• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Rosterbation

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very much so of the mindset that MLB is a business first, and that players need to buck up and understand that. But at the same time, if org A treats players like people and understand the realities of life, and org B views players as widgets, org B is going to have a very hard time attracting FAs when competing with org A. And they will have a hard time KEEPING their own FAs (see Rodon, Carlos).

And what sucks is that the Giants have (had?) a rep as being very player/family friendly. Their attachment to their history (Mays, McCovey, Clark, Kruk, Kuip, etc) was one of the reasons I became a part of the lunatic fringe. This new Moneyball philosophy is making me seriously question my very fandom of the team. This current regime is laundry only. I don’t want to root for a corporate entity.
I will be curious as to the historical treatment of Barry Bonds by the Giants organization.

If Gaylord Perry gets a statue, I imagine Juan Marichal will get one as well. Likely Buster Posey when the time comes. But whither Barry Bonds (I understand the was a Barry Bronze effort some time back)?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be curious as to the historical treatment of Barry Bonds by the Giants organization.

If Gaylord Perry gets a statue, I imagine Juan Marichal will get one as well. Likely Buster Posey when the time comes. But whither Barry Bonds (I understand the was a Barry Bronze effort some time back)?
Who's going to tell him?

Unknown.jpeg

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Busters be as C or 3B?

:heh:

And I admit, I was all on board to moving Buster to 3rd if he was open to it. I think he would have rocked it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Johnson likely going to the IL and Conforto possibly going to the IL (I haven’t heard anything…. Just extrapolating), what will be the corresponding moves?

I would guess Beatty would be the first call up.

The second will be harder.

Matos is already on the 40, and is hitting well so far in Richmond. But his ’22 was soooo bad, I think he needs to do more to earn his cuppo. That is really the only option on the 40. I think there are 2 options for 40 adds, Sanchez and Bailey. Because Sabol is also an OFer, adding a C is a potential add as well. We really don’t have a 1B ready for a call up, so utilizing Wade’s OF flexibility doesnt help much (MAYBE Wisely or Wilson because of Flores?).

But if we add to the 40, who do we remove from the 40? Long? Ruf?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Johnson likely going to the IL and Conforto possibly going to the IL (I haven’t heard anything…. Just extrapolating), what will be the corresponding moves?

I would guess Beatty would be the first call up.

The second will be harder.

Matos is already on the 40, and is hitting well so far in Richmond. But his ’22 was soooo bad, I think he needs to do more to earn his cuppo. That is really the only option on the 40. I think there are 2 options for 40 adds, Sanchez and Bailey. Because Sabol is also an OFer, adding a C is a potential add as well. We really don’t have a 1B ready for a call up, so utilizing Wade’s OF flexibility doesnt help much (MAYBE Wisely or Wilson because of Flores?).

But if we add to the 40, who do we remove from the 40? Long? Ruf?
I was not aware that two more outfielders were injured. Yikes!
The remaining position players on the 40 man roster are Beaty, Diaz (currently on the 7 day IL with the RiverCats), Wisely, Luciano (currently on the 6 day IL with the Flying Squirrels) and Matos. So, really, it would probably be Beaty and Wisely. The only other outfielders in AAA are Clint Coulter, Michael Giglotti, and Shane Matheny. I don't see the Giants purchasing any of their contracts. However, the Giants could still move Luke Jackson to the 60 day IL in order to make room for one of them or Gary Sanchez.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not aware that two more outfielders were injured. Yikes!
The remaining position players on the 40 man roster are Beaty, Diaz (currently on the 7 day IL with the RiverCats), Wisely, Luciano (currently on the 6 day IL with the Flying Squirrels) and Matos. So, really, it would probably be Beaty and Wisely. The only other outfielders in AAA are Clint Coulter, Michael Giglotti, and Shane Matheny. I don't see the Giants purchasing any of their contracts. However, the Giants could still move Luke Jackson to the 60 day IL in order to make room for one of them or Gary Sanchez.
Jackson was moved to the 60 to make room for Wynn

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Jackson was moved to the 60 but to make room for Johnson
Thank you. There are so many transactions, it is hard to keep them all straight.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. There are so many transactions, it is hard to keep them all straight.
I count 27 individual transactions from March 30th forward. They were done in 7 different days. The only games where there have not been transactions are April 3rd, April 5th-7th and April 11th.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb was going to be an Arb2 this coming off season, so the Giants bought 3 FA years with this deal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3