• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and @da55bums ... if you are so sure that perez is immune to injury this year.. why not make a wager... anything you want. Doesn't have to be money. Can be anything.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a point a catcher ends up no longer being able to take the beating they take. Watching Perez catch last year was almost as hard as watching a MMA fight where one guy is getting repeatedly punched in the head without throwing a punch back.. but not falling down. Admiral and amazing.. but its only a matter of time until he falls.

It is what it is. Extra innings are hard on a catcher... probably even harder than on a pitcher's arm.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... you aren't getting it.. you can bring Tigers players into it all you want... its your defense mechanism... because you are a Royals homer and can't take hearing negatives about the team... I wouldn't put a dime on any of the Tigers you listed not going on the DL... which is why I think the Indians win the central... The Tigers are the best team if healthy... but I am not willing to bet on that... I AM willing to bet on Sal Perez going on the DL though.. a lot. Anything you want... avatar bets... life time sportshoopla bans... money... anything. I will bet anything you want... Because its going to happen and you and I both know it.

lol, sure, your track record of paying bets is pretty solid.

2014 Royals won't make the post season-its not going to happen, 2015 Royals won't win the WS-its not going to happen. 2016- Royals will trade Eric Hosmer. Your pretty consistently wrong.

Just like I have the Twins winning the central. You foolishly make stupid remarks about the Royals every year and every season they end up proving wrong. It has nothing to do with homerism, it has everything to do with your choice to just make shit up to start arguments.

Sal has as much chance as landing on the DL as James McCann, he has a better chance of not hitting the DL than Jose Inglesis....who has yet to complete a MLB season.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think added innings and extra games to an all ready heavy workload don't effect the health of a pitcher the next year... you are probably a part of a small minority of people that pay attention to baseball that think that.

please look up Greg Maddox, Tom Glavine, Randy Johnson, Bumgarner, Tim Hudson, CC, Andy Pettite...rumor is they played full regular seasons and had a few post season games. You obviously don't study anything outside of Tigers baseball.

Not everyone crashes like Verlander, some have a stronger desire to win.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, sure, your track record of paying bets is pretty solid.

2014 Royals won't make the post season-its not going to happen, 2015 Royals won't win the WS-its not going to happen. 2016- Royals will trade Eric Hosmer. Your pretty consistently wrong.

Just like I have the Twins winning the central. You foolishly make stupid remarks about the Royals every year and every season they end up proving wrong. It has nothing to do with homerism, it has everything to do with your choice to just make shit up to start arguments.

Sal has as much chance as landing on the DL as James McCann, he has a better chance of not hitting the DL than Jose Inglesis....who has yet to complete a MLB season.
I said the Royals would trade hosmer this at this years trade deadline... how can I be wrong about that... it hasn't happened yet.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a bet for you that may interest you... first one to the DL... Perez or Iglesias. I got Perez.

What do you want to bet?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just and FYI @da55bums ... Iglesias most certainly completed the 2013 season... he was the last out in game 6 of the 2013 ALCS for the Tigers actually.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please look up Greg Maddox, Tom Glavine, Randy Johnson, Bumgarner, Tim Hudson, CC, Andy Pettite...rumor is they played full regular seasons and had a few post season games. You obviously don't study anything outside of Tigers baseball.

Not everyone crashes like Verlander, some have a stronger desire to win.
fair enough. if volquez goes on the dl... don't say i didn't tell you.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums - either ignore the guy or tell him to fuck off. Why ANYONE bothers to carry on a conversation with him is beyond me.

I honestly don't know why I do, you have to figure as much as he loves being on a baseball site, he would actually start to learn by accident. Instead, every year he just keeps getting things so incredibly wrong and then says the same things, after they get proven wrong.

Its really amazing to watch, like a train wreck.

Tigers call ups from the 30th ranked minors are future stars, but everyone else has them ranked 30th for a REASON. Doesn't faze him, they are good players anyways, damn what everyone else says and the facts.

Royals go to back to back WS - the team sucks, damn what everyone else says and the facts

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know why I do, you have to figure as much as he loves being on a baseball site, he would actually start to learn by accident. Instead, every year he just keeps getting things so incredibly wrong and then says the same things, after they get proven wrong.

Its really amazing to watch, like a train wreck.

Tigers call ups from the 30th ranked minors are future stars, but everyone else has them ranked 30th for a REASON. Doesn't faze him, they are good players anyways, damn what everyone else says and the facts.

Royals go to back to back WS - the team sucks, damn what everyone else says and the facts
lol.. this coming from a guy that just said Iglesias has never completed a season.. when he was the last out of the 2013 ALCS.. which means.. he literally played to the last out for the Tigers.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no... you aren't getting it.. you can bring Tigers players into it all you want... its your defense mechanism... because you are a Royals homer and can't take hearing negatives about the team...

That is exactly, to the fucking tee, what you do if someone posts anything other than praise for a tiger. So fucking funny that you make that accusation to someone else. Zero self-awareness.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly, to the fucking tee, what you do if someone posts anything other than praise for a tiger. So fucking funny that you make that accusation to someone else. Zero self-awareness.
Kind of like how you post nonsense when someone brings up the attendance of the Indians? Blaming the Browns? How many of the 30 MLB teams are in NFL cities.. and how many of them get better attendance than Cleveland. Cleveland isn't a huge market.. but they are nearly 3 times the size of KC... and larger than 9 other teams... sooo.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like how you post nonsense when someone brings up the attendance of the Indians? Blaming the Browns? How many of the 30 MLB teams are in NFL cities.. and how many of them get better attendance than Cleveland. Cleveland isn't a huge market.. but they are nearly 3 times the size of KC... and larger than 9 other teams... sooo.

No, that is not at all the same thing.

It still amuses me that despite listing a multitude of reasons that could be part of the Indians attendance drop over the last twenty years, all that you retained was "The Browns." You are pure comedy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's referred to as The Verducci Effect, and the science behind it is pretty questionable.
Its not a perfect thing.. and some people are not effected.. but when someone's innings jump.. there is a higher risk for injury.

Catchers are not shown in that study.. but adding an extra 15 or so games or what ever the Royals had to the 142 games he caught in the regular season most certainly didn't help his long term outlook.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is not at all the same thing.

It still amuses me that despite listing a multitude of reasons that could be part of the Indians attendance drop over the last twenty years, all that you retained was "The Browns." You are pure comedy.

could be... cool.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lasted a whole 4 hours. :lol:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you had read the article, you'd have learned that is not true.
I played sports... Anyone that plays sports knows the more you play without the benefit of some time off will result in the accumulation of minor injuries that can become major.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If high inning counts don't effect players.. why is there the need to have 5 starters? Why not have the same guy starting every day?