• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who? We've lost both starting DEs, our inside linebackers, our best pass rusher and the DBs are basically incompetent. Its going to be a long season. Stopping the run is not what it used to be. Its all about the passing game now.
DBs are incompetent? Two All Pro safeties and one starter from last year who played well and is back. We lost some people on the DLine but drafted some good players who looked good in limited action last year. We have Bowman back. Have to replace a couple of linebackers but I think you are over exaggerating it a bit

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami is the Bay Sports version of the National Enquirer. Much of what he says I would take with a grain of salt.
What parts do you disagree with?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like who? We've lost both starting DEs, our inside linebackers, our best pass rusher and the DBs are basically incompetent. Its going to be a long season. Stopping the run is not what it used to be. Its all about the passing game now.

We did lose both starting DEs, but we've been adding talent at that spot for years. Two of our three projected DL starters missed significant time last year, including Dorsey missing the entire season. We lost two ILBs, but Borland wasn't likely to start regardless. When we last saw Bowman, he was one of the best (the best?) in the game. We lost our best pass rusher, and that hurts based on what we were projecting for this year, but he barely contributed last year. And our DBs are looking like a potential strength. A majority of teams would take out safeties, and our CBs will be better than most people think if Brock stays healthy.

This D can be as good as last year. It's not likely to be 2011 again, but they should be sniffing top-10 if the offense can pick up some slack.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What parts do you disagree with?

Where do I start? With Kawakami floating the unsubstantiated rumors about whet happened in the front office? Or his attempts at recreating what happened over this time. Or his lame attempt to place blame? I have read Kawakami for years and he the king of drama. He posts something useful every once in awhile, but much of what he writes is tabloid worthy.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do I start? With Kawakami floating the unsubstantiated rumors about whet happened in the front office? Or his attempts at recreating what happened over this time. Or his lame attempt to place blame? I have read Kawakami for years and he the king of drama. He posts something useful every once in awhile, but much of what he writes is tabloid worthy.
I was more hoping for a specific quote(s) that you disagreed with.
I'm not pretending to know more about your team than a SF fan, but what he wrote seems to be the understanding on the street. I have no problem being corrected on this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did lose both starting DEs, but we've been adding talent at that spot for years. Two of our three projected DL starters missed significant time last year, including Dorsey missing the entire season. We lost two ILBs, but Borland wasn't likely to start regardless. When we last saw Bowman, he was one of the best (the best?) in the game. We lost our best pass rusher, and that hurts based on what we were projecting for this year, but he barely contributed last year. And our DBs are looking like a potential strength. A majority of teams would take out safeties, and our CBs will be better than most people think if Brock stays healthy.

This D can be as good as last year. It's not likely to be 2011 again, but they should be sniffing top-10 if the offense can pick up some slack.
I agree our Secondary looks stronger then last year. We might have a plus here. Also I think the Dline will be better. J. Smith was only playing 40-50% snaps last year and Ray was nothing special. We have Williams and Dorsey back plus we now have Tank with experience, 1st rd pick in Armstead and signed Dockett.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was more hoping for a specific quote(s) that you disagreed with.
I'm not pretending to know more about your team than a SF fan, but what he wrote seems to be the understanding on the street. I have no problem being corrected on this.

I don't want to specifically address all of it because I would be here all day. One example is where he talks about the alleged whisper campaign against Harbaugh. Nobody has any proof that happened. Kawakami has talked about this in his columns and on televison. kawakami was never able to prove where the whisper campaign came from, but insists " it had to " have come from the FO and continues to run with that even months after in this column. As far as what 49er fans on street say, there is a group of fans that hate the Yorks, some irrationally so. They will believe and agree with anything negative said about the Yorks whether true or not. I don't agree with a number of things the Yorks have done over the years but not every bad thing that has happened over the years is all their fault.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to specifically address all of it because I would be here all day. One example is where he talks about the alleged whisper campaign against Harbaugh. Nobody has any proof that happened. Kawakami has talked about this in his columns and on televison. kawakami was never able to prove where the whisper campaign came from, but insists " it had to " have come from the FO and continues to run with that even months after in this column. As far as what 49er fans on street say, there is a group of fans that hate the Yorks, some irrationally so. They will believe and agree with anything negative said about the Yorks whether true or not. I don't agree with a number of things the Yorks have done over the years but not every bad thing that has happened over the years is all their fault.

