• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my point. Everyone knew the Lakers were going to draft Bronny in the Second Round. What Paul did was just lowlife thuggery bullshit that brings a whole bunch of crap to the Lakers franchise that was unnecessary!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L
They spent 3 2nds to dump Reggie
Now THAT is major league asset mismanagement! I didn’t mind yesterday giving up the three 2nds to get “your guy”, but to dump salary, having to give up 3 second rounders is God awful.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Booth has up his sleeve.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L
Now THAT is major league asset mismanagement! I didn’t mind yesterday giving up the three 2nds to get “your guy”, but to dump salary, having to give up 3 second rounders is God awful.

Yeah this is dumb

At least dump Nnaji too and get a vet who you will use

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2nd round.

They got a top 10 talent at #17....

So LOL at you.
Why waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who can't play? Get a legitimate 2nd round player with your pick and bring in baby James as a free agent because there are zero other teams who were going to draft him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why waste a 2nd round pick on a guy who can't play? Get a legitimate 2nd round player with your pick and bring in baby James as a free agent because there are zero other teams who were going to draft him.
It’s rare late 2nd’s are even role players in the league. You are making a big deal out of nothing

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s rare late 2nd’s are even role players in the league. You are making a big deal out of nothing
I am not worried about the pick itself, I just think the announcing he won't sign because he knows he has nepotism where his talent should be.

Had it just been the pick I don't think many even bat an eye, but leveraging your daddy as a power play is shitty.

Ultimately it will not really change anything, he will get a few years as a deep bench player before he goes overseas instead of starting overseas. Worth it to the Lakers to keep Lebron happy. Smart pick by them.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

It’s hard when the NBA has fully guaranteed contracts so unless you trade a guy you can’t just cut him and keep that money. Giving Reggie a lower deal and a player option to begin with could be debated as a smart move or not but it really worked out the year they won the title, last year not so much.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard when the NBA has fully guaranteed contracts so unless you trade a guy you can’t just cut him and keep that money. Giving Reggie a lower deal and a player option to begin with could be debated as a smart move or not but it really worked out the year they won the title, last year not so much.
Reggie Jackson is on his way to setting records for most teams played for. He is never missed, not once.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A legit 2nd rounder? Go look up the history of late 2nd rounder's success, especially in the 50-60 range.

Not like this is was an early to mid 2nd rounder.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, Bronny James is nothing, absolutely nothing.
I am not worried about the pick itself, I just think the announcing he won't sign because he knows he has nepotism where his talent should be.

Had it just been the pick I don't think many even bat an eye, but leveraging your daddy as a power play is shitty.

Ultimately it will not really change anything, he will get a few years as a deep bench player before he goes overseas instead of starting overseas. Worth it to the Lakers to keep Lebron happy. Smart pick by them.
exactly. Baby James is behind the eight ball before he even starts. He’s going to be a joke in the league to other players

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A legit 2nd rounder? Go look up the history of late 2nd rounder's success, especially in the 50-60 range.

Not like this is was an early to mid 2nd rounder.
He’s going to have so much hate directed at him from fans and players in the league. So he has even less of a chance to succeed than just his lack of talent

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you post about things you know nothing about?