• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I'm in a league that keeps 10 MLB and 5 minors. I've got:

Kershaw
Price
Bumgarner
Archer
Hamels

Harper
Jose Abreu
Cano
Frazier
Sal Perez
Carlos Gomez
Jhonny Peralta
Melky

Gotta drop/trade away three.
drop/ trade sal perez/gomez/ and perelta... perez is going to see a ton of time on the DL this year.. watch.. the guy took a beating last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you. I'm in a league that keeps 10 MLB and 5 minors. I've got:

Kershaw
Price
Bumgarner
Archer
Hamels

Harper
Jose Abreu
Cano
Frazier
Sal Perez
Carlos Gomez
Jhonny Peralta
Melky

Gotta drop/trade away three.
it amazes me that Jhonny is still not only playing- but thriving. I never have had a player i enjoyed watching less other than Sasha Pavlovic on the Cavs.

I still am not over Sizemore just going in the tank. He should be a living legend with the Tribe. so bitter about it. I hope Zimmer can bring some of that 5 tool outfield ability back.....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty is the protypical detroit lions fan.... he has beaten wife syndrome and doesn't believe his teams will ever be champions... i get it bro... i feel it to sometimes.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it amazes me that Jhonny is still not only playing- but thriving. I never have had a player i enjoyed watching less other than Sasha Pavlovic on the Cavs.

I still am not over Sizemore just going in the tank. He should be a living legend with the Tribe. so bitter about it. I hope Zimmer can bring some of that 5 tool outfield ability back.....
you liked watching delonte west or booby gibson?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cespedes played amazing last year though....a lot better than Upton....dont ya think?

Last year, yes for Cespedes. Career, no. Cespedes' slightly better power numbers are offset by a lousy OBP. Their OBP numbers were very close last season (.336 for Upton, .328 for Cespedes), but for Yoenis, that was his second-best OBP ever. For Upton, .336 was his worst ever for a full season. Cespedes has never walked more than 43 times in a season in his career, Upton has never walked fewer than 54 times, and that was way back in 2008. Both are .271 career hitters.

Upton's 26 HR in San Diego last year should translate to 30+ in Detroit, especially with the lineup around him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a cavs fan must be a trip too... every year you guys run your mouths about how great lebron is and how its finally your year... only to poop the bed once again... i mean seriously... after a while you would think cavs fans would just shut their mouths until they won something.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy fuck. I had floor seats a couple of times when Delonte West was on the Cavs. That's one creepy mother fucker. I was uncomfortable being that close to him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, yes for Cespedes. Career, no. Cespedes' slightly better power numbers are offset by a lousy OBP. Their OBP numbers were very close last season (.336 for Upton, .328 for Cespedes), but for Yoenis, that was his second-best OBP ever. For Upton, .336 was his worst ever for a full season. Cespedes has never walked more than 43 times in a season in his career, Upton has never walked fewer than 54 times, and that was way back in 2008. Both are .271 career hitters.

Upton's 26 HR in San Diego last year should translate to 30+ in Detroit, especially with the lineup around him.
yeah... the lineup that was surrounding upton last year was fecal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boobie put the Cavs into the Finals with like 18 threes against your Pistons if you remember- thats good enough for me- and delonte was the 2nd best player on that Cleveland team that lost to the celtics in 7 games- sadly enough....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck. I had floor seats a couple of times when Delonte West was on the Cavs. That's one creepy mother fucker. I was uncomfortable being that close to him.
that dude is certifiably insane.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being a cavs fan must be a trip too... every year you guys run your mouths about how great lebron is and how its finally your year... only to poop the bed once again... i mean seriously... after a while you would think cavs fans would just shut their mouths until they won something.

Hello, Tigers fan. . .

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boobie put the Cavs into the Finals with like 18 threes against your Pistons if you remember- thats good enough for me- and delonte was the 2nd best player on that Cleveland team that lost to the celtics in 7 games- sadly enough....
lol.. bro.. stop running your mouth about what the cavs did one time against the pistons.. the pistons are 3 time nba champs... the cavs haven't won shit. like i said... don't run your mouth until you win a title... it makes you look like a clown.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno...what does Upton do better- besides 20-30 points of obp? I think its close- but Cespedes was at 290 35/100 .870 ops last year...thats mvp consideration...id bet on Cespedes, but its not like there is a humongous difference...Cespedes plays better D too-- all though- both guys have been traded around quite a bit due to not having the best clubhouse reps...

The two are close. If Fulmer ends up being a plus MLB pitcher, the Tigers still made out better in the LF swap.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has any cleveland team won a title in your lifetime? i already know the answer....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was some cleveland fan on another thread bragging about being up 2-1 last year in the finals... that cracked me up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing Sizemore was just such a punch to the stomach. A reason why the Indians had a then record 455 game sell out streak in a huge stadium in a relatively mid-sized market was how the fans could get behind these great players that had been there a long time. Everyone- my MOM knew who Jim Thome and Omar were etc.....

hardcore fans knew who some of the Indians were the last few years- and they have finally got a crop of guys that have been here and the fans can get behind--- brantley, kipnis- now lindor etc....but in those in between years sizemore got hurt, hafner got hurt/roided and left, tribe dealt Victor....there was no one to get behind..

finally with Brantley here another 4 years, Lindor here another 5 at least, Kipnis here at least another 4-5 years, Zimmer will be up before long - the fans FINALLY have some guys that should be staying and they should be able to recognize and get behind.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tigers won a title in my life time... have the cavs won in yours?

I'm not a cavs fan. I dislike basketball.

Yes, the Tigers won a championship in your lifetime. Was it hard to celebrate the victory with your mom changing your diaper?

Point stands that every year you're all "we got Miggy, we got Verlander." They haven't won shit, just like the Cavs.