds) or if I would just be frustrated in knowing that this could be a super bowl team if the 200 million dollar qb was playing at 3/4 of his expectation. I'm not sure how I would feel. How you guys doing?

Pitt - Are they this year's Minnesota? Are we going to look up in week 16 and ask how this team is 11-4 with one of the least efficient offenses in the league?

Bal - All about health, consistency and close games. Baltimore has had some super impressive September and October wins in past seasons. They've also had major injuries and some dreadful losses in close games the last few seasons. And obviously the closer we get to the postseason, the more folks will start mentioning Jackson's lack of success in his limited opportunities. Is this year different?
Same bye week results as the Steelers last week... Got to stand by and watch the entire division get wins.

The AFC isn't the juggernaut it was sold as during the offseason. Every team has seen its fair share of struggles & identity crisis. Hate to find some sort of solace in that, but it is what it is. Looking like the cream of the AFC crop won't be clear until November shakes out. Chiefs & Dolphins are the early front runners. Time will tell.

Cleveland... I admit I did not see them at 4 wins this early. And as you said, if they had any semblance of competent QB play they'd be an AFC favorite. They have barely scratched the surface of their road games though so we will see how resilient this bunch is down the stretch. But their remaining schedule looks incredibly favorable.

Pittsburgh... This has been a Disney/Mickey-Mouse season so far. Still don't have much faith given their misplaced trust in Matt Canada. Don't care how good they could possibly become in the coming months... Just knowing that man is still calling plays, and coach Rah-Rah Tomlin isn't making any changes, is all I need to know about the future of this season. They are incredibly fortunate not to be at 1-5 right now. 8 more AFC opponents to come & they won't be favored in many of those. Lookin like another ~.500 season at best.

Baltimore... Toughest part of their schedule comes in cold weather months. They'll do themselves a favor by creating some separation now vs later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insanely accurate.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same bye week results as the Steelers last week... Got to stand by and watch the entire division get wins.

The AFC isn't the juggernaut it was sold as during the offseason. Every team has seen its fair share of struggles & identity crisis. Hate to find some sort of solace in that, but it is what it is. Looking like the cream of the AFC crop won't be clear until November shakes out. Chiefs & Dolphins are the early front runners. Time will tell.

Cleveland... I admit I did not see them at 4 wins this early. And as you said, if they had any semblance of competent QB play they'd be an AFC favorite. They have barely scratched the surface of their road games though so we will see how resilient this bunch is down the stretch. But their remaining schedule looks incredibly favorable.

Pittsburgh... This has been a Disney/Mickey-Mouse season so far. Still don't have much faith given their misplaced trust in Matt Canada. Don't care how good they could possibly become in the coming months... Just knowing that man is still calling plays, and coach Rah-Rah Tomlin isn't making any changes, is all I need to know about the future of this season. They are incredibly fortunate not to be at 1-5 right now. 8 more AFC opponents to come & they won't be favored in many of those. Lookin like another ~.500 season at best.

Baltimore... Toughest part of their schedule comes in cold weather months. They'll do themselves a favor by creating some separation now vs later.
I think the AFC is starting to look good again. It seems to me that they are killing it in head-to-head competition. But, I agree that there aren't any dominant teams. Miami is a real question mark for me - They absolutely hammer inferior competition and there is something to say for that.... But they've been handled by 2 good teams. Hard to see how that will get better when the weather gets cold.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well they have TJ Watt. And other teams don't. So, there's that.
Feel bad for guys like TJ & Heyward... Those dudes are literally the heart & soul of this team and deserve better. They want to win so badly. Ultimately what matters to them is to win in January and they will play the part of superman to get this team there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only things that matters is the present right now. 4-2 with their brutal injuries is great but the offense has been putrid. The only thing we can hope for is Watson can come back and start look more like an average QB AND stay on the field. Then step by step, maybe he can start improving. Only time will tell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F9NYxbiakAAM9XG

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they win 8 games with Duck and Mason. It never surprises me they start winning games with their defense.
Pretty much. And that's Tomlin's M-O. He wants this team to win on the back of the defense.

Scary thing is this defense is bottom tier in passing/rushing yards allowed. They are constantly bleeding yards. But the splash plays bail them out.

One of the highest paid defenses that gives them one of the worst units in the league.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just come out and say this from the start. Holy fuck. Beating around the bush for weeks. Shut him down till he is healthy. Trade for Brissett