• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Listening to Cleveland sports radio and they said that they expect Phil Taylor to be traded. Yes or no? They think they can get a 2nd for him.

Why would they do that? That's strange. A 2nd is too much. I wouldn't even give a 3rd for him, but he would certainly be considered an upgrade over Soap.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is what is left in this FA for me:

Sign DHB
Sign Huff
Sign Landry
Sign Sean Smith

Cut Whitner
Cut Haralyson

Is Landry really that much of an upgrade over Whitner?
Besides looking better with his shirt off and being able to bench press more, how else is he an upgrade? Neither of them can cover.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why would they do that? That's strange. A 2nd is too much. I wouldn't even give a 3rd for him, but he would certainly be considered an upgrade over Soap.

Because thy said they have too many D lineman. They signed Desmond Bryant yesterday and thought that Taylor would be expendable. I have no idea what he is worth, just what the radio heads were saying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Listening to Cleveland sports radio and they said that they expect Phil Taylor to be traded. Yes or no? They think they can get a 2nd for him.

I'd prefer drafting Hankins.

I wonder why they want to trade him. I know there were injury concerns with him coming ouy of Baylor.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to know what the hell is going on with Sean Smith. It seems like no one can track this guy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maiocco:

Alex Smith: "I made it clear to the 49ers that I wanted to play." He said he wanted to play for the Chiefs "and it wasn't even close."

----------

Matt Barrows:

Alex Smith told #49ers he wasn't ready to be a backup, and when they started looking at potential trades, "everything pointed here," to KC.

Andy Reid on following Alex Smith since he was at Utah: "I did inquire about him periodically with the 49ers."

-------------------

Mindi Bach:

Alex Smith: "I made it very clear to the #49ers that I wanted to play...they made it clear they were not going to release me...

Smith: "You see the talent that is here. You see the potential...This is a place I looked at that had the makings & wanted to be a part of"

Ried: Smith has run offenses very similar "to ours" and done it at a high level...one of the smarter QBs in the league and does a lot at LOS

----------------

Cam Inman:

Andy Reid on Alex Smith: He was someone where if I had the chance I wanted him on my team. I inquired about him periodically with the 49ers

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
DHB is alot of fun to think about but I would think he can get a whole lot more playing time and more/better money elsewhere pretty easily.....I would think? Just so he doesn't end up in NE to replace Lloyd.

Whatever someone else offers, the Niners need to beat in terms of both size and length of the contract. I say sign him for 4 or 5 years. The Bear investor in me is loving this possibility because I think DHB's market value is at the lowest point it's ever going to be right now.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be all over Kerry Rhodes like immediately.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to know what the hell is going on with Sean Smith. It seems like no one can track this guy.

Reading the tea leaves he has priced himself out of our range hence the interest in Nnamdi.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHB market value is pretty low I'd sign him for a 24 pack of Colt 45 with incentives if he manages to catch more than he drops...

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have signed defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey to a two-year contact:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't shoot the messenger.....Pioli and Sapp both say they really like SFOs moves so far.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: Dorsey said he had no problem playing NT in the 49ers' 3-4 scheme. "I'm ok with everything. Whatever coaches want me to do, honestly."

All8up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know the terms of the Dorsey contract?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone know the terms of the Dorsey contract?

The 49ers announced the signing of defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey to a two-year contract on Wednesday. The deal can be worth as much as $7 million with incentives, the AP reported.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good article about Dorsey and just our team atmosphere here:
Dorsey ready to compete for spot on D-line | CSN Bay Area

""It's a positive atmosphere," Dorsey said. "Everybody is working hard and talking to each other. And you can feel it when you walk into the building. It's like a big family. Everybody is high-fiving each other, talking to each other. It's a different environment than what I'm used to. I'm excited about it and I'm excited to get going."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 49ers announced the signing of defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey to a two-year contract on Wednesday. The deal can be worth as much as $7 million with incentives, the AP reported.

Initially ready that as $17 million. I was like, "WHAAAAAAAT???" Up to $7 million with incentives is fine by me. He's got a chance to really blossom on this DL.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good article about Dorsey and just our team atmosphere here:
Dorsey ready to compete for spot on D-line | CSN Bay Area

""It's a positive atmosphere," Dorsey said. "Everybody is working hard and talking to each other. And you can feel it when you walk into the building. It's like a big family. Everybody is high-fiving each other, talking to each other. It's a different environment than what I'm used to. I'm excited about it and I'm excited to get going."

If this works out like I'm hoping it will we may have got the biggest bang for our buck in FA this year. Dorsey has always been one of my favorite players.