• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiny hands and no playbook. Good luck

Wave Hello GIF by Odd Creative

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that the other 31 teams will finally be able to crack the Matt Canada offense. It's not longer classified!
Those 8 or 9 plays were highly classified... The pre-snap motion to disguise it & simply mirroring plays were next level wizardry.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTAs are winding down, and minicamps about to begin... Time for some updates for your teams if you care to share!? Any early surprises? Curious if there are any unknowns making any waves during "football in shorts" season? Anybody new getting tons of hype that you think will make an impact this year? Any 1st Rders not fitting the hype?

For the Steelers...
1. OT Broderick Jones... As suspected, the kid is very raw and his footwork needs a lot of work. We won't get a good look at how the depth chart will shake out until training camp, but early reports seem to indicate that this may be a redshirt season sadly. Silver lining is that drafting him has lit a fire under LT Dan Moore's ass who took it upon himself this offseason to show up to OTAs bulked up and in the best shape of his life.

2. DBs... Been seeing a lot of praise for JPJ (Porter Jr) & 7th Rder Cory Trice. Coaches have been moving Patrick Peterson into the slot to give those youngsters more reps outside. Its just the experimental phases of the offseason so I'm not reading too far into it yet. But early reports are encouraging. Trice could have been as high as a 3rd Rd pick supposedly, but his injury history scared everyone off. Hoping he can stay healthy enough to prove everyone wrong.

3. Offense... Supposedly Matt Canada is 'opening things up' and putting more emphasis on 1st downs. Lol, if only he came to this realization 2 years ago... Count me as pessimistic here. I'll believe it when I see it. There is more to be said about Pickett's ascension within the lockerroom. He is taking the leadership bull by the horns.

4. DL... The retooling seems to be in full swing. Leal & Benton are the future, and Heyward & Ogunjobi are in their twilights. Still a great mixture of talent and they fortified the depth with many new pieces in place. I don't think Cam will be needed for >95% of the snaps like the last several years. Really excited about this Benton kid. Should be able to make his presence felt immediately.

5. Skill positions... RB2 Jaylen Warren beefed up this offseason. Kid has so much potential. Najee & Warren are a very potent 1-2 punch. WR competition is heating up this offseason. Pickens is posed for a breakout season if Matt Canada doesn't stand in his way. A-Rob is proving to be a solid vet presence early on, and the wildcard Calvin Austin is reminding everyone why the Steelers drafted him (including his own teammates). Not sleeping on Boykin or Butler either. Both have good size & speed. Lastly, TE position is looming large. There is a lot of speculation of this team keeping 4 TEs this year and I believe it. 'Muth, Washington, Gentry & Heyward.

6. Concerns... Off-ball ILB primarily, but some question marks at SS, and IOL depth. They have a room full of run stuffing ILBs, capable of zone coverage, but nobody that looks like they could shift into the slot on an island sotospeak. Steelers have been emphasizing the big dime/nickel packages with the extra safety, so maybe they plan to use that more. Not sure who is slated to start at SS yet. Neal & Kazee will battle it out. IOL depth at Center is concerning given that Kendrick Green has been the primary backup thus far. There has to be someone better on the team or in FA that can backup the C position.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTAs are winding down, and minicamps about to begin... Time for some updates for your teams if you care to share!? Any early surprises? Curious if there are any unknowns making any waves during "football in shorts" season? Anybody new getting tons of hype that you think will make an impact this year? Any 1st Rders not fitting the hype?

For the Steelers...
1. OT Broderick Jones... As suspected, the kid is very raw and his footwork needs a lot of work. We won't get a good look at how the depth chart will shake out until training camp, but early reports seem to indicate that this may be a redshirt season sadly. Silver lining is that drafting him has lit a fire under LT Dan Moore's ass who took it upon himself this offseason to show up to OTAs bulked up and in the best shape of his life.

2. DBs... Been seeing a lot of praise for JPJ (Porter Jr) & 7th Rder Cory Trice. Coaches have been moving Patrick Peterson into the slot to give those youngsters more reps outside. Its just the experimental phases of the offseason so I'm not reading too far into it yet. But early reports are encouraging. Trice could have been as high as a 3rd Rd pick supposedly, but his injury history scared everyone off. Hoping he can stay healthy enough to prove everyone wrong.

3. Offense... Supposedly Matt Canada is 'opening things up' and putting more emphasis on 1st downs. Lol, if only he came to this realization 2 years ago... Count me as pessimistic here. I'll believe it when I see it. There is more to be said about Pickett's ascension within the lockerroom. He is taking the leadership bull by the horns.

4. DL... The retooling seems to be in full swing. Leal & Benton are the future, and Heyward & Ogunjobi are in their twilights. Still a great mixture of talent and they fortified the depth with many new pieces in place. I don't think Cam will be needed for >95% of the snaps like the last several years. Really excited about this Benton kid. Should be able to make his presence felt immediately.

5. Skill positions... RB2 Jaylen Warren beefed up this offseason. Kid has so much potential. Najee & Warren are a very potent 1-2 punch. WR competition is heating up this offseason. Pickens is posed for a breakout season if Matt Canada doesn't stand in his way. A-Rob is proving to be a solid vet presence early on, and the wildcard Calvin Austin is reminding everyone why the Steelers drafted him (including his own teammates). Not sleeping on Boykin or Butler either. Both have good size & speed. Lastly, TE position is looming large. There is a lot of speculation of this team keeping 4 TEs this year and I believe it. 'Muth, Washington, Gentry & Heyward.

6. Concerns... Off-ball ILB primarily, but some question marks at SS, and IOL depth. They have a room full of run stuffing ILBs, capable of zone coverage, but nobody that looks like they could shift into the slot on an island sotospeak. Steelers have been emphasizing the big dime/nickel packages with the extra safety, so maybe they plan to use that more. Not sure who is slated to start at SS yet. Neal & Kazee will battle it out. IOL depth at Center is concerning given that Kendrick Green has been the primary backup thus far. There has to be someone better on the team or in FA that can backup the C position.

My biggest concern so far......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern so far......
If these position coaches are worth anything, anything at all... He'll be difficult to keep off the field. Chuks & Moore are on notice.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that the other 31 teams will finally be able to crack the Matt Canada offense. It's not longer classified!
LOL...Curl pass, short out and 3rd down run... rinse/repeat.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Joe Mixon is still on the Bengals roster... Ok then. Whatever floats their boat.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Joe Mixon is still on the Bengals roster... Ok then. Whatever floats their boat.
Considering how well this roster has been made over since 2020 under Taylor and Co - I think they deserve at least a little leeway here. I mean, last year wasn't good for Joe, but his previous season was 1200 yards and 13 TD's. He also had 60 receptions last year, which was a career high. He's also coming off 3 years of 1100+ yards (not including 2020) before last year's down year.

So, yes - last year wasn't great, but the run game as a whole wasn't great (Perrine was only better at 4.1 to 3.9 YPC, but had just 3 runs of 13+ yards or something like that)...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

They can afford him for this year.

Next year Mixon ($12 million), Boyd ($10 mill), Williams ($13 mill) , maybe Awuzie ($7 mill) (although I hope not), potentially Reader ($15 million) will all be gone and coming off the books. That is where you are getting Chase money. I can see us potentially going after a younger DT coming off his rookie deal like Reader and giving him a 4 to 5 year deal just like Reader.

Burrow
Chase
Higgins
Wilson

That is where a bulk of our money is going.