• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nets will also likely have 60m in cap space next summer

Maybe less depending on the draft picks holds

But they could turn this around quickly
Nobody wants to come there. They have to make trades like in the past so that is why I said, they probably trade those future picks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

Celtics are clearly better.

Others will depend on moves and health.

But LOL at you.

You can’t actually think this trade is bad for both teams.

You are just butt hurt because they didn’t trade Bridges to Philly.

Philly had their chance with him and blew it. Terribly.
Bridges doesn’t even want to play in Philly. That has nothing to do with what I’ve stated. But since we went there I can play that blame too. You’re a Bullets fan. All you’ve ever seen in the NBA is perpetual incompetence and that’s why you’re always defending incompetence on this board.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people are saying this is bad for the Nets!

Crazy.
Tough to say, Nets Celtics was historically bad because all the players they took for it had played their careers already.

Wolves version is still up in the air. That entire trade was based on the belief that Gobert getting played off the court in the playoffs was because of the surrounding type of players. We learned this year that is not the case. Wolves still have a window because of Ant, McDaniels, and Reid. In the trade the best player the Jazz are likely to get is George as it seems likely they are going to be getting mid to late 1sts from here on out. If Kessler's sophomore year is more in line with his future than his rookie he is a rotational big for the rest of his career.

That trade has gone about as good as you can expect for the Jazz. The Wolves struggled year 1 leading to a solid pick, then the Wolves keep late 20s pick in a historically bad draft, Jazz get next years pick in a loaded draft. Even with all of that breaking Jazz way I am not sure in the end they win the trade....barring them turning their pick surplus into gold.

Same goes for Cavs version. Mitchell continued his excellence, but the backcourt does not work, if Cavs flip that and add an ideal pairing they could be contenders for years. So for the 3 major trade of this type we have a clear win for the picks, 2 that are up in the air, but likely a loss for the picks side. Unless Jazz can turn their pile of picks into something great in a trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say, Nets Celtics was historically bad because all the players they took for it had played their careers already.

Wolves version is still up in the air. That entire trade was based on the belief that Gobert getting played off the court in the playoffs was because of the surrounding type of players. We learned this year that is not the case. Wolves still have a window because of Ant, McDaniels, and Reid. In the trade the best player the Jazz are likely to get is George as it seems likely they are going to be getting mid to late 1sts from here on out. If Kessler's sophomore year is more in line with his future than his rookie he is a rotational big for the rest of his career.

That trade has gone about as good as you can expect for the Jazz. The Wolves struggled year 1 leading to a solid pick, then the Wolves keep late 20s pick in a historically bad draft, Jazz get next years pick in a loaded draft. Even with all of that breaking Jazz way I am not sure in the end they win the trade....barring them turning their pick surplus into gold.

Same goes for Cavs version. Mitchell continued his excellence, but the backcourt does not work, if Cavs flip that and add an ideal pairing they could be contenders for years. So for the 3 major trade of this type we have a clear win for the picks, 2 that are up in the air, but likely a loss for the picks side. Unless Jazz can turn their pile of picks into something great in a trade.
But for most of those teams they got young players they keep or flip. The Nets got nothing. That is tank mode, which is fine but it usually takes a lot longer.

At first I thought, Wow the Knicks gave up a lot of picks for a pretty solid 2-way wing but he seems to be the final piece and gave up not a single asset player wise. That core being Nova guys will want to stay together so you have to project they will be at least a very good or great team for 3-4 years AT LEAST. That leaves the Nets will two possible good picks MAYBE. It is obviously hard to evaluate now as well but right now I like the Knicks side for sure. Plus the Nets likely get antsy and trade those picks down the road, my guess. The past suggests they don't know how to do a full rebuild the right way so why have faith in them now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Their best chance hinges on keeping hartstein.

