• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 41s

Speaking of the #Bears: They still want to re-sign DE Israel Idonije and are trying to do so. Must fight off the #49ers to make it happen
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 41s

Speaking of the #Bears: They still want to re-sign DE Israel Idonije and are trying to do so. Must fight off the #49ers to make it happen
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

Hmmmm, Idonije is an intriguing option as the nickel pass rusher who replaces Brooks on those passing downs. He seemed to do alright opposite of Peppers and in front of Briggs. I feel like he should be able to produce with Smith and Smith on the other side drawing all the attention or even on the downs where he'd swap with Aldon and line up outside of Justin.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff 7m

Israel Idonije had a +17.8 rating last year. Played first 12 games as DE, then slid to DT for most of the last 4. 51 total pressures. #49ers
Retweeted by Matt Barrows
Expand

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff 2m

Idonije was 9th out of 43 in our Pass Rush Productivity Rating for 4-3 DE #49ers RT @Tyl49er: How does that rank?
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see David Boston 2.0

Haha, that is a pretty good example of a guy hitting the gym too hard and losing the agility, flexibility, and range of motion to play his position.

I was just thinking how ridiculous it would be to see a QB get as big as Boston was... that guys throwing motion would be goofy as hell, haha.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that is a pretty good example of a guy hitting the gym too hard and losing the agility, flexibility, and range of motion to play his position.

I was just thinking how ridiculous it would be to see a QB get as big as Boston was... that guys throwing motion would be goofy as hell, haha.

I can't post the picture but have you seen the one he posted on his twitter?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hate to see David Boston 2.0

DavidBoston2.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Good. Clean lifts. As long as he's not maxing out on those, clean lifts are good.

Just as long as he's avoiding too many chest & arm workouts. I've seen too many weight lifters screw their shoulders up.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good. Clean lifts. As long as he's not maxing out on those, clean lifts are good.

Just as long as he's avoiding too many chest & arm workouts. I've seen too many weight lifters screw their shoulders up.

Kaep shouldn't be working out so much. The dude is big enough. What is the point, what is he trying to achieve as a QB?

If anything he should spend more time on the mental part of the game, so he can come out of the gates faster. The only thing I can knock Kaep on is he comes out in game slowly, and usually starts peaking in the 2nd half. That's all mental.

The dude is plenty big enough, strong enough, fast enough.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaep shouldn't be working out so much. The dude is big enough. What is the point, what is he trying to achieve as a QB?

If anything he should spend more time on the mental part of the game, so he can come out of the gates faster. The only thing I can knock Kaep on is he comes out in game slowly, and usually starts peaking in the 2nd half. That's all mental.

The dude is plenty big enough, strong enough, fast enough.

How much time is he spending working on the mental part of the game?

I also agree he shouldn't work out so much. Same goes for the rest of the team. They're all big enough. How much bigger does Iupati need to be? He should stop working out so much too.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How much time is he spending working on the mental part of the game?

I also agree he shouldn't work out so much. Same goes for the rest of the team. They're all big enough. How much bigger does Iupati need to be? He should stop working out so much too.

Iupati's job the majority of the time is to push 300+ pound DL men out of the way to clear lanes for the RB. So I don't mind him working out as much as he likes to. You don't hear coach Harbaugh telling Iupati to stop working out.... but you do hear him telling Kaep not to get too jacked up.

I'd rather read news about Kaep studying the game like an obsessed maniac to the extent that someone like Peyton Manning does, rather than reading about him being obsessed with pumping iron. Maybe he does both? I don't know.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati's job the majority of the time is to push 300+ pound DL men out of the way to clear lanes for the RB. So I don't mind him working out as much as he likes to. You don't hear coach Harbaugh telling Iupati to stop working out.... but you do hear him telling Kaep not to get too jacked up.

I'd rather read news about Kaep studying the game like an obsessed maniac to the extent that someone like Peyton Manning does, rather than reading about him being obsessed with pumping iron. Maybe he does both? I don't know.

Kap, in a recent interview said the most underestimated part of his game is his mental strength - so I think we're good.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap, in a recent interview said the most underestimated part of his game is his mental strength - so I think we're good.

I believe it, the media gushed over Alex Smith and the 40 he got on the wonderlic. They always brought it up to say that he is a really smart guy. Kaep got a 37 and they almost never mention it.

But you know, maybe they always did that because they wanted to say something nice about Smith's game. With Kaep his athleticism and play on the field give them plenty to talk about so they don't need to dig deep to the wonderlic to say nice things.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it, the media gushed over Alex Smith and the 40 he got on the wonderlic. They always brought it up to say that he is a really smart guy. Kaep got a 37 and they almost never mention it.

But you know, maybe they always did that because they wanted to say something nice about Smith's game. With Kaep his athleticism and play on the field give them plenty to talk about so they don't need to dig deep to the wonderlic to say nice things.

Haha! Probably true.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers tinkering with the idea of Pat White as backup QB

2nd round draft pick of the Dolphins back in 2009

George Whitfield Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is some info on the QB Coach that White has been working with, he was an intern under Cam Cameron with the Chargers. In 2010 Roethlisberger went to work with him during his 4 week suspension, Cam Newton and Andrew Luck both worked with this guy before the draft, McNabb went to him in 2012 to try and get into better shape.

This dude isn't a miracle worker though, Akili Smith worked with this guy and well... we all know he never escaped his bust status.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Harbaugh can get Pat freekin' White to play well, he can do it waith anybody.