• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pat White's wkipedia page says he 6 feet tall and 190 pounds.
That is tiny for a QB.

Even Jeff Garcia is listed as 6'1" and 205. Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11" 206.

That ~15 extra pounds is a big difference.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pat White's wkipedia page says he 6 feet tall and 190 pounds.
That is tiny for a QB.

Even Jeff Garcia is listed as 6'1" and 205. Russell Wilson is listed at 5'11" 206.

That ~15 extra pounds is a big difference.

So what you're saying is that you'd have to be an imbecile to get excited about a 27 year old 6'0 190 pound QB who's never completed a pass in the NFL and has been out of the league since 2010?

Good point. Makes a lot of sense.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Iupati's job the majority of the time is to push 300+ pound DL men out of the way to clear lanes for the RB. So I don't mind him working out as much as he likes to. You don't hear coach Harbaugh telling Iupati to stop working out.... but you do hear him telling Kaep not to get too jacked up.

I'd rather read news about Kaep studying the game like an obsessed maniac to the extent that someone like Peyton Manning does, rather than reading about him being obsessed with pumping iron. Maybe he does both? I don't know.

You didn't answer the question though. How much time is Kaep spending on the mental part of the game.

And Iupati is big enough to play guard, just like Kaep is big enough to play QB. If one should stop working out, so should the other.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You didn't answer the question though. How much time is Kaep spending on the mental part of the game.

And Iupati is big enough to play guard, just like Kaep is big enough to play QB. If one should stop working out, so should the other.

I would guess a NFL guard should probably spend about 2x-3x the time lifting weights than a QB should. A QB should spend more time watching tape than a guard.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would guess a NFL guard should probably spend about 2x-3x the time lifting weights than a QB should. A QB should spend more time watching tape than a guard.

How much time does Kaep spend working on his mental game?

Does Iupati need to get bigger?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about James Harrison from PIT as depth at LB. I think if he comes cheap I would be okay with it. When healthy he was beast in PIT

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Williams:

Ran today first time since surgery and felt great #speed

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good post Chris, I agree with Supreme, looking at his avatar you can see how the Balt defender lead with his helmet. Crabs comment says it all, the lost was more of a feeling of sadness.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post Chris, I agree with Supreme, looking at his avatar you can see how the Balt defender lead with his helmet. Crabs comment says it all, the lost was more of a feeling of sadness.

Yep they where 15 yard penalties on the last two plays of the game for the offense. Not only did he lead with his helmet he launched himself upwards with his helmet. Then a no call on the PI in the endzone. We got jobed and the NFL should be ashamed.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them not making this call because it's biggest of big games. The problem is, they weren't consistent. They gave Torrey Smith that really weak call earlier in the game, but don't call this.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carson Palmer wouldn't mind joining Cardinals, 49ers

Though the Raiders are likely to make one final push to get Palmer to renegotiate in lieu of trading for the Seattle Seahawks' Matt Flynn, Palmer will continue to resist any such overtures, according to a person informed of Palmer's thinking.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because all talks were to remain private, said the Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers are atop the list of Palmer's preferred new employers.

I was one of not very many that I saw that wanted Palmer before the Raiders traded for him and I'd still have slight interest in seeing if they can get him relatively cheap ASSUMING the coaching staff doesn't have considerable concerns about having a QB that isn't similar to Kaepernick.

If it were myself running things I'd probably try to get somebody behind Kaepernick who has a skill set somewhat similar to Kaepernick but with this coaching staff they may not have those same concerns, desires or requirement. If those concerns don't exist or aren't real large then I could live with Palmer as a backup if he was good with it and came with a relatively cheap, short term price tag.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Branch:

Kendall Hunter (Achilles) is running & recovery ahead of schedule, per source close to #49ers RB. Will be ready for start of training camp

Beautiful. I still want Lacy somehow, someway. Lacy and Hunter being the main focal point of the offense in 2014. Assuming Hunter comes back well.