• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns are intriguing for the reasons you list. The Bengals never figured out how to exploit them, but other teams took advantage of that D-line and it was clear they needed a change of coordinators on that side of the ball. Assuming they get high end play from Watson, they should be a major threat. But, it's still enough of a question that they'll be undervalued by the talking heads and fans. Probably some money to be made on their over/under if you believe in Watson.

I think the real question is which team is going to benefit most from their new coordinator - Cleveland on D? Baltimore on O? Or, Pittsburgh on O?..... Wait, wait.... Now hearing that Pittsburgh DID NOT replace Matt Canada. LOLOLOLOLOLO!!!
Hoping for once the Cleveland D benefits most...but not holding my break

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Rudolph re-signed...

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF
He is only on the team so he can "face" Garrett two times a year again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Continuity in the QB room is the first principle of the Canadian offense.
Makes sense to lower his cap hit. No way they want to pay a backup $8m.

I do find it interesting how quickly Mitch changed his tune after the season ended... He was making comments acting like a scorned benchwarmer that wasn't given a good enough opportunity. Made it sound like he was paving his way for a quick exit this offseason.

I'm ok with him sticking around though given KP's concussion history, just not at the current contract price. Hopefully he won't be needed but its nice to know you have a capable backup in the fold.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to lower his cap hit. No way they want to pay a backup $8m.

I do find it interesting how quickly Mitch changed his tune after the season ended... He was making comments acting like a scorned benchwarmer that wasn't given a good enough opportunity. Made it sound like he was paving his way for a quick exit this offseason.

I'm ok with him sticking around though given KP's concussion history, just not at the current contract price. Hopefully he won't be needed but its nice to know you have a capable backup in the fold.
He is likely one of the best back-ups in the league. That's not a bad luxury.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'll be completely honest, I'll be super transparent here, and I'm gonna get blasted," Roethlisberger said. "I probably shouldn't say this, but who cares at this point. I wouldn't say that I wanted Kenny to necessarily fail, but when someone comes to replace you, I feel like I had it, I hope he doesn't come ball out. Because then it's like, Ben who?"

So what
Cool Honestity
Insecure

also
Bradshaw or Big Ben ??

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'll be completely honest, I'll be super transparent here, and I'm gonna get blasted," Roethlisberger said. "I probably shouldn't say this, but who cares at this point. I wouldn't say that I wanted Kenny to necessarily fail, but when someone comes to replace you, I feel like I had it, I hope he doesn't come ball out. Because then it's like, Ben who?"

So what
Cool Honestity
Insecure

also
Bradshaw or Big Ben ??
I kind of get it. Not saying I agree with it, but I can see when a big time player leaves, they kind of want that pain to be felt a little bit. Probably more-so as a way to still be "connected" to the team in the way of "Man, we really miss XXX"...

But, as the season went on, he changed his tune, as I think most would (hopefully).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of get it. Not saying I agree with it, but I can see when a big time player leaves, they kind of want that pain to be felt a little bit. Probably more-so as a way to still be "connected" to the team in the way of "Man, we really miss XXX"...

But, as the season went on, he changed his tune, as I think most would (hopefully).
This.

So many people weren't in competitive sports and it shows... Talkin about all those people in an uproar over this. Ben's comments reflect a competitor's spirit. And anyone that was in competitive sports that says differently is lying.

Not saying its a good look. But I get it. Devoting 18 years of your heart & soul to a team and still feeling like you have gas left in the tank... Of course there's going to be bitterness to overwhelm your sensibility. Main gripe I have with it is that Ben knew he was on his last ride during his final year. He knew he wasn't coming back. He got his swan songs in Cleveland & at Heinz. Emotional games that served perfect tributes to a storied career. So he wasn't blindsided & he had ample time to stomach this transition. Seeing him have the sendoff that he did and then to still be bitter leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But again, I get it. Ben was still man enough to call the kid immediately after he was drafted to congratulate him. So it wasn't all sour grapes.

Also, this seems to prove what Rudolph said a year or 2 ago about Ben and him not being a leader to the QBs behind him. That caused quite a stir, but apparently nobody wanted to have that conversation at the time. The Steeler way is heavily ingrained with mentorship. And this seems to show the exact opposite of that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

So many people weren't in competitive sports and it shows... Talkin about all those people in an uproar over this. Ben's comments reflect a competitor's spirit. And anyone that was in competitive sports that says differently is lying.
i've been around competitive sports as much as the next guy and I'm not in any kind of uproar.

seemed topical.

