• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. It is a lot more fun, when it is packed.
Yeah, it is.

But I kinda liked it back in 03 when every other person there knew what was going. Who was hot, who just got sent down en sech.

Still, you can't beat a packed house.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, in '48 the Indians had an owner committed to winning. This hasn't been the case for the last 15 years. This off season they actually spent some cash. We'll see if that translates to butts in seats.

Indians have a tough gig these days. Not only is Cleveland shrinking, the Tribe is land locked by the Lake to the north, the Tigers to the west, the Reds to the south and the Pirates to the East. Add to that, the fact that they're actually competing against the Browns and Cavs and it makes it even harder. Cleveland is a football town, and with Lebron in town, the Indians get pushed just that much further down the priority list.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jake is a great place to watch a game. Should be back to full, or atleast fuller, with a high quality product out there.

The Jake is badass, and if you haven't been there recently, the upgrades they made over the last two offseason are awesome. I like it a lot better now.

As far as full or even fuller, I wouldn't count on it. Even if the Indians remain competitors and make the playoffs in 2017, I would honestly be surprised if they'd rank more than middle-of-the-pack in attendance. I hope I'm wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jake is badass, and if you haven't been there recently, the upgrades they made over the last two offseason are awesome. I like it a lot better now.

As far as full or even fuller, I wouldn't count on it. Even if the Indians remain competitors and make the playoffs in 2017, I would honestly be surprised if they'd rank more than middle-of-the-pack in attendance. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm miss games @ The Jake. My plan is to take a trip back home around Labor Day. Would like to go to a Tribe game & a game @ The Shoe.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seventy? Hell, twenty.

They had the longest sell out streak in MLB history during the 90s until the Red Sox scammed their way to the record.
Those were the days man.

Did Cleveland set the attendence record during that last run?

I stopped scrolling thru the list earlier. Did Boston just buy the remaining seats? Meijer did that for a couple years with the Pistons. It's weak. But you know you're legit when a company will just buy seats as an in game commercial.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't been there the last two years.

Looks good on TV though.

Gonna take a couple years to earn back some buyers trust? Dealing for Miller and signing EE is a good start. Lindor has to put some butts in seats more and more. He's not LeBron, but it's a chance to watch a HOF talent right from the start. Really don't think the Tigers have had a position player come up of his level in my lifetime. Kids should be seeing him
Play in person.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the days man.

Did Cleveland set the attendence record during that last run?

I stopped scrolling thru the list earlier. Did Boston just buy the remaining seats? Meijer did that for a couple years with the Pistons. It's weak. But you know you're legit when a company will just buy seats as an in game commercial.

Yeah, the Indians had 455 straight sellouts. Red Sox beat it and there was speculation that the Red Sox themselves were buying some seats. There's also the fact that Fenway holds about 1,500 fans, but I'm not going to bitch about that.

There were a lot of factors as to why the Indians sold so many tickets at that time and a good portion of them had nothing or little to do with the Indians.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Indians had 455 straight sellouts. Red Sox beat it and there was speculation that the Red Sox themselves were buying some seats. There's also the fact that Fenway holds about 1,500 fans, but I'm not going to bitch about that.

There were a lot of factors as to why the Indians sold so many tickets at that time and a good portion of them had nothing or little to do with the Indians.
Got Damn is Fenway uncomfortable!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting article by George Will in the Washington Post (and reprinted in Sports Illustrated) concerning how the 1948 baseball season, specifically the Cleveland Indian's World Series win, will effect the upcoming 2017 season. Will also discusses the issues of how the Tribes' WS losses in 1956 and 2016 will prevent them from having any chance to win in 2017. There is a very interesting part about other teams just throwing their gloves on the field, which Will believes may be have detrimental effect on Kluber, Kipnis and others. Will states, at the end of his articles, that there is also concern that the cardiovascular condition of Cleveland will be called into question.

:nod:

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm miss games @ The Jake. My plan is to take a trip back home around Labor Day. Would like to go to a Tribe game & a game @ The Shoe.

I think Labor Day weekend they are in Detroit. They do go to Denver in June.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Labor Day weekend they are in Detroit. They do go to Denver in June.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. Just looked up the schedule. June 6th & 7th. I'll be going to 1 or both of those games.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow thanks for pointing that out. Just looked up the schedule. June 6th & 7th. I'll be going to 1 or both of those games.

Nice. I went to Coors last year, for game against the Dodgers. Great park. I want to go back.