• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans game was 26 days ago
Right - There's no way he will return to practice and just pick up where he left off from a physical standpoint. The shoulder has gotten zero work in, what is going to be, over 30 days. He's going to need to ramp that back up. He's out at least 2 more weeks.

Agreed on knowing your body. I still play softball and baseball and when I have an injury - you almost immediately know "Ok, something's not right - This is going to be a few weeks before I can get back out there".

Now, I know this is not the same as some Million Dollar athlete that is getting round the clock treatment, etc...etc....but I think your point stands...at 28 years old, and I'm going to guess no less than 2 decades of playing football - you know your body and you know within a certain timeframe how your body is likely to respond to various aches and pains.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wake up every morning and know what parts of my body hurt before I roll out of bed…..
tyler perry madea GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wake up every morning and know what parts of my body hurt before I roll out of bed…..
Yeah it seems he either can't throw or he can throw. I guess there is an in between but you know your own body.

It's getting to the point where I just don't give a shit anymore.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it seems he either can't throw or he can throw. I guess there is an in between but you know your own body.

It's getting to the point where I just don't give a shit anymore.
At this point in most of our lives, our bodies are just used vehicles that we are driving around with the check engine light constantly on - and we are just ignoring that bitch like "It'll be fine"...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add onto the Burrow stuff..... Though Burrow played with the calf, the truth of the matter is that it has been pretty hard to watch. He has been outplayed by Zach Wilson for most of the season. That said, most of us aren't overly concerned - We all know who Burrow is at this point and he's a guy that is going to produce and win games. He's also a guy that clearly needs to be healthy enough to get practice reps and will never beat you with his arm alone.

Now, for Watson the story is much different. He has a fully guaranteed contract on a team that has unique talent across the roster. They have a championship level defense and a good o-line. Watson hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since re-emerging with the Browns. If he plays hurt and plays as bad as Burrow has played hurt, the dialogue around him is way different. This could be one of the major reasons he is being cautious.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely perplexed that he said just yesterday he has no timeline and then is throwing 40 yards down the field in practice today.

What a weird situation

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely perplexed that he said just yesterday he has no timeline and then is throwing 40 yards down the field in practice today.

What a weird situation
It's hard to say when I'll feel like I can be back...

Hold on...let me throw this 40 yard ball real quick...

As I was saying, what I really have is a tear in my shoulder...actually, multiple. I have little micro tears, so I'm not sure yet when I can be back. Last question? Thanks guys, ok, I have to get to practice now...thanks.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was one terrible call that went the Browns' way and another questionable(50/50) call in the final two minutes of the game which allowed them to win.

This is a strange, new feeling. I'm not sure exactly how to process what I saw.

dude I fully accept the Browns didn't deserve that one and offer zero fucking apologies.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating has never been worse.

Most egregiously, IMO, are PI calls where the ball has abso-fucking-lutely no chance of being caught.

I'm not for adding PI to the list of reviewable calls...but I might get on board for reviewing/challenging if a pass is catchable...I mean...it just can't continue to be this bad...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating has never been worse.

Most egregiously, IMO, are PI calls where the ball has abso-fucking-lutely no chance of being caught.

I'm not for adding PI to the list of reviewable calls...but I might get on board for reviewing/challenging if a pass is catchable...I mean...it just can't continue to be this bad...
Apparently they "changed" or tweaked that uncatchable rule but it isn't clear what the rule is. They don't take that into account as much when calling the PI. It is very confusing and this is part of the problem. I did not know this until the commentators mentioned it during the game.