• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. yes... he has... he was not injured in 2013... jesus fucking christ. he was still playing.. just in the minors.. your arguement was that he was injured.. he was not injured.

my argument is HE HASN"T COMPLETED A MLB SEASON...HE HASN"T, lol.

Like I said, Jose has just as good of odds of landing on the DL as Perez

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how'd he go 3-5 for the Red Sox on opening day in 2013?
lol

Entering 2013, Iglesias was ranked 96th on the MLB.com Top 100 Prospects list.[8] He started the season in Boston, going 9-for-20 with two doubles and one RBI in six games, but was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket after Stephen Drew was activated on April 10. He was recalled by the Red Sox on May 24 when third basemanWill Middlebrooks was placed on the DL. Iglesias excelled while splitting time between shortstop and third base, remaining in the starting lineup even after Middlebrooks returned from the DL. Despite being known primarily for his defense, Iglesias batted .420 for a stretch of over 100 at-bats after being recalled, including an 18-game hitting streak that was broken on June 19 against theTampa Bay Rays. For his efforts, he was named the American League Rookie of the Month for June. Iglesias started the 2013 season playing 63 games with a .330 batting average, a home run, and 19 RBIs while with Boston.

Detroit Tigers (2013–present)[edit]
2013[edit]
On July 30, Iglesias was traded to the Detroit Tigers in a three-team deal that sent Jake Peavy and Brayan Villarreal to the Boston Red Sox and Avisail García and Francellis Montas to the Chicago White Sox.[9] Iglesias chose jersey No. 1, making him the first Tigers player to wear it since Lou Whitakerretired in 1995.[10]

Iglesias drove in a run with a single in his very first game as a Tiger, on August 2, helping Detroit to a 2–1 win over the White Sox.[11] The next night, he hit his first home run as a Tiger, a solo shot to left field in the fourth inning.[12] Following the 50-game suspension given to Tigers starting shortstop Jhonny Peralta on August 5 for his connections to the South Florida Biogenesis clinic, Iglesias was named the Tigers new everyday shortstop.[13]

For the rest of the 2013 season with the Tigers, Iglesias batted .259 with 2 home runs, and 10 RBIs in 46 games. Overall in 2013, Iglesias hit .303 with 3 home runs and 29 RBIs in 109 games combined with both the Red Sox and Tigers. On the field, he committed 6 errors in 357 chances.

Regardless of his trade after the All-Star Break, Iglesias was part of the Tigers 25-man active roster for their postseason run. During the postseason, Iglesias batted .231 with an RBI. In Game 6 of the 2013 American League Championship Series, Iglesias was the final out of the series to strike out, resulting in the Tigers losing the series to the eventual World Series champ Boston Red Sox after 6 games.

Iglesias was named the 2013 Detroit Tigers/Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association Rookie of the Year. Iglesias finished second in the American League Rookie of the Year voting in 2013, being edged out by Wil Myers.[14]

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose makes 155 games in one season, I will count it as a complete season.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my argument is HE HASN"T COMPLETED A MLB SEASON...HE HASN"T, lol.

Like I said, Jose has just as good of odds of landing on the DL as Perez
by completed you must mean he hasn't played 162 games... you should reword that.. because the definition of completing doesn't mean what you are implying...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you play until the end of the season.. you complete the season... if you play until the last out of the playoff run... you completed the season...

that is by definition completing the season.

com·plete
kəmˈplēt/
verb
gerund or present participle: completing
  1. 1.
    finish making or doing.
    "he completed his Ph.D. in 1983"
    synonyms: finished, ended, concluded, completed, finalized; More

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Entering 2013, Iglesias was ranked 96th on the MLB.com Top 100 Prospects list.[8] He started the season in Boston, going 9-for-20 with two doubles and one RBI in six games, but was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket after Stephen Drew was activated on April 10. He was recalled by the Red Sox on May 24 when third basemanWill Middlebrooks was placed on the DL. Iglesias excelled while splitting time between shortstop and third base, remaining in the starting lineup even after Middlebrooks returned from the DL. Despite being known primarily for his defense, Iglesias batted .420 for a stretch of over 100 at-bats after being recalled, including an 18-game hitting streak that was broken on June 19 against theTampa Bay Rays. For his efforts, he was named the American League Rookie of the Month for June. Iglesias started the 2013 season playing 63 games with a .330 batting average, a home run, and 19 RBIs while with Boston.

