• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again..reading comprehension...for the time that Chissenhall was playing right field- he was easily a top 3 defensive player at his position.

Fine and dandy. But until he hits LH pitching better (.241 career), he's a platoon player and the discussion is kinda moot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big decision to make coming up- in a keeper league i have had going for almost 10 years now--- you get 5 keepers- and if u use all 5 you lose your first 5 draft picks---- 15 team Roto league..

obviously I am keeping:
Harper
Kershaw
Votto

have to make some tough decisions after that though:
Kluber
Fernandez
Davis

not sure who to keep there.
Fine and dandy. But until he hits LH pitching better (.241 career), he's a platoon player and the discussion is kinda moot.
i agree...huge disapointment with the bat..outside of a few months he has strung together here or there....i dont see any relief coming to the Indians CF and RF spots until Frazier and Zimmer are ready a year or so from now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big decision to make coming up- in a keeper league i have had going for almost 10 years now--- you get 5 keepers- and if u use all 5 you lose your first 5 draft picks---- 15 team Roto league..

obviously I am keeping:
Harper
Kershaw
Votto

have to make some tough decisions after that though:
Kluber
Fernandez
Davis

not sure who to keep there.

i agree...huge disapointment with the bat..outside of a few months he has strung together here or there....i dont see any relief coming to the Indians CF and RF spots until Frazier and Zimmer are ready a year or so from now.
fernandez is the only guy i would keep if you are going to lose draft picks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling davis is going to end up being an epically bad contract.. can't believe the orioles paid him that much.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there literally is almost no reason upton would not opt out unless he had a major injury or completely shit the bed the next 2 years. There is no reason to expect a drop off... and there is actually a good reason to expect an uptick seeing he is entering his prime years and will be in the best lineup he ever has been...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if boras got chris davis a 160 mil contract.. what do you think he will get a 28 yr old Hosmer or 29 yr old Moustakas.

Hosmer is going to get the largest contract out of all free agents after 2017 if everything holds. He could be looking at 250 mil+

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably trade Hosmer and Escobar if I could in the offseason next year. Would be nice if Mondesi was ready at that point, but worse things could happen.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, if the Tigers were going to have a down year, it may as well have been in the toilet like it was. They weren't going to re-sign Price and I don't think he wanted to stay here, and they got good return for him. They legitimately could have re-signed Cespedes, but they got Fulmer for him and now Upton is in LF. Finishing in the bottom 10 meant they didn't lose their 1st round draft pick for the Zimmerman and Upton signings. And no post-season wear-and-tear on the older players nursing injuries. A full off-season of healing for the first time in 5 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if boras got chris davis a 160 mil contract.. what do you think he will get a 28 yr old Hosmer or 29 yr old Moustakas.

Hosmer is going to get the largest contract out of all free agents in 2018 if everything holds. He could be looking at 250 mil+
it would be a shame if Hosmer left....at least you guys got your title though. Hosmer is a tricky case though- i mean- i think he will have a big year this year- but at least numbers wise- its not like he has been big time elite for any length of time ...has he?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably trade Hosmer and Escobar if I could in the offseason next year. Would be nice if Mondesi was ready at that point, but worse things could happen.
I wouldn't be pinning my hopes on Mondesi if I were you.. he strikes out way to much and can't get on base in the minors... no reason to think he is magically going to morph into a decent on base guy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, if the Tigers were going to have a down year, it may as well have been in the toilet like it was. They weren't going to re-sign Price and I don't think he wanted to stay here, and they got good return for him. They legitimately could have re-signed Cespedes, but they got Fulmer for him and now Upton is in LF. Finishing in the bottom 10 meant they didn't lose their 1st round draft pick for the Zimmerman and Upton signings. And no post-season wear-and-tear on the older players nursing injuries. A full off-season of healing for the first time in 5 years.
They had the ability to sign Cespedes or Upton.. they chose Upton. I think his younger age and OBP is why.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good point keeping that top 10 pick....Indians tried the same a few years ago when they signed Swisher and Bourn- kept their #1...but obviously those signings were horrible. Indians forays into major contracts have been nothing short of awful the last 10 years. Hafner, Westbrook, Sizemore, Swisher, Bourne, ....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be a shame if Hosmer left....at least you guys got your title though. Hosmer is a tricky case though- i mean- i think he will have a big year this year- but at least numbers wise- its not like he has been big time elite for any length of time ...has he?
Thing is if he ever avoids these 1-2 month stretches of being complete ass, all of the sudden you're talking a 5-6 WAR 1B and that's just going to command stupid money. A small market committing a 200 million dollar contract to a 1B is insane.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosmer is a Golden Glove 1st base that hits for average and has decent power... He is going to get PAID.