• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A. Smith DUI AGAIN

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense is faster and younger. This good be a good thing.
I disagree. I'll take experience and skill over youth and speed. We've lost too much of the former.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving at the same time might be a blessing in the skies. Let the young kids learn together. I think by year end this team is going much better then when they started.

They are going to shock some teams.

I'm sorry but that was too funny to pass up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I'll take experience and skill over youth and speed. We've lost too much of the former.
Yes but its nice to get younger and still have some vets. its not like we are totally rebuilding. better then starting from scratch. I like how our D looks. Im not worried I still think we will be in the Top 10.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. My assessment was simply from watching him play and the turnovers he created. I didn't look at him statistically.

Hopefully Brock stays healthy and keep an eye on him. He is good at creating turnovers. He is good at jumping routes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but that is not going to make the loss of those guys any less painful. They will be sorely missed and the fact that they all left at the same time only compounds the problem.

What can you do? At some point you have to move on. Do you keep Gore till he is 40 years old? The 49ers wanted Gore back but not at the amount and length of contract Indy offered him. Bill Walsh once told Randy Cross something like, you will be on the league for 10 years but you'll be on the 49ers for 7 years and I want your best 7 years. What Walsh meant is he wanted the player's best years and wasn't going to keep players in decline on his team. Gore was one of my all time favorite 49er players, but at some point if the player wants to keep playing through his declining years, then you have to move on. Teams have to hit it right on the draft. They drafted Carlos Hyde to take Gore's place and those players need to work out. The same goes for the other players

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but its nice to get younger and still have some vets. its not like we are totally rebuilding. better then starting from scratch. I like how our D looks. Im not worried I still think we will be in the Top 10.

I don't but I hope you are right.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly a playoff run would have been a best-case scenario, but I don't think it was as preposterous as you make it out to be. Last year's team should have won 10 games; two of the losses were extremely fluky, one ending with a fumble into the opponent's endzone on a sneak and the other a 20+ point comeback that effectively ended with a fumble just shy of FG range in OT. That was with a D that was decimated by injuries and an offense that was epically bad in the second half of games.

This year, with a healthy and motivated Aldon, a healthy Bowman, Brooks rounding back into form, our safety duo continuing to develop, and Brock, Williams, and Dorsey staying healthy, our D absolutely had top-5 potential. I still think the D has a good shot of being top-10, even without Aldon. The big question is the offense, and the OL is a major concern, but if Davis returns to form, Torrey Smith can stretch the field, and we stop playing so dumb, it's reasonable to think they could be better than last year. In our division, that could still result in a 6-10 record or worse, but I don't see games against the Rams, Cards, Giants, Bears, Browns, etc. as sure losses by any means, even now.

The Rams always get up for us (minus the 15-game streak that Stubblefield so generously cursed). The Cards are just a better team at this point. The Giants is a push, but it's in New York right after we play the Pack. I'm betting Fangio can shut Kaepernick down better than anybody on the planet, and Fox as HC gives that team instant credibility. I don't see the Browns as a sure loss, but I certainly don't see them as a sure win, either.

I really do hope I'm wrong, but I can't help but remember the dumpster fire that was set back in 2004. We've got a more athletic QB, but there are so many similarities to that season, that I can't help but get my hopes down. Way down. I think there's a wholesale firesale coming in the next 3 years. I can't see how anybody in the coaching staff or GM's office survives this debacle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, with a healthy and motivated Aldon, a healthy Bowman, Brooks rounding back into form, our safety duo continuing to develop, and Brock, Williams, and Dorsey staying healthy, our D absolutely had top-5 potential.

As I've said before, I'll believe Bowman will play football again when I see it (see below). He has now missed nearly two years.

"""49ers: Linebacker NaVorro Bowman didn't play after Tomsula saying earlier this week that he might. Bowman, who hasn't played since injuring his left knee in the NFC title game in January 2014, is expected to play next week. ""

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, with a healthy and motivated Aldon, a healthy Bowman, Brooks rounding back into form, our safety duo continuing to develop, and Brock, Williams, and Dorsey staying healthy, our D absolutely had top-5 potential.

As I've said before, I'll believe Bowman will play football again when I see it (see below). He has now missed nearly two years.

"""49ers: Linebacker NaVorro Bowman didn't play after Tomsula saying earlier this week that he might. Bowman, who hasn't played since injuring his left knee in the NFC title game in January 2014, is expected to play next week. ""

You are reading way too much into this. Bowman was not the only veteran to not play this week. Reggie Bush didn't play. And those vets that did play only played a couple of snaps. Bowman has been a full participant in camp. In one series, he intercepted a pass and ran full speed the other way. Not exactly someone who still has knee issues. Tomsula has been really cautious with vets this year and with players coming off of injuries. He is giving them days off. Tomsula stated this first game was more about seeing how some of the players do. There are three more preseason games. No reason to rush them back.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't missed two years. He was injured in the playoffs the season before last. With the 49ers going nowhere last season there was no point in Bowman playing late last season. So far everything has gone on as planned