• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fashionable to pick the Indians yet again to win the division. And this time, I kind of believe it.

Good pitching but, as we have been told here (over and over), the lineup is "shit". Although Kipnis, Lindor, and Brantley are not a bad core. If Detroit's old-timers stay healthy (Verlander, Cabrera, Sanchez, Kinsler, VMartinez), I think they are the team to beat. Unfortunately for Tiger fan's, 4 out of 5 of those guys have recent injury concerns.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't say I didn't tell you when the injuries start to pile up this year.

Yeah, concerned about it as much as ANY team in the majors would be. Even the ones without "long playoff runs"

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
normal people look at people that use internet chat sites as weirdos... just fyi...

time for me to back away before I end up sounding and looking like you creeps.

MPH.jpg

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, concerned about it as much as ANY team in the majors would be. Even the ones without "long playoff runs"
How about we put a friendly wager on Sal Perez going on the DL this year? Anything you want. I am willing to bet anything he does.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to make a smaller bet on Volquez. As he threw more innings last season BY FAR... and he is going to be 33 this year...

Would be willing to put a small wager on Alex Gordon or Herrera to see the DL too if you like.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we put a friendly wager on Sal Perez going on the DL this year? Anything you want. I am willing to bet anything he does.

Until you pay your last wager (hopefully this fall) will pass on wagering again.

If I were to it would also include Iglesias (who hasn't seen a post season since 2013) of who goes on the DL first.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to make a smaller bet on Volquez. As he threw more innings last season BY FAR... and he is going to be 33 this year...

Would be willing to put a small wager on Alex Gordon or Herrera to see the DL too if you like.

lol, might as well include Sanchez who will be 32 this year or Verlander at 33.
or Miggy or Blaine Hardy.

Your really just not getting it....every team has injuries EVERY year, long post season runs or NOT.

Atlanta Braves last year

Atlanta Braves Injuries - 2015 Injury Report

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edinson threw 198 innings in 2014, more than he had ever pitched in any season of his career....2015 - no injury - instead threw 229 innings.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you pay your last wager (hopefully this fall) will pass on wagering again.

If I were to it would also include Iglesias (who hasn't seen a post season since 2013) of who goes on the DL first.
Iglesias got hit on his hand with a fast ball bums... come on... He has only been on the DL two times in his career and one time it was a freak accident. Not really a good example.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, might as well include Sanchez who will be 32 this year or Verlander at 33.
or Miggy or Blaine Hardy.

Your really just not getting it....every team has injuries EVERY year, long post season runs or NOT.

Atlanta Braves last year

Atlanta Braves Injuries - 2015 Injury Report
no... you aren't getting it.. you can bring Tigers players into it all you want... its your defense mechanism... because you are a Royals homer and can't take hearing negatives about the team... I wouldn't put a dime on any of the Tigers you listed not going on the DL... which is why I think the Indians win the central... The Tigers are the best team if healthy... but I am not willing to bet on that... I AM willing to bet on Sal Perez going on the DL though.. a lot. Anything you want... avatar bets... life time sportshoopla bans... money... anything. I will bet anything you want... Because its going to happen and you and I both know it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vegas had a prop bet on if Sal Perez would go on the DL in 2016... I would put 10k on it right now.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think added innings and extra games to an all ready heavy workload don't effect the health of a pitcher the next year... you are probably a part of a small minority of people that pay attention to baseball that think that.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums - either ignore the guy or tell him to fuck off. Why ANYONE bothers to carry on a conversation with him is beyond me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums - either ignore the guy or tell him to fuck off. Why ANYONE bothers to carry on a conversation with him is beyond me.
lol iffy... if you go to your profile and look at your recent posts.. everyone of them is directed at me from the last two days in some way, shape, or form.

I am starting to think you have a crush on me.

You come here to talk about sports or to see what I posted? Curious what motivates you to come here.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on badgering Bums, Vice. Maybe all your new friends will come back. LOL.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to 'Dislike' my posts....you might want to go tell your mommy that the big kids were picking on you. Maybe they will protect you.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on badgering Bums, Vice. Maybe all your new friends will come back. LOL.
Looks to me like bums and I are having a debate about baseball... if you don't like it get the fuck out... There is a thread where all the douches that were on this thread yesterday are at... you can go over there and talk about how you "owned"me yesterday... I am sure they would love to talk to you about that...

Or you can talk baseball here... Your choice. Bums doesn't seem to mind having a discussion with me... and I can guarantee he is a big boy and can take care of himself.. he doesn't need an old retired man in Arizona to back him up in a debate about sports.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iglesias got hit on his hand with a fast ball bums... come on... He has only been on the DL two times in his career and one time it was a freak accident. Not really a good example.

Sal Perez got hit in the hand with a bat - kept playing, Sal gets beat up a TON more than Jose,

I do agree though, Its not a good example because Perez plays a much more injury prone position but still completes seasons, Jose hasn't completed 1 yet.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sal Perez got hit in the hand with a bat - kept playing, Sal gets beat up a TON more than Jose,

I do agree though, Its not a good example because Perez plays a much more injury prone position but still completes seasons, Jose hasn't completed 1 yet.
Sal Perez got his in the hand with a bat.. but didn't break a bone in it... come on man. A 90+ mph fastball is going to do damage to a finger bone... unless you are a super hero.