• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just crazyfuckin expensive. Lol. Id like to see Boyd make 20+ starts as the fifth starter.

Agreed, but I'm more concerned about Zimmermann and Norris each making 25+ starts. Zimm because he's coming off injuries, and Norris because he hasn't shown yet that he can get through a season without a DL stint or two.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I'm more concerned about Zimmermann and Norris each making 25+ starts. Zimm because he's coming off injuries, and Norris because he hasn't shown yet that he can get through a season without a DL stint or two.
Norris making 25 starts would be great.

I'm not sure what to expect from JayZ.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge discrepancy in the bullpen. YUGE!

Tigers bullpen (barring any moves):
  • Francisco Rodriguez (CL)
  • Justin Wilson
  • Alex Wilson
  • Bruce Rondon
  • Kyle Ryan
  • Mark Lowe
  • Some combination of failed starters (Anibal Sanchez, Shane Greene, Mike Pelfrey, Buck Farmer)
I'd rank it second-worst in the ALC, barely ahead of Minnesota. Probably will see Joe Jimenez called up by June 1.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "gift" he's referring to here is the ability to spell his name.
You and iffy so much alike. Except the part he lick nuts and you like to watch.
1956 ring any bells?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 1956 don't. Then 1948 should ring bells.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah i didnt like that Zimm signing for the Tigers even when it happened--- his peripherals were declining in the NL....typically- a pitcher that is starting to lose some of his stuff- for whatever reason- coming over to the AL is usually not a good recipe.

I mean- Zimm is a solid depth starter and should help- but you are paying him to be a #2 type guy and i dont think he is that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fullmer, Norris, Boyd sounds like a good way to start rebuilding a rotation.....with JV heading it up- i think that will be solid.....not great...but very solid.....its important not having a #4, and #5 guy who are just dead weight like a Pelfrey who are only around becuase of how little pitching is around....

having 5 legit starters that you think can help you win is a HUGE step in the right direction for the Tigers- if say it goes Verlander, Fullmer, Zimm, Norris, Boyd/Sanchez.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and iffy so much alike. Except the part he lick nuts and you like to watch.
1956 ring any bells?

Just a little reminder, doug. As baseball season gets closer, more and more posts will be discussing actual baseball topics. Please try and not interrupt them with your silly, 10 year old, "nah-nah-nah", posts. OK? Remember....children should not interrupt the adults when they are talking. I know you'll be a good little boy.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullmer, Norris, Boyd sounds like a good way to start rebuilding a rotation.....with JV heading it up- i think that will be solid.....not great...but very solid.....its important not having a #4, and #5 guy who are just dead weight like a Pelfrey who are only around becuase of how little pitching is around....

having 5 legit starters that you think can help you win is a HUGE step in the right direction for the Tigers- if say it goes Verlander, Fullmer, Zimm, Norris, Boyd/Sanchez.

I kind of figure that Fulmer and Verlander will fall back a little from their 2016 seasons. Hopefully Zimmermann can pick up that drop-off with a better season of his own. Detroit's got a lot riding on Norris and Boyd, and they have to see what they have in them this coming year. With some money coming off the books after 2017, they have to know if they are going to have to spend a good chunk of it on starting pitching.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figure that Fulmer and Verlander will fall back a little from their 2016 seasons. Hopefully Zimmermann can pick up that drop-off with a better season of his own. Detroit's got a lot riding on Norris and Boyd, and they have to see what they have in them this coming year. With some money coming off the books after 2017, they have to know if they are going to have to spend a good chunk of it on starting pitching.
Tigers on paper are still pretty damn good....its the aging and depth that would concern me about them- along with having to rely on young arms in the rotation who can traditionally go either way.

The Indians definitely arent going to be just GIVEN the division thats for sure. If guys like Victor, Kinsler, Cabrera can stay healthy and hit--- and JD and Upton perform- the Tigers could win in the area of 87-90+ wins.

The Indians need Carrasco and Salazar to stay healthy and perform, and getting Brantley back would be a huge plus. IF those things happen- the Indians will be tough to beat...but if Brantley doesnt come back and Salazar and Carrasco fail to make 30 starts each- then that window certainly opens a little bit.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda figured? FUlmer and Verlander fall back. Why?? You just talking out your ass? With your dirty depends. It makes your post stink

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figured Verlander has another strong season.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda figured? FUlmer and Verlander fall back. Why?? You just talking out your ass? With your dirty depends. It makes your post stink

NOW WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU? The adults are talking and this stuff is way over your head. Now shut up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figured Verlander has another strong season.
i think Verlander will have another good season too- but its hard to ASSUME a guy has another Cy Young caliber year when last year was the first year since 2012 where he has really pitched on a Cy Young contender level.

Fullmer i think will also be good- but i think it would be very tough to assume he will go 3.06 era and 1.12 whip again next year...i think he will be probably pretty close, but he was at 3.5 and 1.2 that would still be really good. If he had pitched enough innings to qualify he would have been 2nd in the AL in ERA...its very difficult to assume ANYONE outside of a few guys can just go off and duplicate a performance like that.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers on paper are still pretty damn good....its the aging and depth that would concern me about them- along with having to rely on young arms in the rotation who can traditionally go either way.

The Indians definitely arent going to be just GIVEN the division thats for sure. If guys like Victor, Kinsler, Cabrera can stay healthy and hit--- and JD and Upton perform- the Tigers could win in the area of 87-90+ wins.

The Indians need Carrasco and Salazar to stay healthy and perform, and getting Brantley back would be a huge plus. IF those things happen- the Indians will be tough to beat...but if Brantley doesnt come back and Salazar and Carrasco fail to make 30 starts each- then that window certainly opens a little bit.

The Indians need to beat up on their AL Central rivals. I could see all four struggling to stay near .500.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians need to beat up on their AL Central rivals. I could see all four struggling to stay near .500.
just depends on the Tigers health.

obviousl the Sox and Twins are gonna suck unless something unforeseen happens.

the untimely and deeply unfortunate demise of Ventura takes some depth out of an already thin Royals rotation- and now Holland and Davis are gone who i think were HUGE in the Royals run.

Tribe definitely has a wide open lane to the division title. I just really REALLY would love to see a lineup with Brantley and Encarnacion healthy and mashing.

As good as the tribes SP and bullpen is- imagine going Kipnis/Brantley/Lindor/Encarnacion/Santana 1-5....thats pretty exciting to think about.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind oF figure. That's says it all.
What a wind bag