• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Flyers 2024 Off Season Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are taking celebrini with the first pick so hopefully they dont take a second center.

My thinking also. Though I didn't think Buffalo would take Catton in particular. They're flush with small, skilled forwards.

Interesting that it went through today and not at the draft when San Jose would know for sure who's available.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think our captain is done? Age 31 and 6 seasons left...Lol

That would be extremely unfortunate.
I do think he’s done. His body is just too broken. Not saying he doesn’t have the desire and will work harder than everyone, but the body is just not going to deliver what the mind wants.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hope that injuries and the hernia last season were slowing him down.
He's had plenty of rest, so if we get anything resembling 90% of old Coots, that should be productive enough to finish out that contract.
If we get Coots at 90% for 6 more seasons, everyone will be more than happy. That and I give him a fair shot at winning a Cup with us late in his career, assuming he plays out his contract and remains healthy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he’s done. His body is just too broken. Not saying he doesn’t have the desire and will work harder than everyone, but the body is just not going to deliver what the mind wants.
Nah, I think he's just a really good all-around player that's been dealt an extremely shitty hand over the last few seasons. This isn't Ryan Ellis all over again and if it is, where exactly is the proof?

He will very likely come into training camp in better shape than ever before. If you think being named captain doesn't add a little juice to things for him, I think that's dead wrong too. The guy is going to be a horse for us. Offensively, it's tough to say what anyone will produce, but this guy is going to lead the team all over the ice. If all else is lost, he's the perfect role model for the youngsters on the squad and this dude will not quit. Actions speak louder than words and these kids will learn from him.

Quite frankly, I think watching Sasha Barkov win a Cup with Florida also couldn't do anything but light a fire under Coots moving forward.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Obviously, it stings right now, this feeling of not making it, especially with the situation we were in,” he said. “But maybe we use this as motivation to kind of raise our game to another level next year.”
Does that sound like a guy who is done? He's coming.

He really can't say it, but you know he's thinking deep down that he's going to silence all of the critics next season in a big way and drag his team into the playoffs if need be.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking also. Though I didn't think Buffalo would take Catton in particular. They're flush with small, skilled forwards.

Interesting that it went through today and not at the draft when San Jose would know for sure who's available.
I thought that this solidified our chances of getting Catton but the more i read he may be gone earlier that 10.

Anyway Happy draft day!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit. There should be a timeframe where this needs to be announced ahead of time.

"Still no word from Columbus whether they’re going to give the Flyers that second-round pick this year, which would be No. 36 overall, or wait until next year. The Flyers assume, at this point, that they won’t know until after the first round is over on Friday night, as is Columbus’ right."

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bullshit. There should be a timeframe where this needs to be announced ahead of time.

"Still no word from Columbus whether they’re going to give the Flyers that second-round pick this year, which would be No. 36 overall, or wait until next year. The Flyers assume, at this point, that they won’t know until after the first round is over on Friday night, as is Columbus’ right."
I mean, that's the condition of the pick.
Columbus gets to decide at the end of the 1st round.
So they get to wait and see what's available.
Don't blame them for waiting.

That being said, the pick will probably be higher this year than next.
However, next years draft is supposed to be deeper, so there's that.

I would bet on them keeping the pick this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that's the condition of the pick.
Columbus gets to decide at the end of the 1st round.
So they get to wait and see what's available.
Don't blame them for waiting.

That being said, the pick will probably be higher this year than next.
However, next years draft is supposed to be deeper, so there's that.

I would bet on them keeping the pick this year.
Im not blaming Columbus i would do the same thing if we had that option. Im blaming the NHL rules committee for not have a timeline to announce any conditional pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sir. Atkinson, you be done as a Flyer.