• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I guarantee you he gets re-signed immediately upon the end of whatever suspension he gets . There is no way he doesn't get a shot with some desperate team; no way.

It wouldn't surprise me. If a team thinks he can still play, someone will take a chance on him

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman is on the team. Our starter from last year, T Brock is still there.
I believe neither has shown though that they are healthy enough to start the season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me. If a team thinks he can still play, someone will take a chance on him
You bet they will. If a guy can play he gets chance after chance

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! I guarantee you he gets re-signed immediately upon the end of whatever suspension he gets . There is no way he doesn't get a shot with some desperate team; no way.

He will miss the whole 2015 season and if he gets any significant jail time, that could mean he will be out of football for at least two years. Maybe he gets another shot, but I hope he doesn't because he needs to get his life together. Football should be the last thing on his mind!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost guaranteed that the Raiders will offer him a shot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will miss the whole 2015 season and if he gets any significant jail time, that could mean he will be out of football for at least two years. Maybe he gets another shot, but I hope he doesn't because he needs to get his life together. Football should be the last thing on his mind!
If he doesn't, he'll be just another broke you-know-what.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe neither has shown though that they are healthy enough to start the season.

Where did you get that? So far, Bowman has been doing great. He has to wear a brace for precautionary reasons but even then he doesn't wear it all the time. I haven't heard of any setbacks. Did T. Brock get hurt? He has been playing well camp.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Brock is 100%. Bowman may be more like 90%, and may not play every snap, but all reports are that he's looking healthy.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, the hits keep coming for the 49ers. I didn't think they were a .500 team before this news & thought the team should have done a total tear down rebuild, instead of signing players like T. Smith & Dockett. Now with Aldon doing Aldon things & getting released, this team is going to struggle to stay out of the NFCW basement.

As for the cap situation, the 49ers, counting only the top 51, have $10,749,179 in space. You can subtract at least $1-2 mil from that number when the season begins & all contracts count towards the cap. The best thing to do is not waste cap space on a vet like Mathis who wants around $5 mil. It would be better just rollover that space to next year & added to the $30+ mil in projected space next season.

It's going to be another tough year for Niner fans.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith told a reporter it was not a DUI and the truth will come out. It doesn't matter A. Smith u still put yourself in a bad position. Lets just say it was an Hit and Run that is still bad.
face palm doesn't make sense but all good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, the hits keep coming for the 49ers. I didn't think they were a .500 team before this news & thought the team should have done a total tear down rebuild, instead of signing players like T. Smith & Dockett. Now with Aldon doing Aldon things & getting released, this team is going to struggle to stay out of the NFCW basement.

As for the cap situation, the 49ers, counting only the top 51, have $10,749,179 in space. You can subtract at least $1-2 mil from that number when the season begins & all contracts count towards the cap. The best thing to do is not waste cap space on a vet like Mathis who wants around $5 mil. It would be better just rollover that space to next year & added to the $30+ mil in projected space next season.

It's going to be another tough year for Niner fans.
yes next year is the year when we can spend a lot. We can add 2-3 top players to help this team or bring in 1 Big time FA and continue to draft well. Harold or Lynch will replace him. They say harold can reach A.Smith potential(football). We will find out.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes next year is the year when we can spend a lot. We can add 2-3 top players to help this team or bring in 1 Big time FA and continue to draft well. Harold or Lynch will replace him. They say harold can reach A.Smith potential(football). We will find out.

Doubtful. I like Harold, but there aren't many guys out there who can rack up 19.5 sacks in a year. In fact, it has only happened fifteen times since they started tracking sacks, and by thirteen players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubtful. I like Harold, but there aren't many guys out there who can rack up 19.5 sacks in a year. In fact, it has only happened fifteen times since they started tracking sacks, and by thirteen players.
well I'm not talking about 19.5 sacks but I think double digit sacks consistently. That would be just as good.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I'm not talking about 19.5 sacks but I think double digit sacks consistently. That would be just as good.

We don't know that Aldon would have ever been able to duplicate that sack number. Last year when he did play, he wasn't able to generate alot of pressure even on one on one situations. That might have been due to the suspension and missing time, but it wasn't a certainty this year. I was waiting to see how he did, but we will never find out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that makes it sound like a very difficult DUI to prove, from the DA's perspective. It would depend a lot on some of the smaller details, particularly what his BAC was, but it sounds like he has a pretty viable drinking after driving defense.

I am not a criminal defense attorney, so I am just guessing. from what I've read somewhere, he was spotted hitting the car and leaving the scene. That is when the police were called. The police have at least a witness that saw him driving. I guess it would depend on how much time elpased between the time Aldon was seen leaving the parking lot and the time police questioned him. All he probably had to have done is leave a note on the car and he might not have gotten in trouble.