• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that Aldon would have ever been able to duplicate that sack number. Last year when he did play, he wasn't able to generate alot of pressure even on one on one situations. That might have been due to the suspension and missing time, but it wasn't a certainty this year. I was waiting to see how he did, but we will never find out.
I agree lets be honest he has hit double digit sacks in 3 years. Also with out J. Smith who knows what he can do. We all assume but to be honest Harold and Lynch will be just fine and if we can get a better year from Brooks(who is in great shape) we should be ok. Yes we lose Depth and we might not be able to use that super pass rush package of Brooks, Bowman, Smith and Lynch but we should be ok. DOnt get me wrong losing smith will hurt at 1st but if Lynch or Harold take over and produce we should be ok.

Thank god we didn't cut Brooks. wow. We still might release him if he is guilty but as of now we have him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree lets be honest he has hit double digit sacks in 3 years. Also with out J. Smith who knows what he can do. We all assume but to be honest Harold and Lynch will be just fine and if we can get a better year from Brooks(who is in great shape) we should be ok. Yes we lose Depth and we might not be able to use that super pass rush package of Brooks, Bowman, Smith and Lynch but we should be ok. DOnt get me wrong losing smith will hurt at 1st but if Lynch or Harold take over and produce we should be ok.

Thank god we didn't cut Brooks. wow. We still might release him if he is guilty but as of now we have him.

No doubt we will miss Smith, but my bigger concern is with the right side of the oline.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock is 100%. Bowman may be more like 90%, and may not play every snap, but all reports are that he's looking healthy.
I hope so. We are going to need every man we can get at this rate. This year's defense will be a shell of what it was two seasons ago.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the patience to go through 7 pages of Aldon Smith talk. I will simply throw this out.

Since 2012, Niner players have been arrested 12 times. 5 of those arrests are Aldon Smith.

The dude has a problem if alcohol is involved. He needs serious help and I hope that he is smart enough to recognize the pattern and admit he has a problem. I hope he gets better but I understand why the Niners had to cut him.

I just have terrible Charles Haley flashbacks and hope it is not a similar situation.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Tomsula really came across as a boob in his press conference announcing the shit canning of Smith. He sounded more like a lame high school guidance counselor talking about the dangers of drugs and alcohol rather than a football coach. We don't give a shit that Aldon Smith will get help for his addiction, we want to know how you plan to deal with his loss on the field.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Tomsula really came across as a boob in his press conference announcing the shit canning of Smith. He sounded more like a lame high school guidance counselor talking about the dangers of drugs and alcohol rather than a football coach. We don't give a shit that Aldon Smith will get help for his addiction, we want to know how you plan to deal with his loss on the field.

I disagree with everything in this statement!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jed York, Trent Baalke, and the 49ers' prolonged run of bad news, major losses, and invisible leaders - Talking Points

Not likely the right thread to add this but didn't want to start another. agree with Baalke not announcing Aldon getting cut, he should've been the guy. Also agree the Harbaugh thing doesn't look like it was "up front".

I posted this because can't agree on York causing all the roster changes. If players decide to retire, that is their decisions to make. find it hard to believe the state of the 49er's plays a large part in these decisions? Their decision to retire is by far and away, about health.

BTW - do not see this article as "comes with the territory", IMO Kawakami is being more specific.

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed York, Trent Baalke, and the 49ers' prolonged run of bad news, major losses, and invisible leaders - Talking Points

Not likely the right thread to add this but didn't want to start another. agree with Baalke not announcing Aldon getting cut, he should've been the guy. Also agree the Harbaugh thing doesn't look like it was "up front".

I posted this because can't agree on York causing all the roster changes. If players decide to retire, that is their decisions to make. find it hard to believe the state of the 49er's plays a large in these decisions? Their decision to retire is by far and away, about health.

BTW - do not see this article as "comes with the territory", IMO Kawakami is being more specific.
Kawakami is the Bay Sports version of the National Enquirer. Much of what he says I would take with a grain of salt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope so. We are going to need every man we can get at this rate. This year's defense will be a shell of what it was two seasons ago.

we won't have the 2011 defense, but it won't be THAT bad?! My opinion is based off a solid D-line (with depth) and still have players who can pressure. Brooks and Lynch have both proven they can provide pressure. Their sack numbers don't lead the NFL, but as long as they pressure/disrupt the QB.

If your D-line can 'stop' the run, then your safeties can help the corners more. when you force more 3rd and longs, you can sprinkle in blitzes too. Our D will drop but IMO remain within the top 10.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we won't have the 2011 defense, but it won't be THAT bad?! My opinion is based off a solid D-line (with depth) and still have players who can pressure. Brooks and Lynch have both proven they can provide pressure. Their sack numbers don't lead the NFL, but as long as they pressure/disrupt the QB.

If your D-line can 'stop' the run, then your safeties can help the corners more. when you force more 3rd and longs, you can sprinkle in blitzes too. Our D will drop but IMO remain within the top 10.
Like who? We've lost both starting DEs, our inside linebackers, our best pass rusher and the DBs are basically incompetent. Its going to be a long season. Stopping the run is not what it used to be. Its all about the passing game now.