• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug was half right...Verlander was sharp. Too bad the rest of the club is on vacation currently.

How Mark Lowe continues to find work is beyond me.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all the pretend Tigers' fans on this board must be smugly glowing. All the Tigers' enemies on this board are rightfully laughing. I think it may be time for a change in manager. Ausmus will be a good manager, just not for the Tigers.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Mark Lowe continues to find work is beyond me.

Lowe was very good last year....and he turned that into a fat contract courtesy of the Tigers. The Dombrowski-led Tigers were dead-set against developing their own relief pitchers, so they often dipped into the free agent pool to find (and overpay) them....often with disastrous results. (see Joba, Coke, etc) Looks like Lowe may add to that line of failures.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all the pretend Tigers' fans on this board must be smugly glowing. All the Tigers' enemies on this board are rightfully laughing. I think it may be time for a change in manager. Ausmus will be a good manager, just not for the Tigers.

Voltaire...you wouldn't know a good (or bad manager) if one bit you in the ass. At 15....you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Voltaire....in your "finely reasoned opinion"....where did Ausmus go wrong today? Please enlighten us. LOL

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe was very good last year....and he turned that into a fat contract courtesy of the Tigers. The Dombrowski-led Tigers were dead-set against developing their own relief pitchers, so they often dipped into the free agent pool to find (and overpay) them....often with disastrous results. (see Joba, Coke, etc) Looks like Lowe may add to that line of failures.

Lowe's track record with the Rangers should've been all anyone needed to shy away from him. Last season was clearly the aberration.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe's track record with the Rangers should've been all anyone needed to shy away from him. Last season was clearly the aberration.

True enough....but, as I said, Detroit likes to pick the apples off the ground and keep their fingers crossed that there are no worms inside. Or at least no large ones.....lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough....but, as I said, Detroit likes to pick the apples off the ground and keep their fingers crossed that there are no worms inside. Or at least no large ones.....lol

They've had an affinity for taking pitchers the Rangers are willing to let go of lately.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Tigers have the Central wrapped up, how soon until they start resting guys?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Tigers have the Central wrapped up, how soon until they start resting guys?

Doug will be here shortly, telling us that Detroit is just going through a momentary low point and that after they fire Ausmus they will be back in control by Memorial Day. Bet on it and bet heavy!!!!!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crusin' down the street with my 6-4 double play...
Stop stealing the Marlins' stick. With Bonds and Gordon on their team, any Eazy-E song is their anthem considering they're all going to get AIDS too from sharing so many needles

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop stealing the Marlins' stick. With Bonds and Gordon on their team, any Eazy-E song is their anthem considering they're all going to get AIDS too from sharing so many needles

Do you have AIDS?

Where is Doug? Didn't he say the Tigers were going to pad their stats with wins against the Rangers? hahahahah
that was a huge FAIL......how many series have the Tigers been swept in a row now?

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to change the subject from the dazzling Tigers. Who thinks the White Sox are for real. Do you think they will completely fall off, or finish a little over .500 and contend for a WC, continue to dominate and take the division convincingly.

When is it time for the Tigers, Royals and Indians to panic? Just searching for opinions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Legendary Lloyd eh?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to change the subject from the dazzling Tigers. Who thinks the White Sox are for real. Do you think they will completely fall off, or finish a little over .500 and contend for a WC, continue to dominate and take the division convincingly.

When is it time for the Tigers, Royals and Indians to panic? Just searching for opinions.
I am pretty skeptical. I don't buy for one second Brett Lawrie is suddenly living up to his former prospectdom for instance; or Latos' excellence. What the White Sox have going for them is they really don't have to be that good going forward to reach 90 wins. I am not all that convinced their offense won't be their undoing in the end.

Indians are in a good spot if they can keep within striking distance while they get healthier and get reinforcements from their farm clubs. Nothing particularly alarming about them besides a very underwhelming bottom of the order. I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a run pretty soon.

Tigers formula is pretty simple- stay healthy and pray Norris, Boyd, and/or Fulmer develop. I still have no faith at all in their BP. If you're counting on the likes of Lowe and an ancient K-Rod, you're in all kinds of trouble. Some upside, but there's still a pretty ugly looking floor for the Tigers as was the case with last year.

Royals need someone, anyone, to be a consistent and trustworthy pitcher. It's not a mediocre Volquez, it's not a volatile Volquez, it's not jack in the box like Chris Young, and Medlen is just a mechanical disaster right now; Ventura too for that matter.

Twins are el doneso- way too deep in the hole to be taken seriously barring a miracle. I'd be looking to trade peripheral assets like Plouffe asap. Kepler not playing fulltime in RF is infinitely perplexing to me. Buxton needs to re-imagine himself completely as a hitter, imo. Kind of incredible they're so bad with Park and Mauer being so damned good.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 of their victories are against the Twins, who are quickly proving themselves to be no more than a punching bag for the rest of the AL.

So to answer your question, no. I don't think Latos and Quintana are going to keep this up.