• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That entire situation seems odd. Why have they been so quiet about it?
I agree. Was talking to a buddy of mine who lives up in Cleveland - said the same thing.

As a Cleveland fan he said: It's really odd....and the longer this drags on, the worse and worse it looks for Cleveland for signing him. This contract is going to end up being an albatross around Cleveland's neck. At some point, the money is going to come due, and they are going to be paying him to get his massages while he's out of the NFL and collecting 50M a year...

He was never a fan of the signing, FWIW - but what's done is done...he's Clevelands' QB for better or worse....for a long time...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Was talking to a buddy of mine who lives up in Cleveland - said the same thing.

As a Cleveland fan he said: It's really odd....and the longer this drags on, the worse and worse it looks for Cleveland for signing him. This contract is going to end up being an albatross around Cleveland's neck. At some point, the money is going to come due, and they are going to be paying him to get his massages while he's out of the NFL and collecting 50M a year...

He was never a fan of the signing, FWIW - but what's done is done...he's Clevelands' QB for better or worse....for a long time...

Watson is now on TV saying he has micro tears. Bullshit dude. I'm sorry. He got coached to say that bullshit. Now the Browns can't come out and go...wtf you talking about bro? Our staff saw zero signs of a strain or tear.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BREAKING: According to today’s reports, Deshaun Watson could either return to play this week, or next week, or go on the IR, or miss the remainder of the season, or retire from football with possible euthanization not ruled out due to severity of injury"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BREAKING: According to today’s reports, Deshaun Watson could either return to play this week, or next week, or go on the IR, or miss the remainder of the season, or retire from football with possible euthanization not ruled out due to severity of injury"
Let's be honest...if he's not practicing today, he's likely not playing this week. If he doesn't play this week - you have to assume he's not going to play next week, right? Even if he practices, it would be the 1st time in, what, 5 weeks? How many weeks of games/practice can he miss before he needs a true ramp up to get back to where he needs to be in order to really be effective playing...

This whole thing is so odd...and it comes off a game in which was his best game since the trade....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he could find a massage therapist that would see him he could get back on the field very quick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he could find a massage therapist that would see him he could get back on the field very quick.
It would certainly help lighten his load...

I mean, this is likely all stemming from over use of his shoulder/arm/wrist/hand now that he's having to practice some self care...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, this is likely all stemming from over use of his shoulder/arm/wrist/hand now that he's having to practice some self care...

probably

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was a bad idea to sign him from the beginning.

What's his motivation to get back on the field? He's already been paid.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh. I am not a fan but he will eventually make it back obviously. Eventually a breach of contract could be applied

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this.... After he hurt his shoulder, he threw some of his best passes since he's been back from suspension. Strange situation indeed.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this.... After he hurt his shoulder, he threw some of his best passes since he's been back from suspension. Strange situation indeed.

right?

He allegedly hurt himself in the 3rd quarter. So he's out dropping dimes with this huge deep bruise? Or a tear as he is now saying?

it's bizarre.

you see guys keep playing on injuries (ankle sprains notably) and then miss time after when it balloons up

but this is going to be dang near a month lol. it's crazy

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, my buddy hated the signing. He actually gave up his season tickets to the Browns. Still supports them, but couldn't reconcile the signing itself.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right?

He allegedly hurt himself in the 3rd quarter. So he's out dropping dimes with this huge deep bruise? Or a tear as he is now saying?

it's bizarre.

you see guys keep playing on injuries (ankle sprains notably) and then miss time after when it balloons up

but this is going to be dang near a month lol. it's crazy
Meanwhile Burrow was out there for 4 weeks playing on 1 leg, and getting destroyed...never a doubt he wasn't suiting up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest...if he's not practicing today, he's likely not playing this week. If he doesn't play this week - you have to assume he's not going to play next week, right? Even if he practices, it would be the 1st time in, what, 5 weeks? How many weeks of games/practice can he miss before he needs a true ramp up to get back to where he needs to be in order to really be effective playing...

This whole thing is so odd...and it comes off a game in which was his best game since the trade....
We can't assume anything at this point but I do agree he won't play this week. He's been saying he COULD POSSIBLY play for two weeks now. Not happening. I think he could return for the SEA or ARI game. Would be ideal for SEA game but at this point we could find out it's a full tear. I mean different information comes out every few days.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Burrow was out there for 4 weeks playing on 1 leg, and getting destroyed...never a doubt he wasn't suiting up.
I do question Watson's love for the game now more than ever but a shoulder is completely different than a leg. Not saying Burrow isn't tough or anything like that but Burrow can still stand in the pocket and deliver, just a lack of mobility. A shoulder injury to throwing shoulder is literally everything. We saw Baker struggle playing through his injury and it just made it worse.
Even though the situation is weird I don't want to crucify the guy for his shoulder bc we really have no idea-so many different reports-this is the part I have an issue with. Not sitting out but just fucking be straight up and tell us. Are they trying to keep opponents on their toes? That doesn't make sense, it's fucking PJ Walker. He blows

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do question Watson's love for the game now more than ever but a shoulder is completely different than a leg. Not saying Burrow isn't tough or anything like that but Burrow can still stand in the pocket and deliver, just a lack of mobility. A shoulder injury to throwing shoulder is literally everything. We saw Baker struggle playing through his injury and it just made it worse.
Even though the situation is weird I don't want to crucify the guy for his shoulder bc we really have no idea-so many different reports-this is the part I have an issue with. Not sitting out but just fucking be straight up and tell us. Are they trying to keep opponents on their toes? That doesn't make sense, it's fucking PJ Walker. He blows
Agreed it's not quite the same, but if you can't push off your foot/calf and that limits how you can rotate in your throwing motion as a QB, coupled with not being able to avoid the rush when teams send 6-7 defenders on blitzes...I mean, the end results are going to be pretty much the same. Missed passes, and drives that end far too often in 3-outs (near 50% 3-out rate through the 1st 4 games). I mean, Burrow was one of the worst rated QB's through 4 games, and set a record for least amount of air-yards/YPA through 4 games in NFL history....

I agree - the conflicting information that has come out has made the story seem worse than maybe it is. IMO, the Browns should have never said he was cleared to play...that was, I think, 3 weeks ago now. So, after being cleared to play, Watson has not played...and that drives the narrative of the story in a completely different direction.

Then he comes out and says it's more than a deep bruise, but actual tears...I mean, everyone involved needs to just shut up about it. From the start it should have just been: "He has a shoulder injury and is week to week. We'll continue to evaluate his progress".

The big thing now, is - as he's nearing his 4th straight week without practicing in any capacity - how much time does he need to ramp back up to get back into game mode. Especially since you want to give his shoulder some actual work in a limited fashion before throwing him to the wolves and live defenses. My guess is - out this week. Starts practice next week (in theory) and likely is a game-time decision or does not play against Arizona...and then gets a full week of reps for Bmore. That's likely how I would handle it, anyway. Browns defense is good enough to help the offense at least split against the Seahawks/Cardinals, if not go 2-0.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't assume anything at this point but I do agree he won't play this week. He's been saying he COULD POSSIBLY play for two weeks now. Not happening. I think he could return for the SEA or ARI game. Would be ideal for SEA game but at this point we could find out it's a full tear. I mean different information comes out every few days.

I don't know how you are so unaware of your body as a pro that a month goes by and you're like eh...not sure...maybe for an entire month.