• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to chain/sequence trios of BP arms together is like trying to find unicorns. You don't find them, you stumble upon it. Probably high too...

The Yankees definitely went after the best bullpen for 2016.

Houston's is looking good as well.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally with Brantley here another 4 years, Lindor here another 5 at least, Kipnis here at least another 4-5 years, Zimmer will be up before long - the fans FINALLY have some guys that should be staying and they should be able to recognize and get behind.

Ahh, maybe they'll actually put some fans in the seats without doing a 10-cent beer night.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to be the most pessimistic person i have ran into... hell.. maybe an earthquake will open a sinkhole and swallow the entire state of MI... lol
Getting smoke blown up my ass has never been my thing.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously bums.. go back and read the last few pages.. plenty of baseball talk... now that you are here I have to dumb it down.

if your involved in baseball talk, there is no point in reading, like I pulled up, years of "baseball" talk you put up is worthless

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duh.. herherhehrehrehrher yankees... duuh hehrehrherhehr bullpen... durrdrddrdrdr

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty is the protypical detroit lions fan.... he has beaten wife syndrome and doesn't believe his teams will ever be champions... i get it bro... i feel it to sometimes.
What?

I know I deserve better.

Martha gets it.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duh.. herherhehrehrehrher yankees... duuh hehrehrherhehr bullpen... durrdrddrdrdr

drrrrrr I predict, drrrrrr I predict, drrrrr I predict.....wrong, wrong, wrong

Tell us again how you would rather have Porcello than Chris Archer

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, maybe they'll actually put some fans in the seats without doing a 10-cent beer night.

Unlikely.

It's hard to compete against the Browns around here, and with Lebron back, it doesn't leave a lot for the Indians.

Sucks.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if your involved in baseball talk, there is no point in reading, like I pulled up, years of "baseball" talk you put up is worthless
kind of like you being around and talking about running successful pizza parlors? i can only imagine how much you could add to that discussion... lol

but i would still be in business if... huh... but i only got a few 1 star ratings on yelp... uh... hahahhahhahaha

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My contention would be actively trying to trade for and sign these tier 1 relievers to try to build super pens is ultimately bad policy. RP performance is way too volatile to spend millions trying to build what is more often than not a happy accident. Look what happened to Joe Nathan and Valverde for instance. Maybe BP's, as a whole, are valued a little differently because of how the Royals won the WS, but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either; the Nasty Boy Reds come to mind besides the Yankees. Maybe teams shouldn't be so quick trying to dump backend rotation guys to AAA or on other teams but instead try them in the bullpen. Maybe that instead, is the lesson to be learned here for FO's.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drrrrrr I predict, drrrrrr I predict, drrrrr I predict.....wrong, wrong, wrong

Tell us again how you would rather have Porcello than Chris Archer
tell us again about your breadreaux pizza place bums.. and how awesome it was for he less than 2 years you had it until it was purchased and remodeled, named changed, and turning into a successful business.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure hope so- seems like a long time ago they filled that stadium 455 times in a row.

Back when it was still The Jake, and the Injuns were winning ALC titles pretty regularly.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely.

It's hard to compete against the Browns around here, and with Lebron back, it doesn't leave a lot for the Indians.

Sucks.
Never though I would hear that.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My contention would be actively trying to trade for and sign these tier 1 relievers to try to build super pens is ultimately bad policy. RP performance is way too volatile to spend millions trying to build what is more often than not a happy accident. Look what happened to Joe Nathan and Valverde for instance. Maybe BP's, as a whole, are valued a little differently because of how the Royals won the WS, but it's not exactly a new phenomenon either; the Nasty Boy Reds come to mind besides the Yankees. Maybe teams shouldn't be so quick trying to dump backend rotation guys to AAA or on other teams but instead try them in the bullpen. Maybe that instead, is the lesson to be learned here for FO's.

Been screaming for the Tigers to do this with failed starters in AAA the last couple of years. I always use the Wade Davis example. Failed starter when he was trying to throw 4 or 5 pitches. Became a premier reliever when he focused on his best two pitches.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never though I would hear that.

No shit, but this is a Browns town, through and through. The Cavs or Indians can draw crowds if they have sustained success. The Browns draw regardless of the level of ineptitude they display.