• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I disagree with you.

Clearly.

Time will tell if this move works out for them. Cant accurately judge it for at least a few years.
No. You can judge it right now. The story has been out for 18 months that the Nets turned down a Godfather offer from the Grizzlies. Marks got 4 picks from the Knicks when he could already be 18 months ahead of schedule on his rebuild. Marks likely gets fired for screwing this up. When Marks loses his job in the next year will you then admit that this was an abortion?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s at 36 I think. This is the last year of his deal. I’d rather be a rebuilding team and run a bidding war for his services at the deadline than to be the Sixers settling for what was likely their 3rd or 4th best option this off season.

Disagree

He slots in perfectly on your team this year as a reasonably paid 3rd option and lets you keep cap holds for your key dude mElton

You may even be able to just pay batum a little more than the half mle to keep him and use the room exception on Lowry or oubre

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You can judge it right now. The story has been out for 18 months that the Nets turned down a Godfather offer from the Grizzlies. Marks got 4 picks from the Knicks when he could already be 18 months ahead of schedule on his rebuild. Marks likely gets fired for screwing this up. When Marks loses his job in the next year will you then admit that this was an abortion?

He turned down 4, he got 5 from the Knicks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep instead they go another mediocre season. La this franchise has no clue how to rebuild so who is to say they even have those 29 and 31 picks years from now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the Sixers deal was better because the Sixers could have taken all of Bridges salary without having to send anything back but picks. If this is the only value Bogs has there was better out there.

“Does not hurt” = why the Nets have gone from Odds leader in Vegas to win the NBa title 30 months ago and now they’re garbage.

Yes you do. If the goal is a rebuild then the goal is taking as many young players as possible and seeing what you have that’s a piece going forward.

They’re dog shit unless they fire the front office that made the mess in the first place. This is evidence of that. If they turn Bridges into young players and 4-5 1sts that Memphis offered days after the KD trade they’re ahead of schedule and Marks likely keeps his job.

All incompetent GMs are reading this and wishing and hoping that you were their boss. All you’re doing is defending incompetent.

They got a lot of picks. A lot.

Crazy to me where we are at this point in time.

Nets just got a return greater than what the Cavs and Wolves gave up for Gobert and Mitchell respectively.

Mikal Bridges is a good player. He is not a great player. And whoever acquires him is going to have to pay him like a great player after 2 years.

This is the type of trade package that a disgruntled superstar might go for.

I get that you are salty about Bridges not wanting to play in Philly, and about the Nets declining Philly offer.

But this is a good trade for the Brooklyn Nets.

And this was always a necessary trade as soon as they were forced to blow up the KD/Kyrie core.

So you can’t talk about 30 months ago. It has just taken them a season and a half to get to the point where they can realistically start a rebuild.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He turned down 4, he got 5 from the Knicks
My bad. The one extra pick in my mind doesn’t justify the elapsed time wasted when they could already be into their rebuild. Additionally, Memphis had a loaded young roster to poach talent from in making that happen.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. The one extra pick in my mind doesn’t justify the elapsed time wasted when they could already be into their rebuild. Additionally, Memphis had a loaded young roster to poach talent from in making that happen.

They didn’t rebuild because the rockets owned their future

That’s why I said you need to combine the deals

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. No one is hating on them dealing them they are talking about the epic level stupidity it was to turn down 4 firsts from Houston and instead taking them from NY

They got some of those picks back yesterday too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a lot of picks. A lot.

Crazy to me where we are at this point in time.

Nets just got a return greater than what the Cavs and Wolves gave up for Gobert and Mitchell respectively.

Mikal Bridges is a good player. He is not a great player. And whoever acquires him is going to have to pay him like a great player after 2 years.

This is the type of trade package that a disgruntled superstar might go for.

I get that you are salty about Bridges not wanting to play in Philly, and about the Nets declining Philly offer.

But this is a good trade for the Brooklyn Nets.

And this was always a necessary trade as soon as they were forced to blow up the KD/Kyrie core.

So you can’t talk about 30 months ago. It has just taken them a season and a half to get to the point where they can realistically start a rebuild.
To be continued. There’s nowhere else to go with this conversation now. I’ll be tagging you the day Marks gets fired for his incompetence.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Because Marks has done the right thing by the franchise today. I won’t judge today’s trade based on what he didn’t do a year and a half ago under different circumstances.

He probably does get fired.

And his successor will be in an ideal position to succeed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Because Marks has done the right thing by the franchise today. I won’t judge today’s trade based on what he didn’t do a year and a half ago under different circumstances.

He probably does get fired.

And his successor will be in an ideal position to succeed.

If he gets Flagg or the Rutgers kid he probably doesn’t get fired

If the lottery gods screw him for over for trash like sa…..again….he gets tossed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most team would go quality over quantity. Why the Nets don’t? Bc they will trade those picks in the future. Talking about 29 and 31 picks is useless. Those Nova boys might want to end their career playing together. We don’t for the next 3-4 years those picks will be very late round picks, most likely.

That is the main point here. Quality over Quantity. The best trade they made was that Houston one.
The NY one is a loss

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets Flagg or the Rutgers kid he probably doesn’t get fired

If the lottery gods screw him for over for trash like sa…..again….he gets tossed

We shall see.

GMs and coaches get fired all the time.

Sometimes deservedly so. Sometimes they are scapegoats.

As soon as KD and Kyrie wanted out Marks was in a no win situation.

Because the team had already pushed all its chips to the middle on a losing bet.

This Knicks trade helps them reset a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they blowing it up if they aren’t in control of their picks? You can do this with every team that would have been involved for Bridges over the last 18 months. The Nets turned down 4 picks from the Grizzlies. Look what that would have been now! The Nets fucked this up. They waited a long time to get what they were offered (4 picks) in the first place. You’re trying to put lipstick on a pig. Yet again, the Nets front office got run. Pushed around by Harden. Pushed around by Kyrie. Pushed around by KD. And now pushed around by Bridges.

They control their 2025 and 2026 picks after another trade with the Rockets last night.