I'm sure Ben speaks for all former competitive NFL QB's.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been around competitive sports as much as the next guy and I'm not in any kind of uproar.

seemed topical.

I'm sure Ben speaks for all former competitive NFL QB's.
Wasn't you I was referring to. But social media & the media outlets are going nuts over it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the only social media stuff I've ever done.

no disrespect towards Ben.
Its a great topic for discussion. Ben's mouth has always kept him in hot water. Always brings unwanted negative attention on himself and then acts oblivious.

But now that he's in media, this is the sort of exposure he probably wants to vault this podcast into the airwaves.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a great topic for discussion. Ben's mouth has always kept him in hot water. Always brings unwanted negative attention on himself and then acts oblivious.

But now that he's in media, this is the sort of exposure he probably wants to vault this podcast into the airwaves.
Aikman & Staubach can do no wrong in my book, but Staubach is supreme.
How does Steeler Country see it between Bradshaw & Ben?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman & Staubach can do no wrong in my book, but Staubach is supreme.
How does Steeler Country see it between Bradshaw & Ben?
Probably still fairly divided between the older & younger generations. Very similar QBs to be honest. Both cannon-armed QBs struggled early but were gifted championship level defenses. Ben was the more cerebral QB out of the 2, and more clutch. But its fair to point out that the scheme & era of football favored Ben moreso than what Terry had to work with. I don't think there was ever much of a question of whether Ben was the starter throughout his career, whereas Terry struggled to fend off Gilliam & even Hanratty for a time. The team did try to shop Ben during the accusations though.

Ben was ever the controversial enigma, and Terry was the dopey country boy.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Not saying its a good look. But I get it. Devoting 18 years of your heart & soul to a team and still feeling like you have gas left in the tank... Of course there's going to be bitterness to overwhelm your sensibility. Main gripe I have with it is that Ben knew he was on his last ride during his final year. He knew he wasn't coming back. He got his swan songs in Cleveland & at Heinz. Emotional games that served perfect tributes to a storied career. So he wasn't blindsided & he had ample time to stomach this transition. Seeing him have the sendoff that he did and then to still be bitter leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But again, I get it. Ben was still man enough to call the kid immediately after he was drafted to congratulate him. So it wasn't all sour grapes.

Also, this seems to prove what Rudolph said a year or 2 ago about Ben and him not being a leader to the QBs behind him. That caused quite a stir, but apparently nobody wanted to have that conversation at the time. The Steeler way is heavily ingrained with mentorship. And this seems to show the exact opposite of that.
I think what Ben was saying was 100% honest and likely a shared feeling by so many athletes that meant what he meant to that franchise and that city. That said, all the other athletes don't say what he said because it doesn't "sound" like it is supposed to. Fans want their favorite players to not have feelings. They want them to play hurt, sit on the bench when asked, be unselfish, rah, rah, rah..... It's unreasonable and silly. For the most part, players have learned to play the part when speaking to the media.... Pretend you're something you are not and frankly nobody is. We generally ask people to be phony.

Ben really never played that game. It's one of the reasons he was and will remain underrated. His disregard for being phony made him unlikable to a lot of fans. It's odd, but we hate him because he was often honest at the wrong times.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably still fairly divided between the older & younger generations. Very similar QBs to be honest. Both cannon-armed QBs struggled early but were gifted championship level defenses. Ben was the more cerebral QB out of the 2, and more clutch. But its fair to point out that the scheme & era of football favored Ben moreso than what Terry had to work with. I don't think there was ever much of a question of whether Ben was the starter throughout his career, whereas Terry struggled to fend off Gilliam & even Hanratty for a time. The team did try to shop Ben during the accusations though.

Ben was ever the controversial enigma, and Terry was the dopey country boy.
Make zero mistake, I did not like Bradshaw. Still giggle a little when Henderson said Bradshaw couldn't spell cat, even if you spotted him the C & A.

BUT

LOVE THE GUY NOW.
Terry lived in Dallas in the 80's and was doing a weekly 30-minute football show for one of the Pittsburgh television stations way before he was national Fox big dog. They told him coat and collared shirt. Each week Terry showed up in flip flops, shorts, collared shirt and coat. The man never met a stranger, no ego, and talked with everyone.