• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has special teams ability, can be a return guy, and will be WR 4. He probably won't see the field a lot but we do go 5 wide about as much as anyone with Irv Smith probably being that 5th receiver. I think he will be just fine. I really like that pick. Tons of production once he got a QB who could get him the ball.
I like the pick on paper.... But with Darrin Simmons as the ST coach, I don't think it's a given that he slots right in to play. Hell, it took Simmons 2 seasons to try a different punter because he was worried about holding for field goals. And, as we know, he's often gone with punt returners that have very little skill besides being sure-handed on the catch. Simmons values guys that don't make mistakes and a rookie that hasn't played much in the return game the last couple of years (my understanding was that Jones did it more when he was at Iowa) might not be given much a chance.

So, that means he'll really need to establish himself as a 4th receiver. If anyone gets hurt that will open opportunities, but otherwise I expect it to be a learning year before Boyd leaves.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick on paper.... But with Darrin Simmons as the ST coach, I don't think it's a given that he slots right in to play. Hell, it took Simmons 2 seasons to try a different punter because he was worried about holding for field goals. And, as we know, he's often gone with punt returners that have very little skill besides being sure-handed on the catch. Simmons values guys that don't make mistakes and a rookie that hasn't played much in the return game the last couple of years (my understanding was that Jones did it more when he was at Iowa) might not be given much a chance.

So, that means he'll really need to establish himself as a 4th receiver. If anyone gets hurt that will open opportunities, but otherwise I expect it to be a learning year before Boyd leaves.
It is a possibility, but if any team is going to make the most out of a #4 WR, it will be the Bengals with their wide open scheme.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FvAtKmXaMAAYRcs

FvAte6uagAAOy_6

FvAt-pyacAMONyO

FvAt_9vaQAAXCx8

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is that Steeler mascot supposed to be? The Browns isn't much better. Fuck they are all terrible but seriously, WTF?

The Steelers' mascot is Duck Hodges gone wrong and the Browns looks like Bake Mayfield after hitting the Cheesecake Factory......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is that Steeler mascot supposed to be? The Browns isn't much better. Fuck they are all terrible but seriously, WTF?
The Steelers' mascot is Duck Hodges gone wrong and the Browns looks like Bake Mayfield after hitting the Cheesecake Factory......
Bengals - Kellog's Tony the Obese Tiger sporting a mink coat
Browns - Sesame Street's Crackhead Cheesecake Mayfield
Ravens - Poe's The Diabeetus Raven
Steelers - Soviet Steely McQuack (can be interpreted as both Duck face & a euphemism for Crack)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the Raven reminds me of the Penguin in Billy Madison..... Definitely something that I'd probably only see if I drank too much. And the Bengal looks like something out of Dr. Seuss.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the Raven reminds me of the Penguin in Billy Madison..... Definitely something that I'd probably only see if I drank too much. And the Bengal looks like something out of Dr. Seuss.
Yeah, those are pretty dead on. Those are great comparisons. hahahaha

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let this distract you from the fact the Brahns haven't finished with a better reg season record than the Steelers in like 30+ years...

But because PFF has a love affair with Myles Garrett... here we are

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens should feel most slighted by these rankings. If they get any sort of bump from having healthy offensive weapons (Lamar, Dobbins, Bateman, OBJ all coming off stuff) and their D plays like they were late last season, they'll be annoying as hell. I have no idea how Cleveland would be ranked above them. But, here we are.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ravens should feel most slighted by these rankings. If they get any sort of bump from having healthy offensive weapons (Lamar, Dobbins, Bateman, OBJ all coming off stuff) and their D plays like they were late last season, they'll be annoying as hell. I have no idea how Cleveland would be ranked above them. But, here we are.

With Jacoby the Browns had like 4 or 5 games that one play would've totally changed the result. Obviously the person ranking them is assuming Watson is Watson from 2020. Big assumption

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jacoby the Browns had like 4 or 5 games that one play would've totally changed the result. Obviously the person ranking them is assuming Watson is Watson from 2020. Big assumption
I'm not writing off the Browns. They have loads of talent and Watson returning to form would make that offense dangerous due to the multiple ways they could kill you. I just don't see them as much of a certainty as I do Baltimore at this time. In general, it looks like our division is stacked as we don't have any team that you can easily write off or a team that is in a rebuild. But, we felt similarly last season and it didn't quite shake out that way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing off the Browns. They have loads of talent and Watson returning to form would make that offense dangerous due to the multiple ways they could kill you. I just don't see them as much of a certainty as I do Baltimore at this time. In general, it looks like our division is stacked as we don't have any team that you can easily write off or a team that is in a rebuild. But, we felt similarly last season and it didn't quite shake out that way.
I just question if Watson can....I think it's a legit concern. He really looked out of sorts last year, and granted he had been away for nearly 2 years - so some was expected, but we've also seen how guys can unravel a bit when their personal life suddenly comes to light causing the house of cards they've treaded on for so long on the razor's edge come crashing down (Tiger comes to immediate mind).

The AFCN certainly has the makings, though, of having one of the toughest division in football on the outset. However, just like the schedule - what looks tough early on can easily be derailed by an injury here, or there. We'll see how it plays out, but certainly most of the teams look poised to do some good things.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just question if Watson can....I think it's a legit concern. He really looked out of sorts last year, and granted he had been away for nearly 2 years - so some was expected, but we've also seen how guys can unravel a bit when their personal life suddenly comes to light causing the house of cards they've treaded on for so long on the razor's edge come crashing down (Tiger comes to immediate mind).

The AFCN certainly has the makings, though, of having one of the toughest division in football on the outset. However, just like the schedule - what looks tough early on can easily be derailed by an injury here, or there. We'll see how it plays out, but certainly most of the teams look poised to do some good things.
I've stated multiple times that I think it's highly possible that Watson has medical/psychological issues that go well beyond engaging in bad decision making and questionable behavior. I still think it's a fair question whether he'll revert back to the guy he was in college and the first couple years in the league.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated multiple times that I think it's highly possible that Watson has medical/psychological issues that go well beyond engaging in bad decision making and questionable behavior. I still think it's a fair question whether he'll revert back to the guy he was in college and the first couple years in the league.

He looked like he forgot how to throw a football at times last year......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how this is even a discussion... What would be a better discussion is who is the 2nd best.

1. Bengals

----

t-2. Steelers
t-2. Ravens
3. Browns

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the Bengals.

For the other rankings, a lot depends on how much you buy into Allen Robinson or OBJ coming close to prior production. If the talent and production remain, those units go way up. If both of those guys are washed up, the Browns might be second overall due to steady, but not spectacular play. Outside of the Bengals young stars, I'd say Pickens is the most promising of 'young' receivers in the group and Flowers is the guy I'd be most curious about as we see him play pro ball.