• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marks need to stop being a pussy. Gave in to KD and Bridges demands
And according to @The Q he gave into Harden’s demand for only Philly. It’s just an unserious franchise.

It is pretty sweet to root against Jay Wright Fags again though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we get more blockbusters tonight or will it be pretty quiet until free agency starts?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston wasn't offering what NY did.
Yes they were and they did. And they could actually offer young players going back in the deal unlike the corpse of Boggy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why it is a good deal for the Nets:

4 unprotected firsts + a 2028 swap option and a protected first from the Bucks.

That is a massive haul for a good, not great player who is a 2nd/3rd option on a good team type.

Another thing to consider for those who think the Knicks are going to be good for a long time:

Ages will be for next season

Jalen Brunson: age 28 - due for a massive raise after this season assuming he declines his player option

OG Anunoby: 27 - due for a major raise this season assuming the Knicks resign him

Josh Hart: 30 - team friendly contract through 2028

Divencenzo: 28 - team friendly contract through 2027

Mikal Bridges: 28 - will be due for a big raise after 2026 season

Julius Randle: 30 - probably gone after this year if not before

These guys are all vets. I expect them to be very good in the short term. But if Thibodeau does his normal Thibs things, the wheels could fall off sooner than later.

And after they pay Brunson, and assuming they pay OG…

Their window is about 3 years IMO.

Very real chance the Knicks are blowing it up before 2028.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ingram gets traded tonight
Fuck
My
Life

I feel like he’s gonna be a Sixer. I wanted a two way guy and he’s a cone. If Ingram is the dude, the cap hold on Melton becomes paramount.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn’t the best package especially when you don’t get a young player in the deal

I disagree.

A huge part of the value is the ability to bottom out in the short term and build a young core who will grow together.

If you have 1 guy who comes due for a big pay raise while your team still sucks, that creates difficult decisions unless that player is a bona fide star. Which is rare.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck
My
Life

I feel like he’s gonna be a Sixer. I wanted a two way guy and he’s a cone. If Ingram is the dude, the cap hold on Melton becomes paramount.

Right now he’s cheap enough to make it work

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they won’t bc they will trade those picks for a star once they are tired of losing for 3-4 years. Rinse and repeat. Banking on picks for 5-7 years in time to rebuild is crazy. This franchise is a joke

If they do that then they are stupid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why it is a good deal for the Nets:

4 unprotected firsts + a 2028 swap option and a protected first from the Bucks.

That is a massive haul for a good, not great player who is a 2nd/3rd option on a good team type.

Another thing to consider for those who think the Knicks are going to be good for a long time:

Ages will be for next season

Jalen Brunson: age 28 - due for a massive raise after this season assuming he declines his player option

OG Anunoby: 27 - due for a major raise this season assuming the Knicks resign him

Josh Hart: 30 - team friendly contract through 2028

Divencenzo: 28 - team friendly contract through 2027

Mikal Bridges: 28 - will be due for a big raise after 2026 season

Julius Randle: 30 - probably gone after this year if not before

These guys are all vets. I expect them to be very good in the short term. But if Thibodeau does his normal Thibs things, the wheels could fall off sooner than later.

And after they pay Brunson, and assuming they pay OG…

Their window is about 3 years IMO.

Very real chance the Knicks are blowing it up before 2028.
Why are they blowing it up if they aren’t in control of their picks? You can do this with every team that would have been involved for Bridges over the last 18 months. The Nets turned down 4 picks from the Grizzlies. Look what that would have been now! The Nets fucked this up. They waited a long time to get what they were offered (4 picks) in the first place. You’re trying to put lipstick on a pig. Yet again, the Nets front office got run. Pushed around by Harden. Pushed around by Kyrie. Pushed around by KD. And now pushed around by Bridges.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he’s cheap enough to make it work
He’s at 36 I think. This is the last year of his deal. I’d rather be a rebuilding team and run a bidding war for his services at the deadline than to be the Sixers settling for what was likely their 3rd or 4th best option this off season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they were and they did. And they could actually offer young players going back in the deal unlike the corpse of Boggy.

He is an expiring contract.

Does not hurt the Nets taking him on in any way.

Don’t need to get young players when you are trying to bottom out.

This deal along with the Houston trade could set the Nets up for an OKC like future if they
Can be patient.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they blowing it up if they aren’t in control of their picks? You can do this with every team that would have been involved for Bridges over the last 18 months. The Nets turned down 4 picks from the Grizzlies. Look what that would have been now! The Nets fucked this up. They waited a long time to get what they were offered (4 picks) in the first place. You’re trying to put lipstick on a pig. Yet again, the Nets front office got run. Pushed around by Harden. Pushed around by Kyrie. Pushed around by KD. And now pushed around by Bridges.

Yeah, I disagree with you.

Clearly.

Time will tell if this move works out for them. Cant accurately judge it for at least a few years.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an expiring contract.
Then the Sixers deal was better because the Sixers could have taken all of Bridges salary without having to send anything back but picks. If this is the only value Bogs has there was better out there.
Does not hurt the Nets taking him on in any way.
“Does not hurt” = why the Nets have gone from Odds leader in Vegas to win the NBa title 30 months ago and now they’re garbage.
Don’t need to get young players when you are trying to bottom out.
Yes you do. If the goal is a rebuild then the goal is taking as many young players as possible and seeing what you have that’s a piece going forward.
This deal along with the Houston trade could set the Nets up for an OKC like future if they
Can be patient.
They’re dog shit unless they fire the front office that made the mess in the first place. This is evidence of that. If they turn Bridges into young players and 4-5 1sts that Memphis offered days after the KD trade they’re ahead of schedule and Marks likely keeps his job.

All incompetent GMs are reading this and wishing and hoping that you were their boss. All you’re doing is defending incompetent.