• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Rosterbation

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated expectations (opening 28)…

SP (5/5 Locked)

Webb (R)
Rodon (L)
Disco (R)
Wood (L)
Cobb (R)

Bully (6/9)

Doval (R)
McGee (L)
Rogers (R)
Alvarez (L)
Garcia (L)
Leone (R)

3 open slots

Junis (R)
Brebbia (R)
Beede (R) (out of options)
Littell (R) (out of options)
Castro (R)

Catcher (2/2 Locked)

Bart
Cassali

Inf (4/6)

Belt
La Stella (possible IL)
Crawford
Flores

IL

Longoria

2 open spot

Estrada (out of options)
Dubon (out of options)
Blandino (NRI)
Krizan (NRI)

OF (4/5)

Yaz
Wade (possible IL)
Pedo
Ruf

1 open spot

Slater (has option)
Duggar (out of options)

With Longo going down, that probably saves Dubon. Prob is that Dubon isn’t much of a 3B. I am not sure where Krizan or Blandino sit on the 3B depth chart.
Wade is on the IL, so Slater and DigDug both make it I think. Alos, Tyro is about a lock to make it, and with Longo on the IL I'd expect Doobie to make it.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we sit 9 days away from the season's start, and I still can't figure out what to expect from this team. These damn injuries aren't making the decisions any easier either. I never expected (nor did anyone else) to have a 107 win team in 2021. I don't expect to see that again this year either. We weren't a 'fluke' last year. You don't win 107 games by luck or by being 'fluky'. But .... IMHO we did overachieve as a team. Can't expect that again. Just not sure what to expect ....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we sit 9 days away from the season's start, and I still can't figure out what to expect from this team. These damn injuries aren't making the decisions any easier either. I never expected (nor did anyone else) to have a 107 win team in 2021. I don't expect to see that again this year either. We weren't a 'fluke' last year. You don't win 107 games by luck or by being 'fluky'. But .... IMHO we did overachieve as a team. Can't expect that again. Just not sure what to expect ....
And the big wildcard, to me, is catcher. I'm excited to see how Bart does but even if he's good in his first full campaign, that may pale in comparison to Posey's work. That could reverberate into the pitching staff. Maybe the pitching last year is relatively independent of Posey's game calling, receiving and staff management skills but it would be silly to think that the transition won't have an impact. I just don't know how big.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is on the IL, so Slater and DigDug both make it I think. Alos, Tyro is about a lock to make it, and with Longo on the IL I'd expect Doobie to make it.
I think Vosler makes it if LaStella isn't ready for the start of the season. However, Krizan or Blandino may get a shot. I expect Beede to get dfa'd so that will open a roster spot for one of them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wade officially on the IL?

I agree about Ponch and Doobs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vosler makes it if LaStella isn't ready for the start of the season. However, Krizan or Blandino may get a shot. I expect Beede to get dfa'd so that will open a roster spot for one of them.
Hate to see first rounders get punted, but it might be time for Beede.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still look back at last year’s team and don’t see 107 wins. I don’t understand this game anymore.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see first rounders get punted, but it might be time for Beede.
I don't know if he's gotten any minor league spring training games in but his 2 appearances with the big club have looked awful this spring. He wasn't good last year and doesn't look good this year. It may be time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final guess…

SP - Webb, Rodon, Disco, Wood, Cobb
RP - Doval, McGee, Alvarez, Garcia, Leone, Rogers, Littell, Long
C - Bart, Caselli
Inf - Belt, Estrada, Crawford, Flores, La Stella, Dubon
OF - Pederson, Yaz, Ruf, Duggar, Williams, Slater

15-day - Wade, Longoria
60-day - Boyd

Cut - Beede (he gown)

Duggar and Dubon are both seriously on the bubble.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters shrink within the week.

Wade and Yaz should be coming off the IL in that time. Because of Yaz’s sudden diagnosis, the roster atm is only at 27, so that “helps”. I have not heard anything regarding La Stella or Longo’s status. Cobb and Disco should not be sidelined for that long.

So 1 will need to be dropped from the current roster before Wade/Yaz are addressed. My WAG is that will be Vosler getting sent down. For Wade and Yaz, I think Gonzo gets optioned and Doobie gets DFA’d. I think there is at least a chance Doobie clears waivers. I think he probably has a bad rep around the league for being a moron.

So now we need to deal with Cobb/Disco. Marte is an easy option. Junis is probably the other one, even though he looked awesome yesterday.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade and Yaz should be coming off the IL in that time. Because of Yaz’s sudden diagnosis, the roster atm is only at 27, so that “helps”. I have not heard anything regarding La Stella or Longo’s status. Cobb and Disco should not be sidelined for that long.

So 1 will need to be dropped from the current roster before Wade/Yaz are addressed. My WAG is that will be Vosler getting sent down. For Wade and Yaz, I think Gonzo gets optioned and Doobie gets DFA’d. I think there is at least a chance Doobie clears waivers. I think he probably has a bad rep around the league for being a moron.

So now we need to deal with Cobb/Disco. Marte is an easy option. Junis is probably the other one, even though he looked awesome yesterday.
I think they shrink on Sunday the first. Stars and Longo are both at least a couple weeks away; Longo probably a month. Agree on Vosler. For Wade and Yaz, probably LuGon and Beede, but maybe Doobie. Junior is easy as you say, hopefully the second is Beede and not Jew2.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they shrink on Sunday the first. Stars and Longo are both at least a couple weeks away; Longo probably a month. Agree on Vosler. For Wade and Yaz, probably LuGon and Beede, but maybe Doobie. Junior is easy as you say, hopefully the second is Beede and not Jew2.
I think Doobie is the easier DFA than Beede. Beede has actually looked pretty good in his outings, and we are not as deep in the pitching department as we are in the position player department.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Doobie is the easier DFA than Beede. Beede has actually looked pretty good in his outings, and we are not as deep in the pitching department as we are in the position player department.
The rosters technically have to be at 26 on May 2nd so teams have until the 1st to decide what to do.

I believe that once the rosters go down to 26 the rule that teams cannot carry more than 13 (or 14, cannot remember the max) pitchers goes into effect, so one of the cuts may well be a pitcher, likely Marte getting optioned but Junis is also a possibility.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is 13 pitchers.

speaking of: Kap announced that Long starts tomorrow in MIL, Rodon the first game vs the A'ss on Tuesday. Who starts Wednesday? Beede? Junis?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is 13 pitchers.

speaking of: Kap announced that Long starts tomorrow in MIL, Rodon the first game vs the A'ss on Tuesday. Who starts Wednesday? Beede? Junis?
Junis has been used as a starter/opener in Sacramento, so I would guess that he starts Wednesday and is sent down (assuming no one else gets hurt by then) on May 2nd.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is 13 pitchers.

Junis has been used as a starter/opener in Sacramento, so I would guess that he starts Wednesday and is sent down (assuming no one else gets hurt by then) on May 2nd.
By the way, thanks, tzill, for clarifying on that rule.

Once Yaz is healthy (probably in a day or two, at long as he is not running a fever), the roster goes back to 28 players. Of those 28, 15 pitchers. Two have to be removed by May 2nd. Junis and Marte are my guesses who get sent down (barring further injuries).

Once Wade is ready, Vosler gets optioned. Assuming LaStella or Longoria are ready by then two, and there are no other injuries, then someone needs to be dfa'd. Dubon becomes a lot more valuable with Duggar gone for a couple of months. It may be Luis Gonzalez who becomes a dfa casualty (a bit redundant with Wade).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMJ is reportedly in LA. No real rumors past that, but there really isn’t any known explanation for his being there except his joining the team for Tuesday.