I would guess that a whisper campaign would be conducted in secrecy. So proof would be tough, but to reference that article...
But when you attack your own good coach, then deny you’re doing it, then fire him anyway, then deny you fired him by calling it a “mutual parting” and when everybody understands that’s a non-truth… you set yourself up for incredible instability.
I think most folks think there is a lot of truth in that paragraph. I'm not trying to bash you. For the last few years I have disliked Baalke and believe he is overrated by SF fans. Lately I have learned to dislike your owner and consider him a buffoon and what is truly screwing up your football team.
I doubt that any non SF fan that is somewhat aware of the goings on in Niner land would disagree that. York/Baalke were on a mission to derail Harbs. Note, I am not defending Harbs cuz he was a jackass to the 10th power, but he gave your team some solid direction.
Tomsula is a puppet, just what York wants.

I'm not trying to troll you guys. I think your team is in the dumpster. In a weird twisted sort of way I am saddened. Nothing fueled the flames better than a Seattle vs SF matchup. All of the NFL talked about it and it was intense.
I believe that is now gone and will miss the great anticipation of our matchup and rivalry.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Aldon and Bowman returning, we were still competitive. Without Aldon, any hope of the playoffs most likely just went out the window. Why would we then add an aging vet? Particularly at a position where we have a number of young, talented players (admittedly who are struggling at the present). We could use a veteran upgrade at OT. At OG, we might as well see what we have at this point.

I know you're being overly optimistic, but did you really think this team was going to be competitive with a chance at the playoffs this year? With Smith, AND avoiding the injury bug, I wouldn't have given this team better than a 5-11 record. Without Smith, I'd guess the Niners will be drafting top 3 in 2016. They've just lost way too much (leadership, talent, coaching, motivation, morale), and nothing they've done this offseason inspires any confidence. The Defense has taken significant steps backwards, and as bad as the Offense has been the last three years, I think people will be clamoring for Roman after seeing this unit lead the league in 3-and-outs this season.

Assuming it's going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC (and that might be low), I don't see where those 10 wins come from. The Vikings at home might be possible, but I wouldn't count that as a gimme. Peterson will likely drop 200 yards on the D. After that, I don't see a realistically winnable game until possibly the Falcons in week 9, or the Bears in week 13 (though I'd be shocked if the Bears aren't greatly improved from the team that beat us last year, based on nothing more than the coaching change).

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think the only way we're competitive for the playoffs is if the NFL starts counting blowout losses as wins.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're being overly optimistic, but did you really think this team was going to be competitive with a chance at the playoffs this year? With Smith, AND avoiding the injury bug, I wouldn't have given this team better than a 5-11 record. Without Smith, I'd guess the Niners will be drafting top 3 in 2016. They've just lost way too much (leadership, talent, coaching, motivation, morale), and nothing they've done this offseason inspires any confidence. The Defense has taken significant steps backwards, and as bad as the Offense has been the last three years, I think people will be clamoring for Roman after seeing this unit lead the league in 3-and-outs this season.

Assuming it's going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs in the NFC (and that might be low), I don't see where those 10 wins come from. The Vikings at home might be possible, but I wouldn't count that as a gimme. Peterson will likely drop 200 yards on the D. After that, I don't see a realistically winnable game until possibly the Falcons in week 9, or the Bears in week 13 (though I'd be shocked if the Bears aren't greatly improved from the team that beat us last year, based on nothing more than the coaching change).

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I think the only way we're competitive for the playoffs is if the NFL starts counting blowout losses as wins.

Never clamor for Roman unless the alternative is Jimmy Raye. That offense was dysfunctional

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In California, probably a whole hell of alot. You know how the jail system is here. The system is overcrowded, so its a revolving door for nonviolent offenders.

You guys are lucky. We let people being held for aggravated assault and r*pe (with 13 DUI's to boot, but that's beside the point) out on $1 bonds if the perp "promises" to avoid alcohol and wear an ankle monitor. That way, when the perp "borrows" a work vehicle, is out drinking past midnight, gets involved in a hit and run and then T-bones an SUV killing 2 and injuring 7 others (shouldn't have been there in the first place. 8 of those involved were children out after midnight) he's an easy target for newspapers to say "Why was he out in the first place?" This is a true story that recently was in the headlines.

The answer, of course, is that we enjoy electing people who are pro-criminal's rights.

Yay New Mexico. 3rd in violent crime (Albuquerque, according to data compiled by the FBI, is a more violent town than New Orleans), 50th in education. Actually, Puerto Rico probably ranks higher, but since it's a territory, it isn't counted.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that a whisper campaign would be conducted in secrecy. So proof would be tough, but to reference that article...
But when you attack your own good coach, then deny you’re doing it, then fire him anyway, then deny you fired him by calling it a “mutual parting” and when everybody understands that’s a non-truth… you set yourself up for incredible instability.

