• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers-Giants GWT

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think if Bradshaw is out we see Aldon Smith more on first and second downs? Especially late? Wouldn't be a bad strategy and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

We could almost stay in the nickel against them with Bradshaw out to stick DB's on their TE's.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think if Bradshaw is out we see Aldon Smith more on first and second downs? Especially late? Wouldn't be a bad strategy and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

We could almost stay in the nickel against them with Bradshaw out to stick DB's on their TE's.

That's kind of my thinking. I think our pass rush struggled against Washington because Aldon wasn't out there. But if we don't need Parys to hold the edge against outside runs, I'm hoping we'll see more of Aldon. That could backfire and they may try to run up the middle, but that plays into our strengths and, especially given their interior OL, I don't worry about that.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True but so far this year we've not seen that from Alex. He's taking shots and still coming back to stand in the pocket and deliver good passes while taking another. He's not really seemed to get rattled so far this year.

I'm more worried our early season OLine problems come back to haunt us. If they fail to get off on their blocks then our running game is going no where, and if they are not run blocking then I fear for how the pass blocking goes.

I'm also worried about our pass defense against good passing games and the Giants have one this year. We failed to really get after John Beck after he just took 10 sacks to the Bills. If we can't get to Eli he will shred us apart.

Then again it's Eli and like Alex you have to wonder when the turnovers will come back to him. He could end up fumbling and throwing 3 Int's against us just as easily had could throw for 400 yards and 4 TD's.

sigh.... such a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde aspect to both teams.

Me too. I used to hate to see the 49er secondary keep backing up against a good passer and let the receivers pick them apart just so they wouldn't get burned deep. This year seems a little better but I still worry about the lack of speed in the secondary.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's kind of my thinking. I think our pass rush struggled against Washington because Aldon wasn't out there. But if we don't need Parys to hold the edge against outside runs, I'm hoping we'll see more of Aldon. That could backfire and they may try to run up the middle, but that plays into our strengths and, especially given their interior OL, I don't worry about that.

Yep. Bowman and Willis will be lickin' their chops after cleaning that up.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something else I was thinking about with Bradshaw out: no real concern about screen passes. That was something the Skins actually used effectively last week, granted we basically gave them the short stuff because we knew they'd make a mistake if we gave them enough time (ironically enough, very much the way teams have defended us over the past several years).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else I was thinking about with Bradshaw out: no real concern about screen passes. That was something the Skins actually used effectively last week, granted we basically gave them the short stuff because we knew they'd make a mistake if we gave them enough time (ironically enough, very much the way teams have defended us over the past several years).

Yeah that's true... Jacobs isn't a screener but maybe Ware? don't know how much action he'll see.

I wonder what the Giants will do gameplan wise? maybe try to force the run to catch the niners off guard?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When you click on broadcast areas, like that cut out for the El Centro area it pops up which station is broadcasting. It seems that El Centro gets its local channels from Yuma.

Thanks threebirds...will take a look, I have cable...with no antenna where I am staying...probably head to a local sports bar to get this one.