• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who do you back? Craw or FZ?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who do you back? Craw or FZ?
I don’t like FZ…but in this case he was in a no win situation. He brings back Craw on a contract like Ahmed and then unceremoniously dumps him at the close of spring training, he’s a bad guy too. I love Craw, and he deserves to sound off on frustrations. But I have a hard time pinning this one on Zaidi even though I’d love to lol. :heh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like FZ…but in this case he was in a no win situation. He brings back Craw on a contract like Ahmed and then unceremoniously dumps him at the close of spring training, he’s a bad guy too. I love Craw, and he deserves to sound off on frustrations. But I have a hard time pinning this one on Zaidi even though I’d love to lol. :heh:
I don’t know about that. I think most fans understand Craw is done, so if he didn’t make the team, that would be understandable. And he would have his ceremonial final spring. And reportedly (by Craw himself), Craw would have been vocal about being a bench player BEHIND Lucy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beck is going under the knife Monday. No return expectations yet. I think a 60-day assignment is pretty obvious at this point, though.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. There is no guarantee Craw makes it through the season in STL without getting cut.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about that. I think most fans understand Craw is done, so if he didn’t make the team, that would be understandable. And he would have his ceremonial final spring. And reportedly (by Craw himself), Craw would have been vocal about being a bench player BEHIND Lucy.
I’d rather remember the good times, than watch him struggle like last year (or worse). I was happy I got to see him pitch at Oracle last year, and that was a good enough send off for me as I figured it was his last hurrah as should most Giants fans. I’m ok with Craw stating he’d play behind folks, but I don’t want him on the team. If he wants to coach Lucy from the bench…as a coach, I’m ok with it.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one has me torn and, as much as I hate to admit it, leaning toward Farhan on this one. Crawford looks done. Maybe he'll surprise us (again) and show he can handle a reserve role at 37 years old. However, I think it was good for the Giants to move on. Just wish it would have been under mutual agreement.

In the Atlantic article, Crawford does bring up a good point on countering the reason why FZ didn't want to bring him back - lack of versatility. It is curious that he would use that as a reason when FZ was ready to put Crawford at 3rd base full time last offseason. On top of that, the guy whom the Giants did bring in to possible fill that role, Nick Ahmed, is basically the younger version of Crawford (Ahmed did play 2 games at 2nd in his rookie season but that is it for defensive versatility).

Once again, FZ does look like he's not being honest in his explanation. He should have been straightforward that the team was going to offload the most severe underperformers from 2023 and offered Crawford a special coaching position, which would have worked well with Crawford's stated intent to help the younger guys. That would have put a lot less pressure on them to perform or have the press and fans calling for Crawford to play more if any of them did not perform well or if Crawford did perform better.

I get that Crawford wants to keep playing for his kids (he stated that the older ones cajoled him into continuing his career) and I am happy a team is willing to give him a guaranteed roster spot (which is very surprising). I wish him well.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source within the San Francisco Giants believes the team is firming as favorites in its pursuit of Blake Snell. The two parties are currently much closer than Snell is with the New York Yankees, and a deal could be reached within the next 24-48 hours. Will the Yankees counter?

Good grief, let's pray this is a 3 year deal and not a 7 year fiasco.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford simply was not good enough to take a spot on the team. FZ maybe didn’t word it right but Crawford had enough chances. He should have played better last year but his body and mind would not let him.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source within the San Francisco Giants believes the team is firming as favorites in its pursuit of Blake Snell. The two parties are currently much closer than Snell is with the New York Yankees, and a deal could be reached within the next 24-48 hours. Will the Yankees counter?

Amen brother.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd place my bet that SF is going with a 3 year deal. Makes more sense for us. If the NYY do counter I would think it would be with a 7 year package with a little less money per year. Just hope this is another Aaron Judge rerun where we are just being used for leverage. Still would prefer Monty but don't see that happening ...

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this line of reasoning. What worries me somewhat is that Craw's interpretation of events is not the same as FZ. I dont think that FZ disliked Craw but I'm not too sure about how honest his interactions are with people. It will be interesting to see what FZ does if Hicks implodes as a starter. How long of a lesh will he really allow. I seem to remember some other pitchers promised a starting role and that didn't quite work out

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this line of reasoning. What worries me somewhat is that Craw's interpretation of events is not the same as FZ. I dont think that FZ disliked Craw but I'm not too sure about how honest his interactions are with people. It will be interesting to see what FZ does if Hicks implodes as a starter. How long of a lesh will he really allow. I seem to remember some other pitchers promised a starting role and that didn't quite work out
Wood, Strippling, Mannoa…

To defend FZ, though, all three of those guys were horrible and rightfully had their starting jobs taken from them.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood, Strippling, Mannoa…

To defend FZ, though, all three of those guys were horrible and rightfully had their starting jobs taken from them.
Except most of them were yo yo’d pretty early in the season between starting and relief. They weren’t given that long (some less than others) to truly earn the demotions. So I don’t think those were performance based as much as FZ experimenting at their expense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd place my bet that SF is going with a 3 year deal. Makes more sense for us. If the NYY do counter I would think it would be with a 7 year package with a little less money per year. Just hope this is another Aaron Judge rerun where we are just being used for leverage. Still would prefer Monty but don't see that happening ...
I don't think the Yanks can counter a 3 year deal with their payroll; agree that they'd have to go 7 and I'm not sure they'd do that.

Good news: we shouldn't be signing him to a long term deal. 3/105 with opt outs is my guess.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18M aav isn’t bad. Even if he somewhat stumbles, he won’t be an albatross. Pretty much means JD will likely be traded, though.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Glad it is only 3 years, but now we will lose our best spring training hitter. Two opts meaning we might not have him or Davis after October.