I don't care if proof is tough to find or not. Kawakami is guessing.

I think most folks think there is a lot of truth in that paragraph. I'm not trying to bash you. For the last few years I have disliked Baalke and believe he is overrated by SF fans. Lately I have learned to dislike your owner and consider him a buffoon and what is truly screwing up your football team.I doubt that any non SF fan that is somewhat aware of the goings on in Niner land would disagree that.

Most non 49er fans really don't know what is going on and don't know what the fans of the team know that follow the team day in and day out.

York/Baalke were on a mission to derail Harbs. Note, I am not defending Harbs cuz he was a jackass to the 10th power, but he gave your team some solid direction. Tomsula is a puppet, just what York wants.

Again, this is the same stuff that gets repeated over and over again without any proof. There was this big mission to derail Harbaugh.

How is Tomsula a puppet?

I'm not trying to troll you guys. I think your team is in the dumpster. In a weird twisted sort of way I am saddened. Nothing fueled the flames better than a Seattle vs SF matchup. All of the NFL talked about it and it was intense.
I believe that is now gone and will miss the great anticipation of our matchup and rivalry.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Geep doesn't strike me as being competent. I don't see how this offense is more than bottom 2 or 3 next year.

I wasn't a big fan of Geep either. But Roman and the system harbaugh was running was dysfunctional. Add in coaches like Johnny Morton who had to have been one of the worst WR coaches in the league at developing talent

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are lucky. We let people being held for aggravated assault and r*pe (with 13 DUI's to boot, but that's beside the point) out on $1 bonds if the perp "promises" to avoid alcohol and wear an ankle monitor. That way, when the perp "borrows" a work vehicle, is out drinking past midnight, gets involved in a hit and run and then T-bones an SUV killing 2 and injuring 7 others (shouldn't have been there in the first place. 8 of those involved were children out after midnight) he's an easy target for newspapers to say "Why was he out in the first place?" This is a true story that recently was in the headlines.

The answer, of course, is that we enjoy electing people who are pro-criminal's rights.

Yay New Mexico. 3rd in violent crime (Albuquerque, according to data compiled by the FBI, is a more violent town than New Orleans), 50th in education. Actually, Puerto Rico probably ranks higher, but since it's a territory, it isn't counted.

In California, it was a judge's ruling that led to a bunch of prisoners being released.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In California, it was a judge's ruling that led to a bunch of prisoners being released.

The judge released the guy accused of r*pe. The problem is only partially due to the judges. Our idiot state legislators, in an overreaction to the 6th ammendment, decided that the DA's office has 10 days to bring cases against a perp, meanwhile, the idiot mayor has reduced the police force to a quarter of its functional capacity, and the DOJ has neutered what remains. The problem now is that the police that are on the streets no longer have enough time to gather evidence and file reports, because they're constantly responding to the next violent criminal breaking the law (that will then be released to continue the mayhem). It's a total system collapse, and all the while, the criminals are getting more brazen, because they know there's no consequences unless they fire a gun at the cops that do manage to show up in the commision of a crime.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The judge released the guy accused of r*pe. The problem is only partially due to the judges. Our idiot state legislators, in an overreaction to the 6th ammendment, decided that the DA's office has 10 days to bring cases against a perp, meanwhile, the idiot mayor has reduced the police force to a quarter of its functional capacity, and the DOJ has neutered what remains. The problem now is that the police that are on the streets no longer have enough time to gather evidence and file reports, because they're constantly responding to the next violent criminal breaking the law (that will then be released to continue the mayhem). It's a total system collapse, and all the while, the criminals are getting more brazen, because they know there's no consequences unless they fire a gun at the cops that do manage to show up in the commision of a crime.

A California judge ruled prisons are too overcrowded. What can the state do other than let some go? Can't build jails fast enough

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A California judge ruled prisons are too overcrowded. What can the state do other than let some go? Can't build jails fast enough

I don't understand this. How about this solution: If you don't want to get stuffed into an overcrowded prison, don't commit a crime.

I don't get why we're more concerned about the civil rights of the criminals than the victims they'll be violating while out in society.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBs are incompetent? Two All Pro safeties and one starter from last year who played well and is back. We lost some people on the DLine but drafted some good players who looked good in limited action last year. We have Bowman back. Have to replace a couple of linebackers but I think you are over exaggerating it a bit
I should have said Corners, not DBs. Our Corners are terrible. We lost the only productive ones we had. I'll believe Bowman's back when I see him play and how well he plays. That was a horrific injury.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like your optimism at least. I don't share it but I like it.