• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Okay, who would be our starting DBs if that were to happen?
Brown & Rogers would probably be the starting CBs. Cox could play #3 CB. Goldson & Culliver would be the starting safeties. This is unless another better option presented itself.

Also, not sure at this stage of his career that Seymour is able to play NT for us for 60 minutes.

He's not. I'd only put him there maybe 25% of the time at most. I'd want him primarily playing DE at either spot to keep a regular rotation of Justin, Ray & Richard. Maybe let Seymour play on 1st & 2nd down only. 1st down at LDE, 2nd down at NT & then come off the field on 3rd. The Niners would have done a lot better towards the end of the season if they had better depth on the DL to rotate in. I don't want any of the DL to play all 60 minutes this season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown & Rogers would probably be the starting CBs. Cox could play #3 CB. Goldson & Culliver would be the starting safeties. This is unless another better option presented itself.

He's not. I'd only put him there maybe 25% of the time at most. I'd want him primarily playing DE at either spot to keep a regular rotation of Justin, Ray & Richard. Maybe let Seymour play on 1st & 2nd down only. 1st down at LDE, 2nd down at NT & then come off the field on 3rd. The Niners would have done a lot better towards the end of the season if they had better depth on the DL to rotate in. I don't want any of the DL to play all 60 minutes this season.

Now it's clearer. I'd be comfortable with that approach.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Goldson isn't tagged
February, 5, 2013 2:16PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

Last offseason, the San Francisco 49ers failed to reach a multi-year agreement with impending free agent S Dashon Goldson, and instead used the franchise tag on him to prevent other teams from signing him away. After another solid campaign in the red and gold, Goldson believes that he proved it in his "prove it" campaign of 2012, and doesn't deserve a second-straight tag.

"I felt that they wanted me to prove myself, and I think I did just that," he declared Tuesday, per the Sacramento Bee. "So if I was in the position again with the franchise tag, I'd be very surprised."

The Niners have dished out lucrative, long-term deals to LBs Ahmad Brooks, Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman recently, and one will likely be on the way for Aldon Smith before much longer. Whether there's room in the budget for such a pact with Goldson is unclear. If Goldson does not re-sign with San Francisco (or get tagged), he should find a good market for his services, given his aptitude both in run support and pass coverage. Teams such as the Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Bengals, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Lions and Panthers are all in need of safety help to some degree, though some of those franchises are not typically known to spend big on veteran free agents.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok in don't know about this tuff as much as you guys. But I think that letting Whitner walk and saving around $4 million? and move Goldson to SS. Have Cully move to FS or sign Bryd in FA. Then Let Soap go. Resign RJF. And sign Desmond Bryant from Oakland.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok in don't know about this tuff as much as you guys. But I think that letting Whitner walk and saving around $4 million? and move Goldson to SS. Have Cully move to FS or sign Bryd in FA. Then Let Soap go. Resign RJF. And sign Desmond Bryant from Oakland.

I know everyone wants Whitner gone but it won't happen

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What do you guys think about Richardson from Mizzou. Again, I don't follow much outside of tOSU, and I know reading scouting reports doesn't mean much, but i keep seeing high motor and quick burst. What are your thoughts? Would we be able to move up to around 15 to grab him?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? I am a buckeye fan and was happy we grabbed whitner. But he is bad in coverage. And he was targeted just like Cully was.

Last year of contact fairly cheap pro bowl I just don't see it

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the contracts on the OL looking?

We just had one of the best olines in football and I would like to keep it that way for years to come.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do you guys think about Richardson from Mizzou.

He's my 2nd favourite player in teh entire draft. Only 21 years old, very athletic; played great against an NFL caliber OL at Alabama (despite the score). High ceiling.

His up-side puts him slightly ahead of John Hankins, who is my 3rd favourite potential 49ers. Lotulelei is my 3rd ranked DT (always thought he was a little overrated).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a couple of different reactions to this. First, it was Hell yeah! Don't waste any time dude! Go to work. However, that's a long time to train before the season even begins. He's going to need to rest his body and his mind at some point. Sometimes when you over work yourself you need to step away from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I love his dedication, though. Good for him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a couple of different reactions to this. First, it was Hell yeah! Don't waste any time dude! Go to work. However, that's a long time to train before the season even begins. He's going to need to rest his body and his mind at some point. Sometimes when you over work yourself you need to step away from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. I love his dedication, though. Good for him.

It likely will not be the same intensity as a in-season or organized off-season practice, even with Kaep's drive and competitiveness, so maybe load might be needed to lessen, but earlier the better?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith's return timeline
February, 5, 2013 7:48AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

After sustaining a triceps injury in the San Francisco 49ers' win over the New England Patriots back on Dec. 16, Niners DL Justin Smith was clearly not playing at full capacity during the postseason run, and he has elected to undergo surgery this week in order to correct the problem. So when should he be expected to be back in action?

According to what a source has revealed to Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, Smith's rehabilitation will last approximately three months. That will push him past much of the early offseason program for San Francisco, but will have him ready to roll by the time training camp begins in late July.

There had been some rumors that Smith was pondering retirement, but given how quickly he's making moves to fix his arm, it would appear he's concerned with getting back on the field as quickly as possible.

Definitely not with our loss. He wouldn't leave now, not that I believed he would leave with a loss.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I can't believe Andy Lee is making over $4 million next season, which is more than PATRICK WILLIS!!!*

*(I realize Willis' contract extension was masterfully crafted to pay him $17 million last season when SF was flush with cash as a way to average out paying him so little in 2013.... I'm just saying it is a silly idea to think of Lee getting a bigger check than Willis. Ever.)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats everyone think about jacoby jones? Dude was playing great ball in the playoffs. He could easily be our return man and offers a better deep WR threat then ginn ever did.

He may become a cap casualty in Baltimore

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whats everyone think about jacoby jones? Dude was playing great ball in the playoffs. He could easily be our return man and offers a better deep WR threat then ginn ever did.

He may become a cap casualty in Baltimore

I don't want him on my team.