He did a great job on embiid in the offs
Someone will overpay for Hartenstein. If a team like OKC pays over for him...fine with it. Fills a clear need and they have the money. Not many teams can pull off an overpay for him. They will regret it in the future.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will overpay for Hartenstein. If a team like OKC pays over for him...fine with it. Fills a clear need and they have the money. Not many teams can pull off an overpay for him. They will regret it in the future.

Thibs seems to know how to pull something out of centers

Even made that bum precious (who Miami laughably took over maxey) look decent enough

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for most of those teams they got young players they keep or flip. The Nets got nothing. That is tank mode, which is fine but it usually takes a lot longer.

At first I thought, Wow the Knicks gave up a lot of picks for a pretty solid 2-way wing but he seems to be the final piece and gave up not a single asset player wise. That core being Nova guys will want to stay together so you have to project they will be at least a very good or great team for 3-4 years AT LEAST. That leaves the Nets will two possible good picks MAYBE. It is obviously hard to evaluate now as well but right now I like the Knicks side for sure. Plus the Nets likely get antsy and trade those picks down the road, my guess. The past suggests they don't know how to do a full rebuild the right way so why have faith in them now.
All the players the Wolves included became a future Lakers first, but they gave up NAW to get it as well, I am not sure anything good came of it. Also out of all of these trades Bridges is the only one to have 0 awards or All-Star games. I know All-Star is a joke because of fan voting, but it will still impact something like this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges doesn’t even want to play in Philly. That has nothing to do with what I’ve stated. But since we went there I can play that blame too. You’re a Bullets fan. All you’ve ever seen in the NBA is perpetual incompetence and that’s why you’re always defending incompetence on this board.

Nah, BS.

I am objective because my team is irrelevant.

You are jaded because yours gave you false hope and is on the verge of ruining the Embiid window.

You can’t possibly think this deal is bad for both teams. That is just sour grapes by you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, this may help the Knicks keep Hartenstein. The Thunder could always pay more than the Knicks who can only pay about 16-17 mil per season by cap rules. For Hartenstein to stay he needed to be convinced the Knicks situation was better. Maybe he sees it that way now after this deal. If he’s maximizing money he was always going OKC

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the players the Wolves included became a future Lakers first, but they gave up NAW to get it as well, I am not sure anything good came of it. Also out of all of these trades Bridges is the only one to have 0 awards or All-Star games. I know All-Star is a joke because of fan voting, but it will still impact something like this.
I can see why people think Bridges is an overpay, no doubt, but for NY he isn't.

BUT I also said if they don't sign OG then this is not good for NY. It's basically a wash, OG-Bridges. They need to sign OG to make this entire thing payoff imo

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s an overpay? 3 years at $25 per is not an overpay in this climate

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won the trade.

Gobert is not the reason Minnesota is good.

Picks give opportunity for future potential. What teams do with those picks down the road doesn’t affect the grade of the current trade for me.

The reason I am saying to wait to grade this deal is not based on who the Nets pick, it is based on how high those picks end up being and how valuable they are in the future.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why people think Bridges is an overpay, no doubt, but for NY he isn't.

BUT I also said if they don't sign OG then this is not good for NY. It's basically a wash, OG-Bridges. They need to sign OG to make this entire thing payoff imo
I am not sure it is an overpay for Bridges, the crazy part of trades like these is you don't know for almost a decade, and what the Nets end up with the picks end up with is usually far different than those picks. Nets already flipped a lot of those picks to get back their future 1sts, where they are about to be fighting for the #1 pick for a few years that is EXTREME value for them before any of the picks from this trade are even realized.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don’t sign OG they just massively overpaid for a rental and then overpaid for his replacement.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won the trade.

Gobert is not the reason Minnesota is good.

Picks give opportunity for future potential. What teams do with those picks down the road doesn’t affect the grade of the current trade for me.

The reason I am saying to wait to grade this deal is not based on who the Nets pick, it is based on how high those picks end up being and how valuable they are in the future.
I don't love Gobert in the playoffs, but I can not stress enough how much of the Wolves winning is because KAT is no longer the one expected to protect the paint. That is Goberts real value.