• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might like Claxton better for them?

Just love how athletic he is. They would be so scary defensively. So much length and speed.
True but Hartenstein does a little of everything. Score, rebound, and he is a good defender. He really showcased his passing in the playoffs too.

I don't think either would be a bad choice, especially if NY goes all out to keep Hartenstein.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claxton is better on defense but Hartenstein is no slouch.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just love how athletic he is. They would be so scary defensively. So much length and speed.
I hate the fact that he can’t make free throws but the Thunder shoot them better as a team than anyone so they could absorb that I guess. I’m afraid Claxton will be too expensive though. The $25 mil or so I have seen rumored for Hartenstein is doable.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but Hartenstein does a little of everything. Score, rebound, and he is a good defender. He really showcased his passing in the playoffs too.

I don't think either would be a bad choice, especially if NY goes all out to keep Hartenstein.
He's a pretty nifty passer too.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The switchiest team in the League likely agrees with you

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just has his blinders on and now he’s dug in. The Thunder just happened to be the other team involved. This is criticism of the whole freaking plan from the Bulls organization.
Although I have seen a few reports that really like this move for the Bulls...

This has pretty much been the concensus.

• OKC: "Giddey was a clear weak spot in OKC's playoff rotation due to his poor 3-point shooting and defense. The Thunder then traded him for Caruso, a two-time All-Defensive guard who shot 40.8% from deep this past season. And the cherry on top? OKC didn't even have to give up one of its many future draft picks. Take a bow, Sam Presti."

• Chicago: "Giddey could become the primary facilitator that Chicago needs, although I do wonder how effective he'll be on a team that has little floor spacing. And while the Bulls deserve credit for finally thinking about their future with this trade, a return package of just Giddey for one of the league's best role players is underwhelming."

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I have seen a few reports that really like this move for the Bulls...

This has pretty much been the concensus.

• OKC: "Giddey was a clear weak spot in OKC's playoff rotation due to his poor 3-point shooting and defense. The Thunder then traded him for Caruso, a two-time All-Defensive guard who shot 40.8% from deep this past season. And the cherry on top? OKC didn't even have to give up one of its many future draft picks. Take a bow, Sam Presti."

• Chicago: "Giddey could become the primary facilitator that Chicago needs, although I do wonder how effective he'll be on a team that has little floor spacing. And while the Bulls deserve credit for finally thinking about their future with this trade, a return package of just Giddey for one of the league's best role players is underwhelming."

This makes the offense pretty much full time 5 out, a lot like the Celtics. Obviously the defensive changes speak for themselves.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP is expected to decline his player option. Denver is not going to be able to bring him back with other teams able to offer more and that will be a big loss since they do not have anybody capable of replacing him.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,128.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you want to see the Knicks do in the offseason, @Sportsguy9695?
Well to tell you the truth I don’t think they need to do much this off season. They definitely did better then most fans were expecting

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP is expected to decline his player option. Denver is not going to be able to bring him back with other teams able to offer more and that will be a big loss since they do not have anybody capable of replacing him.

They will have access to an mle and aggregation of salaries though

They will have a chance to be more creative for a year

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s highly confidential information. If they find out I said something it could lead to bad things and ultimately death. Sorry

:suds:
Well if Pluto has the same source he clearly does not have the same strings attached as you...he seems to think it's Atkinson now.

whoever it is, kind of hope they name him before draft.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Knicks are limited in what they can do because they don’t have full Bird rights, only early Bird rights. They can free up all the money they want but they can only pay him $16.2 M this coming season. The Thunder can offer him a 2 year deal at substantially more than that and then he could be a full free agent at only 28.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are limited in what they can do because they don’t have full Bird rights, only early Bird rights. They can free up all the money they want but they can only pay him $16.2 M this coming season. The Thunder can offer him a 2 year deal at substantially more than that and then he could be a full free agent at only 28.

Technically if they could create cap space they could offer him more

But that would take a lot of work, including losing OG to someone else and not picking up bog’s option