Detroit Tigers (2013–present)[edit]
2013[edit]
On July 30, Iglesias was traded to the Detroit Tigers in a three-team deal that sent Jake Peavy and Brayan Villarreal to the Boston Red Sox and Avisail García and Francellis Montas to the Chicago White Sox.[9] Iglesias chose jersey No. 1, making him the first Tigers player to wear it since Lou Whitakerretired in 1995.[10]

Iglesias drove in a run with a single in his very first game as a Tiger, on August 2, helping Detroit to a 2–1 win over the White Sox.[11] The next night, he hit his first home run as a Tiger, a solo shot to left field in the fourth inning.[12] Following the 50-game suspension given to Tigers starting shortstop Jhonny Peralta on August 5 for his connections to the South Florida Biogenesis clinic, Iglesias was named the Tigers new everyday shortstop.[13]

For the rest of the 2013 season with the Tigers, Iglesias batted .259 with 2 home runs, and 10 RBIs in 46 games. Overall in 2013, Iglesias hit .303 with 3 home runs and 29 RBIs in 109 games combined with both the Red Sox and Tigers. On the field, he committed 6 errors in 357 chances.

Regardless of his trade after the All-Star Break, Iglesias was part of the Tigers 25-man active roster for their postseason run. During the postseason, Iglesias batted .231 with an RBI. In Game 6 of the 2013 American League Championship Series, Iglesias was the final out of the series to strike out, resulting in the Tigers losing the series to the eventual World Series champ Boston Red Sox after 6 games.

Iglesias was named the 2013 Detroit Tigers/Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association Rookie of the Year. Iglesias finished second in the American League Rookie of the Year voting in 2013, being edged out by Wil Myers.[14]

You're LOL'ing that you were wrong and then post info proving that you were wrong? You're a strange bird, dude guy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're LOL'ing that you were wrong and then post info proving that you were wrong? You're a strange bird, dude guy.
i was incorrect.. sorry.. he started the season because a player was on the DL.. and when that player came off the DL.. he was sent back down to the minors.. a normal thing for a 23 yr old prospect.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we are arguing when iglesias was a full time MLB player... instead of what this started off as.... injury concern.

lol.. you guys are fun.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was incorrect.. sorry.. he started the season because a player was on the DL.. and when that player came off the DL.. he was sent back down to the minors.. a normal thing for a 23 yr old prospect.

Absolutely normal. I was the one that pointed out he was in the minors in 2013 first. I was not admonishing him for it.

Go Little Ceasars!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice, this is why you are so ignorant...

120 - you know what that number is...the most games Jose has played in a season.

162 - that is how many games they play a season.

162-120= 42 games missed

Enrique Inglesis has NEVER COMPLETED a MLB season....
Was that a joke or did you really just fuck up Jose for Enrique?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely normal. I was the one that pointed out he was in the minors in 2013 first. I was not admonishing him for it.

Go Little Ceasars!
Its funny how you think that bothers me... Its spelled Caesars by the way.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, wrong or indifferent, he does have the reputation of being an injury risk. It is also true that his next full MLB season will be his first. We'll see how 2016 goes soon enough.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how you think that bothers me... Its spelled Caesars by the way.

I don't think it bothers you. That's me laughing at you. You'll defend a fucking pizza shop, which is fucking hysterical to me, so when you started defending Iglesias to me when I wasn't even saying anything negative, it reminded me of that.

I assure you, I give no fucks about the proper spelling of Little Ceasars.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the biggest indicator of future injury is past injury. Iglesias has had his share...
Didn't Perez tear a ligament in his knee? Pretty sure Perez has been on the DL at least twice in his career.. once for a concussion from a foul tip... once for his knee... sooooo

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it bothers you. That's me laughing at you. You'll defend a fucking pizza shop, which is fucking hysterical to me, so when you started defending Iglesias to me when I wasn't even saying anything negative, it reminded me of that.

I assure you, I give no fucks about the proper spelling of Little Ceasars.
defending? where?